Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medical Card holder- Maternity Cash Grant

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm assuming because it's a HSE payment, your local CWO will point you in the right direction!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

wow that will for sure go a long way towards getting everything baby needs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

It's worth making an appointment with your Community Welfare Officer in any case - there may be other payments you are eligibile for (such as an exceptional needs payment, family income supplement etc). I've found the CWOs to be very helpful down through the years. If there is a payment you are eligible for, they will point you in the right direction.

CWOs work out of the local health offices - you'll find contact details here:
    http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/LHO/

It's worth making an appointment with your Community Welfare Officer in any case - there may be other payments you are eligibile for (such as an exceptional needs payment, family income supplement etc). I've found the CWOs to be very helpful down through the years. If there is a payment you are eligible for, they will point you in the right direction.

CWOs work out of the local health offices - you'll find contact details here:
    http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/LHO/

Thanks :) I'm unemployed had been accepted as mature student to go back to college in September but that's out the window until next year now and my partner was just made redundant last week. So worried about money now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Thanks :) I'm unemployed had been accepted as mature student to go back to college in September but that's out the window until next year now and my partner was just made redundant last week. So worried about money now
    It really is the worst time to be worrying about finances. With both of you out of work, hopefully the CWO can get you assessed for other standard benefits like rent assistance etc, although I don't know how that works if you guys have a mortgage. Is it your first baby? People can be very generous with gifts of baby stuff - don't say no to anything and let it be known what you need! We had to buy very little for our lad, family were very good.

It really is the worst time to be worrying about finances. With both of you out of work, hopefully the CWO can get you assessed for other standard benefits like rent assistance etc, although I don't know how that works if you guys have a mortgage. Is it your first baby? People can be very generous with gifts of baby stuff - don't say no to anything and let it be known what you need! We had to buy very little for our lad, family were very good.

Yes first baby just had a scan today because I had some cramps but everything is fine couldnt believe how much the baby moved around and was great to see the heartbeat. My sister had a baby last October so will be able to get a lot of things from her which is great. So excited after the scan today we aren't worrying about money anymore. Also moving into town center next month which will cut down on petrol which is one of our biggest expenses. Probably best to wait until then to see CWO as it will be a different person

Advertisement