Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jon Snows Future

• 27-10-2015 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I don't remember seeing it anywhere before anyway.

So I was thinking the other day about John Snow and he's possible is he dead is he not as well as the offer from stannis of becoming lord of winterfell.

Now if he is really dead but is saved by melisandre doing a thoros on it then would this relieve him of his oath to the nights watch as it ends when he dies and then when he comes back he's free to do what he likes? I figure this would give him an out and maintain his honor at the same time so he could go off and be lord of winterfell or save sansa or whatever else he is going to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭brian_7070

Yes I agree I was thinking the same thing myself. I still think he will stay at the wall though as this is where the real war is but will leave after its over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

brian_7070 wrote: »
    Yes I agree I was thinking the same thing myself. I still think he will stay at the wall though as this is where the real war is but will leave after its over

Yeah probably be easier for him to rally all the northerners to join in the fight at the wall that way as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

My thinking exactly. Melisandre being there is super convenient, as is the wording of the Night's Watch vows. Think the real intrigue is in his parenthood.

My thinking exactly. Melisandre being there is super convenient, as is the wording of the Night's Watch vows. Think the real intrigue is in his parenthood.

Yeah exactly because if the theory is true it'd be a bit of a waste having another
    targaryan
    stuck at the wall without being able to leave. Makes more sense to have him be able to go off and help his family and bring people together to join the bigger fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I think he will rally the wildlings and march on winterfell to free it from the Boltons ... That in turn will rally the Northmen behind him and he will convince them that the true war is to the North not South.

Jon was the 998th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch... I think we'll get a short term 999th... And 1000th will be Stannis Baratheon who will use the post to regain his honour in the war against the Nights King alongside Jon's army of Northmen and Wildlings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Jon was the 998th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch... I think we'll get a short term 999th... And 1000th will be Stannis Baratheon who will use the post to regain his honour in the war against the Nights King alongside Jon's army of Northmen and Wildlings.

You believe Stannis is still alive?

Son0vagun wrote: »
    You believe Stannis is still alive?

Guess that depends on books or show really doesn't it?
    HBO confirmed on the show he's dead. Unless he gets taken to castle black and melisandre does her thing I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Hope he's dead

Hate his character

I don't believe Stannis is dead in the show either.
    In the same show they had Arya stab out someone's eyes and Jon Snow graphically stabbed by the nights watch men one at a time... No way did Stannis die off screen after a cut away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Same as above, I can't believe they'd kill Stannis off without it actually being shown all the other Baratheons died on screen and given his horrible act a few scenes before it, followers of the show alone would have needed the full act. I think Brienne's character would have needed the full kill to be shown too. The only caveat there being if in the first few scenes of the next show they show Brienne walking away with Stannis' head rolling around behind her.

On Jon Snow I reckon he'll take Winterfell back with the wildlings and then come back and save the Wall bringing Stannis with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Stannis is dead. Read a quote where they said there was no need to over do it on violence in that episode

Jon Snow is dead.

He will arise as Azor ahai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,620 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The show is dead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Melisandrea is a shadowbinder. I think she will put the shadow of Stannis into the empty body of Jon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

I'm fast losing interest in Got. They kill off so many of the main characters I really don't care anymore.

Melisandrea is a shadowbinder. I think she will put the shadow of Stannis into the empty body of Jon.

You shut your dirty mouth.

I've read that theory before actually and HATE it!

Advertisement