Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMLS membership

Options
  • 13-06-2014 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just wondering has anyone gained or attempted to gain AMLS membership by getting an undergraduate science degree accredited and following their recommendations from there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

b2311 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone gained or attempted to gain AMLS membership by getting an undergraduate science degree accredited and following their recommendations from there?

You're better off asking the AMLS directly for this information. I'm pretty sure they report on membership annually or biannually.
    If you have the required education & experience the AMLS will recognise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 b2311

I have made contact with them just havnt got a reply as of yet. Unfortunately I know I will not meet all the education standards but as far as I can work out they will point out any areas I need to take, as I will effectively have to pay for each module I take in one of the accredited degrees I would rather wait for more info from them. I also think I have to meet the educational requirements before they will let me start a placement.

Think trying to get membership this way will be very time consuming and expensive. Unfortunately I dont see another way around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Considering that the process is there to ensure the persons ability to work as a medical scientist there shouldn't be any way around it. You wouldn't employ a pharmacist, radiographer, physiotherapist etc who had taken shortcuts to qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 b2311

Of course, I wouldn't be comfortable doing a job I wasn't trained or qualified to do.

I was more eluding to an alternative qualification path that was somewhat structured regarding time and cost. I am considering applying for a place on one of the BSc courses, but having already done 4 years of a biology degree,it is a big time and money commitment.

Advertisement