Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

G1032 wrote: »
    Nah. We'll fall a goal behind and then win either 2-1 or 3-1

My money's on an own goal putting us behind. Just in typically Arsenal fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

My money's on an own goal putting us behind. Just in typically Arsenal fashion.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If its 0-0 with 15/20 mins to go I'd be a million times more confident of winning than if we were 1-0 to the good with 10 mins left. I dont think my heart could bear it if we had a slender lead in the final phases of the match. We'd make a balls of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I really hope Mrs Van Persie rules the roost...

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=830189/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the match on telly at all? Setanta maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yes, Setanta apparently

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

The restless night drags on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is the match on telly at all? Setanta maybe?
    greendom wrote: »
    Yes, Setanta apparently

yeah it's definitely on setanta.

setanta sports 1 - sky 424 - coverage starts at 2:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

So nervous about today now. If there was nothing on the line I'd be confident we'd see them off easily. Considering what's at stake though I fully expect us to shít ourselves and make things very difficult.
    Just throwing this out there

Pirès' first season at AFC: 33 games played, 4 goals, 7 assists (league). Gervinho's first: 25 games played, 4 goals, 6 assists (league)

At least Bob looked like a footballer though. Not just someone who could run fast.

Frisbee wrote: »
    At least Bob looked like a footballer though. Not just someone who could run fast.

Exactly. Pires always had a finesse and technique to his game that I think we all can agree Walcott doesn't even come close to having.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Today is the day! I am absolutely shítting myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I know we're going to drop into at least fourth at some stage this afternoon.
    This is gonna be an awful nerve-wracking day.
    I have the shakes already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Exactly. Pires always had a finesse and technique to his game that I think we all can agree Walcott doesn't even come close to having.

pires was nearly 27 when he signed for arsenal though, he had pretty much all his peak years at the club. Walcott's only just turned 23, i think he'll only keep getting better & better. He gets a hard time by a lot of arsenal fans, some of it's deserved but he's not nearly half as bad as people make out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

HON TO F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭ronjo

Hey there, am new to this forum but wanted to pass on a bit of gossip I heard. Was talking to a guy in the pub the other night (I know, I know) but he reckoned the following is 100% certain.

1. RVP has already signed a new contract and they are waiting to announce ( couldnt work out why to be honest)
    2. MVila is done deal
    3. Song is off, probably to Madrid.

He seemed to know what he was talking about but where he got these details I am not sure.. Make of it what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Whatever happens we've done exceptionally well to be in the position we're in considering all that happened between July-Sept. I remember calling gob****es on here out on claims we wouldn't finish in the top half of the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

ronjo wrote: »
    Hey there, am new to this forum but wanted to pass on a bit of gossip I heard. Was talking to a guy in the pub the other night (I know, I know) but he reckoned the following is 100% certain.

1. RVP has already signed a new contract and they are waiting to announce ( couldnt work out why to be honest)
    2. MVila is done deal

He seemed to know what he was talking about but where he got these details I am not sure.. Make of it what you will.

You lost me at pub! Welcome wud'nt like to see Song gone.

Today really is what it's all about, feels like a cup final day, nervous as **** but confident, 3 nil get in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

cson wrote: »
    Whatever happens we've done exceptionally well to be in the position we're in considering all that happened between July-Sept. I remember calling gob****es on here out on claims we wouldn't finish in the top half of the table.

True that. We have the makings of a very good team, we just need to improve our squad so that players coming in to replace injuries don't disimprove the team too much. I know it's easier said than done, but if you look at United they always have a certain standard regardless of who's on the pitch. Not all their players are up to the same level as Giggs, Rooney, etc but they work well together in their system. Ferguson has to be commended for that really.

If we get third today, we'll be celebrating the 17th St. Totteringhams day in a row.

Shitting it here!

COME ON THE ARSENAL!

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    pires was nearly 27 when he signed for arsenal though, he had pretty much all his peak years at the club. Walcott's only just turned 23, i think he'll only keep getting better & better. He gets a hard time by a lot of arsenal fans, some of it's deserved but he's not nearly half as bad as people make out
    I fully understand that, and agree with you but surely you'd agree that Walcott just doesn't have the natural ability of a great footballer.

Yes he can work hard and become very good but he'll never be great or a world-beater (stealing Galvesean's rating system here :P) because he just doesn't have the natural talent. Definitely a valuable player, he'll just never amount to Pires.
    ronjo wrote: »

2. MVila is done deal

Well...welcome! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I think Song could be gone as well. One I'll get over with M'vila and hopefully a youngsters coming good.

I will be distraught if they don't do the buiss today. I have my doubts but overall I think we can deliver. Automatic CL, more money, reasons for players to join, reasons for player to stay and most importantly 16 years in a row as the biggest club in North London.

Come on you Gunners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Biggest game we've played all season since Udinese away and I think I'm even more nervous today. If we play as good as we can we should be ok. Hopefully chris brunt does not have one of his typical Arsenal games. As someone already said in this thread - leaky bum time.
    C'mon The Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

I wanted to plant my ass in front of the Telly and watch game online but the Missus wants us to go to her ma's for dinner I had a moan until I realized they've Setanta and I don't so I've backed down :) will play the oh look what's on face when we get there.

Come on Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Biggest game we've played all season since Udinese away and I think I'm even more nervous today. If we play as good as we can we should be ok. Hopefully chris brunt does not have one of his typical Arsenal games. As someone already said in this thread - leaky bum time.
    C'mon The Arsenal

Was thinking the same but he's out due to having tonsils removed! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

When did it go from Gervinho to Walcott? :confused:

Unrealistic optimist: Arsenal to hammer WBA 8-0 and give us all an enjoyable day as Spurs lose and Newcastle get fourth. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Happy Saint Totteringham's Day!!! :D Better late than never. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

You know what guys? HAPPY ST TOTTERINGHAMS DAY :D

tottenham_titanic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

C'mon Chelsea - beat Bayern ta fcuk

Over to the Spurs Supporters forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

I'm bloody withered after that.

• Advertisement

Ahead of Spurs, Champions league automatically for next season. This is brillant!!

Give Benny a contract he got us over the line today along with the west brom keeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

That was a typical arsenal performance but who cares, roll on the summer signings now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Great to get third after where we came from

But that's it from me for that season it can fcuk right off

Oh jesus that Spurs Supporters forum is getting death hahaha definitely a ban coming on I feel hahahaha.

God! How amazing was that?

If there's a better way to spend a Sunday I haven't found it!

Apparently the lads carried Pat Rice on their shoulders and paraded him around the pitch. Brilliant send-off for a club legend and great man.

RvP can't possibly leave after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Come on Chelsea!!!

efb wrote: »
    Come on Chelsea!!!

No I just cant

Arsenal sold Fabregas and Nasri and still finished one league position higher than last year, scored 2 more goals and earned 2 more points.

Aside from the obvious deadwood at the club I'd love if we could offload Gervinho in the summer. He brings absolutely nothing to the team except an ability to give the ball back to the opposition at a remarkable rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Now Hazard and M'Villa going to join us and RVP will stay :)

Anyways fantatsic result and what a roller coaster ride for our side.

Like i said in my first post here, i wanted wenger out around october/nov as we had our worst start in the season and did not have any hope that we will get top 4(my aim for this squad).

But wenger has turned it around! great result today. lets build ap[on this squad, bring in 2 more world class players and lets see if we can push for the title next season.

One last note:

EPL > La liga. Sorry but our league is the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Who thought we'd finish 3rd back in early September? Season turned out quite well in the end. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Those Spurs fans better pay up to Wilshere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Great result now we have the summer to look forward to and which one of our best players is moving.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Those Spurs fans better pay up to Wilshere!

Haha! :D Forgot about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Who thought we'd finish 3rd back in early September? Season turned out quite well in the end. :)
    I cant find my post again, but I said somewhere around September or October that we would finish top four ahead of Spurs (and Liverpool) :D

Didnt see Chelsea falling away so much or Newcastle almost lasting the distance tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Amazing to get 3rd after the start of the season we had. I wonder will all the negative Arsenal supporters come out of the wood work now?
    Work still to do though in the transfer market and with Steve Bould moving into the assistant manager role a change in management style may be about to appear too.

All in all not too bad a season considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I cant find my post again, but I said somewhere around September or October that we would finish top four ahead of Spurs (and Liverpool) :D

Didnt see Chelsea falling away so much or Newcastle almost lasting the distance tho.

You did and I think at the time I disagreed with you.
    You were spot on. Arsenal deserve credit for pulling their season together.

Anyone else knackered after that? Think I need a lie down.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Anyone else knackered after that? Think I need a lie down.

I'm up for work in 4 and a half hours and there's no way I'm going to be able to sleep anytime soon, the adreniline is still flowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

:D
    Yes! Delighted with that, no crappy CL qualifier this year as well.
    Now I'm expecting a few decent transfers this summer and finally next year we have to build on what we've done; I'm hoping for a title push :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement