Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Froyo for HTC Legend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

give it a time i think, till meteor approve it too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Hopefully it will be here soon. I got it on my unbranded Meteor Desire within about 24hrs of the announcement so I hope it will be the same for Legend as its unbranded too. Not sure what else could be holding it up as I dont think Meteor need to approve it as the phone is unbranded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

Hurrah, about time!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

For some strange reason Vodafone UK have begun unrolling this update before unbranded phones...

According to this thread on Android Forums, Vodafone UK got some exclusive first dibs on 2.2 for the Legend - which is why their users are recieving the update ahead of everyone else

Sounds bizarre that Google / HTC would sell the rights to the update like that, not sure how true it is.

Rumour has it that unbranded Legends may not get it until the end of the month - I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

• Advertisement

anyone in Ireland get this yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

anyone any joy with this yet on the meteor network??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Hopefully this means Sense Froyo on the Hero once the VillainROM team get their hands on it :D

anyone any joy with this yet on the meteor network??

Huge PR disaster for HTC here, the update is ready for some time now but they've done a deal with Vodafone to give them exclusivity for the time being. Sickening and daft to treat customers like that, everyone expects unbranded first, networks second (unless networks do the right thing like Meteor and keep their ****e off good phones!). Even the source code has now been released from HTC for development but no official over the air update... embarrassing call that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

But its nearly here right???? :confused:

• Advertisement

Huge PR disaster for HTC here, the update is ready for some time now but they've done a deal with Vodafone to give them exclusivity for the time being. Sickening and daft to treat customers like that, everyone expects unbranded first, networks second (unless networks do the right thing like Meteor and keep their ****e off good phones!). Even the source code has now been released from HTC for development but no official over the air update... embarrassing call that one!

Its some joke alright, I rang meteor customer care, first call went the following (edited):
    me: hi when will you have froyo 2.2 released for the legend
    rep: eah um whats that *(I explained here what it was)*, sorry just put you on hold for a min
    me: what the **** he just hung up..!

rang back got a different rep, decent but hadn't a clue when it would be out, advised me to go into the meteor store to find out.

its frustrating to know vodafone do have it released and meteor are doing feck all about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HumanAfterAll

I'm looking forward for A2.2 in my HTC Legend :(

In the Meteor forums people is also asking, but no Meteor representative is giving any response:
    http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=1463

This make me mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

I'm looking forward for A2.2 in my HTC Legend :(

In the Meteor forums people is also asking, but no Meteor representative is giving any response:
    http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=1463

This make me mad.
    That is very poor customer care from meteor! A holding response even would be something. Guess we'll just have to wait so!

budhabob wrote: »
    That is very poor customer care from meteor! A holding response even would be something. Guess we'll just have to wait so!

Guys this is not the fault of Meteor its an update rolled out by HTC. Have a look at the Facebook page on the link below - HTC like to keep this kind of stuff to themselves and then just crash ahead with an OTA update to unbranded phones.
    I think unless the operator has bloatware (UK Vodafone seems to be one of these) then HTC dont even need to inform the operator of the update

Dont worry its on the way - http://www.eurodroid.com/2010/12/generic-htc-legend-android-2-2-update-now-launching-across-europe/

Just downloaded OTA Update 2.1-update1 which I presume is a precursor to Froyo so all ready for tomorrow - whahoooo:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Guys this is not the fault of Meteor its an update rolled out by HTC. Have a look at the Facebook page on the link below - HTC like to keep this kind of stuff to themselves and then just crash ahead with an OTA update to unbranded phones.
    I think unless the operator has bloatware (UK Vodafone seems to be one of these) then HTC dont even need to inform the operator of the update

Dont worry its on the way - http://www.eurodroid.com/2010/12/generic-htc-legend-android-2-2-update-now-launching-across-europe/

Just downloaded OTA Update 2.1-update1 which I presume is a precursor to Froyo so all ready for tomorrow - whahoooo:D

good job ultimate chin, not the first time ye sorted my head out with android.

looking forward to this now:)

2.2 update available now on unbranded (aka Meteor) phones across Europe...including Ireland, downloading now...finally can move my apps!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Yay installing!!!

Everything went fine...except I can't get my data connection working again on Meteor, checked all settings, restarted...still no data :(

Edit: Phew, sorted, the Meteor Data APN had become deselected during the install process, just needed to select it again and alls good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I got a small 17mb patch yesterday from HTC OTA and it unrooted my phone. Not a problem really.

No sign of 2.2 for my Wildfire yet though.

• Advertisement

Finally! Was starting to think this would never get rolled out

Froyo all installed - sweet as....
    :)

Wow, finding my phone to be so much faster after updating. Touch sensitivity is much better, and menus don't lag like they did sometimes

Being able to move some apps to SD means I finally have some free memory to play with as well which is nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Anyone got the Wildfire 2.2 update yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

not available yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭webels

Got a notification this am to say 2.2 is available waiting to have wifi available as it looks to be over 80mb. I am with meteor

webels wrote: »
    Got a notification this am to say 2.2 is available waiting to have wifi available as it looks to be over 80mb. I am with meteor

do ye not have a data plan with meteor? I recommend to restart your phone after installation as I found my phone slower before I done so. Once done, its sweet as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭webels

Will do - just downloading now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

i have a legend and am trying to update to froyo.
    I go to settings -> about phone -> system software updates -> scheduled check and click "check now"
    but i get this ....
    "There are no updates available for your phone"

is there another way to get 2.2 on my phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Okay..... I got an update which was 2.1-update1. What the hell's that about?

squire23 wrote: »
    Okay..... I got an update which was 2.1-update1. What the hell's that about?

Just a few framework changes to ready the phone for Froyo.If youre not rooted install it and youll get the Froyo update within a couple of days

charlesh wrote: »
    i have a legend and am trying to update to froyo.
    I go to settings -> about phone -> system software updates -> scheduled check and click "check now"
    but i get this ....
    "There are no updates available for your phone"

is there another way to get 2.2 on my phone?

Thats really weird, it should start. Are you sure your phone's not already up to date?

i powered off my phone , then restarted it - this somehow solved the issue. i have now 2.2 working.
    the navigation seems to be having a problem though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 n17man

I am feeling very frustrated. I got the 2.1 update like three days ago. Since then absolutely 'nada'. What happened to the full Froyo upgrade? I have checked my phone and it is registering 2.2 as the current software OS. I've tried the pull out the battery reboot. Seems to make no difference. Any ideas guys? Or do I have to wait until Christmas Eve? Maybe HTC heard we're 'banjaxed' in this country and decided to pull the plug ;)

n17man wrote: »
    checked my phone and it is registering 2.2 as the current software OS.

2.2 is Froyo

• Advertisement

Yep, I know that. My problem is other than elements of animation (like Live Wallpaper), tweaks to Gmail, minor changes in message sending, and most of the stuff relating to tethering, etc, there is no evidence of the new look and feel of FroYo. The basic configuration is identical to what it was under 2.1.

So what did I miss out on?

Yep, I know that. My problem is other than elements of animation (like Live Wallpaper), tweaks to Gmail, minor changes in message sending, and most of the stuff relating to tethering, etc, there is no evidence of the new look and feel of FroYo. The basic configuration is identical to what it was under 2.1.

Well what were you expecting really? :confused:
    Froyos biggest points were the additional market settings (Automatic Update/ Update all) and Moving Apps to the SD Card. It was never going to be a complete overhaul. just an update!

Speeds have greatly increased - seems to be way less lag between doing multi tasking stuff and switching between screens. Browser speeds also seem greatly increased.
    I think the display on a name when you are calling someone has updated also
    Full Adobe Flash 10.1 support.
    There's a new "Flashlight" app
    There's a new "AppSharing" app
    There are new menu animations... that have a zoom-in / zoom-out effect. For example... if you're in the settings menu... if you press the "home" button you will see the effect
    There is now a voice recognition feature. See menu\settings\voice input & output
    The HTC Legend now has the ability to be a Wi-Fi hotspot.
    Move already installed apps to the SD card
    The Youtube app has been upgraded
    There is a new "News & Weather" app
    I think Facebook app is also updated

OK, I'll check these out. Thanks for the information but to be honest I had expected what I was seeing on the web as the 'new look' Android 2.2 as featured on virtually every single YouTube and web presentation of what an upgraded HTC Legend should look like once 2.2 is installed. More puzzlement on my part than complaint, if you get my drift.:)

It took a slightly new look on the stock android builds (changed the app drawer to a 3 button shortcut of app drawer, phone and browser). Not sure did it change much else on the actual interface though :confused:

• Advertisement

It took a slightly new look on the stock android builds (changed the app drawer to a 3 button shortcut of app drawer, phone and browser). Not sure did it change much else on the actual interface though :confused:

OK, that's so much clearer. I thought I had missed out on something.

anyone else having a problem with the navigation app on froyo? Mine shows up "Searching for GPS ....." constantly?
    any help would be appreciated.

charlesh wrote: »
    anyone else having a problem with the navigation app on froyo? Mine shows up "Searching for GPS ....." constantly?
    any help would be appreciated.

ok i got it working! :o
    what i did was , start the maps app first.
    then close it - then start the navigation app - worked for me :cool:
    there are a few extra apps on froyo - and it does seem a bit faster .....having a few problems with cabbagetext in that the messages i send no longer appear in the sent part of the original text app.

Looks like Adobe Flash 10.1 is not available on the Legend. Even though its kind off rolled up with Froyo (as you would get on the Desire)
    People saying its Adobe not supporting the processor on the Legend (Legend has Armv6 Processor and Flash is avaliable for Armv7 processors and above)

Bit lazy out of Adobe as its seems its pretty straight forward to get it working. Is Flash lite sufficient:(? Some sites still wont play Flash content
    Bit of a bummer eh !

Advertisement