Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Froyo for Desire - is this the first proper working ROM?

• 28-05-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

Seems a lot of the ones floating around can't use Wifi, but this one:
    Version history:

Version 0.2 (update, first install 0.1):
    Key-layouts added
    APPS 2 SD (the google apps2sd) fully working

Version 0.1:
    WiFi working
    Data Working
    MIC working
    2.6.29 uvoc kernel
    CFQ scheduler
    8MB ram Hack
    Audio mod (loudness)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690477

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye its the first pseudo working ROM, can't see any point in flashing it though, it will be buggy, have no sense and no BT or more importantly Camera.

Fair dues to him though, good effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

I'm most curious about the speed improvements and the apps to SD card thingie, haven't used bluetooth in ages and I can live without Sense.
    But the camera thing, though...

But hey, at this speed he might have it fixed by tomorrow.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

I wouldnt suggest anyone to spend time on this as its based on the RC (release candidate) of Froyo, and might be substantially different from the final experience.
    The RC at the moment doesnt feel 100% "right" ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I wouldn't risk it at the moment. Flashing should be kept to a minimum until we get a safe recovery console.

For a proper fully working FroYo rom I would chance flashing but for this I just can't risk it.

Advertisement