Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coleraine/ Robert Gordon University

Options
  • 18-10-2009 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey,
    Just wondering what the general opinion is on either of these Universitys,
    I cannot decide where to go next year, Applying for dietetics so my choices are fairly limited. Would be really grateful is anyone has any experience of university of ulster or robert gorden in aberdeen!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I'm second year Human Nutrition at Coleraine but in 1st/2nd year we study the same subjects as Dietetics students.

First year there was a lot of hours in college. Labs for Chemistry, physiology,(1st term) biochemistry and med cell biology. Would imagine this is the same in most places. One or two Food and Nutrition labs in the second term also.

Its a pretty cheap place to live. Good nightlife in portstewart/portrush. Taxis to portstewart usually cost a fiver and a free bus runs on wednesdays to a massive nightclub in Portrush. No one goes into coleraine itself as there's nowhere decent, just a weatherspoons and a bunch of dodgy loyalist bars.

Would definitely recommend, good atmosphere and the lecturers are dead on/really helpful for the nutrition/dietetics courses.

Fairly short trip to belfast on the train. There's also the Derry City airport which is handy as aer arann do internal flights.

Advertisement