Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GolfstoreEurope Bust

• 02-03-2015 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

These guys are gone bust so I'd be careful placing any type of order with them. Received the following;

"DEAR SIRS

UNFORTUNATELY GOLFSTOREEUROPE LTD WAS PLACED INITO LIQUIDATION ON 27
    FEBRUARY 2015, AND WILL BE UNABLE TO PROCESS ANY FURTHER ORDERS /
    REFUNDS OR RETURNS.

STEPHEN POWELL AND GORDON JOHNSTON OF HJS RECOVERY HAVE BEEN APPOINTED
    JOINT LIQUIDATORS AND WILL BE WRITING TO CREDITORS SHORTLY.

IN THE INTERIM YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER OR BANK
    WHO MAY BE ABLE TO ADVISE YOU REGARDING REFUNDS.

ANY FURTHER ENQUIRIES PLEASE DIRECT THEM TO THE LIQUIDATORS AT :-
    golfstoreeurope@hjsrecovery.co.uk

YOURS FAITHFULLY

MICHAEL HALL

FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THE JOINT LIQUIDATORS

Michael Hall
    Insolvency Supervisor"

I had an absolute nightmare with them that lasted almost 3 months. Won't go into details but will say it was the worse customer service I've ever experienced

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Whyner wrote: »
    Heard these guys are gone bust so I'd be careful placing any type of order with them

I had an absolute nightmare with them that lasted almost 3 months. Won't go into details but will say it was the worse customer service I've ever experienced
    That's hearsay pal and unless you have documented evidence of them going busto, then it's really not very clever to post it here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

That's hearsay pal and unless you have documented evidence of them going busto, then it's really not very clever to post it here.

We have enough mods, don't need another so kindly refrain from back seat modding.

Thread re-opened and OP has been edited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Whyner wrote: »
    These guys are gone bust so I'd be careful placing any type of order with them. Received the following;

"DEAR SIRS

UNFORTUNATELY GOLFSTOREEUROPE LTD WAS PLACED INITO LIQUIDATION ON 27
    FEBRUARY 2015, AND WILL BE UNABLE TO PROCESS ANY FURTHER ORDERS /
    REFUNDS OR RETURNS.

STEPHEN POWELL AND GORDON JOHNSTON OF HJS RECOVERY HAVE BEEN APPOINTED
    JOINT LIQUIDATORS AND WILL BE WRITING TO CREDITORS SHORTLY.

IN THE INTERIM YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER OR BANK
    WHO MAY BE ABLE TO ADVISE YOU REGARDING REFUNDS.

ANY FURTHER ENQUIRIES PLEASE DIRECT THEM TO THE LIQUIDATORS AT :-
    golfstoreeurope@hjsrecovery.co.uk

YOURS FAITHFULLY

MICHAEL HALL

FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THE JOINT LIQUIDATORS

Michael Hall
    Insolvency Supervisor"

For balance i'll say that i've bought some fairway woods and raingear and shoes from them over the years and never had a problem. Like many of the golf courses going bust, i'll be sorry to see this business go also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Bought loads of stuff from there bricks and mortar shop in Derry, pity online didn't work for them. I hope the shop keeps open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Sorry to see this to be honest, bought numerous things from them online and never had a problem - less competition for Irish golf consumers can only be a bad thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

There has been talk of this for a while. I found them quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Bogieman

Under new ownership now. It looks like Golfsupport took them over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Bogieman wrote: »
    Under new ownership now. It looks like Golfsupport took them over.

Very good idea to try and distance themselves from the previous idiots who attempted to run the company.

346517.png

Advertisement