Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Golf Society 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,997 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Have to try keep these new faces honest 3putt!

Long way to go though, there'll be plenty of drama in the run up & a tough job for captains picks with a big selection pool

Not that tough - he told me he is picking himself already :D:P

Goes to show how bad things are - when captain's picks are being talked of in February

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Not that tough - he told me he is picking himself already :D:P

Goes to show how bad things are - when captain's picks are being talked of in February

Oh no, sure I'm only warming up. Plenty of jug points for me this year to make the team in my own merits. My eyes are firmly on the GOTY top prize

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Hi lads, just a though. I really liked the idea of the time sheet. Ment that lads that were out late didn't have to arrive and hang around. The other advantage was playing with different partners and getting to know each other a bit better.

There will always be requests for early slots and people traveling together could go out 1 slot after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jay1981

Yes, I'll pay up to €5 extra
    Is it too late to join the society lads? How do you become a member?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Yes, I'll pay up to €10 extra
    Drop a PM to Seve with you name and handicap if you have one.

The membership fee is €30

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    Oh no, sure I'm only warming up. Plenty of jug points for me this year to make the team in my own merits. My eyes are firmly on the GOTY top prize

Hmmmm, peaked to early is my bet! But I would have to choke like a chicken to miss the team now, so surely that means 2 picks are up for grabs
    16722386678_023f1f2633_o.jpg

Looks like your going to need a win or 2nd to make team.

Maybe - 3 , 3rds.

But - Not easy. Unless you win :)

Maybe - 3 , 3rds.

possibly, if one or two lads rack up a few points as has been done in previous years, then i think the required points total will be a lot less than last year on the basis of the larger numbers we are getting at the early outings and if those numbers continue, you would expect the points to get spread out a bit! 400-425 might just be enough :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Yes, I've money to burn and will pay whatever it takes to play the best courses
    How does the point system work lads?

benny79 wrote: »

Best 5 results.

See points for 1st - 2nd - 3rd above (225 - 190 - 160) etc.

To add to above 2 (2nds) > win = 380
    2 (3rds) > win = 320
    2 (4ths) > win = 270
    2 (5ths) > win = 230

So lots of combintations - clearer picture after The Curragh.

Best 5 only comes into play in Killeen.

• Advertisement

if you look at the results sheet over in the Naas thread, you will see a column with GOTY points and it's easy from there to see how they are allocated down the finishing positions.

At the end of the year, only your best 5 cards count, but as fix says, that won't really come into play for a while yet.

yea I see that but I came 24th and got 49 points so after 5th I think they go down in fives then ones how is that worked out? is what I mean, first is 225 than 190 than 160 but after this it changes than changes again etc

yea I see that but I came 24th and got 49 points so after 5th I think they go down in fives then ones how is that worked out? is what I mean, first is 225 than 190 than 160 but after this it changes than changes again etc

All position up to 60 pts have gaps - this is up to 13th position.

Then gaps are 1 = 59 is next.

So points gained = 60 - (pos - 13)
    ( If pos >or=13 )

So for you = 60 - (24 - 13 ) = 60 - 11 = 49.

You asked - :D

I'm not really sure what your point is, but yes it is top heavy for the winners to reward them.

Someone might correct me on this, but I think initially it was derived from the Fed Ex Cup points system. But last year it was tweaked as there were way to many points on offer for winners and as we only have a few events it was possibly a bit unfair.

the system seemed to work well last year and we have left it as it was for this year.

So points gained = 60 - (pos - 13) ( If pos >or=13 )

jeysus Fix you know how to complicate things don't you! :rolleyes:

But how does it work ? :p

So points gained = 60 - (pos - 13)
    ( If pos >or=13 )

Ha, Im sorry i did. simpes really :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bombedbiscuit

The top 10 from the first 2 outings was made up of nearly 20 different players which is good to see , would this be the norm ?? means it should be close all through the year . very hard to keep form from one month to the next anyway , and different courses do suit different players... roll on tullamore !!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

But how does it work ? :p

Its all to do with the eclipse!!!:P

The top 10 from the first 2 outings was made up of nearly 20 different players which is good to see , would this be the norm ?? means it should be close all through the year . very hard to keep form from one month to the next anyway , and different courses do suit different players... roll on tullamore !!!

true, it's good to see different people getting into the mix and i guess with a few of the top ten from port outing absent last week it probably made a difference

i would say after the Dundrum outing we will see things starting to take some kind of shape, but really anything could happen... it's great :D

• Advertisement

Lads & Lassies

It's a bit early I know, but I would like to keep on top of things ahead of time. I know there will be some of you interested in the overnight stay on Captains Prize night so I looked at a number of options and prices were all roughly the same.

I have rooms provisionally booked in Cork's River Lee Hotel. It's a nice spot close to city centre. Fota is probably a bit to far out of town. I'll have to dig out the confirmation email, but I believe it's €70 per person for the night including breakfast and I think there will be a mix of twin and triple rooms.

I want to make sure that we have enough rooms and beds sorted for those who need one, so what I am planning to do is send a teamer message out ONLY FOR THE HOTEL. Please only accept if you want me to book you a bed for the night. If you are coming out, but are arranging your own accomodation, please decline, but feel free to mention it on the thread. I just want to make sure I have enough beds booked. also, let me know if you want room only, as it would be a bit cheaper.

Also, the rate is a special if I book and pay ahead of time, so I will start to collect deposits at the next outing for those interested.

Hopefully we will have as much craic as last year and to round the year offwith the bit of notice it might mean you can organise things a bit.

Maybe - 3 , 3rds.

For a bit of Fun, I have just written down on a scrap of paper the names of who I think will be in the shake up. 22 names. I have highlighted the 10 guys I think will finish in the top ten positions.

Gone into the bottom of the drawer now, so once I still work here come the end of September, I must remember to dig it out and see how I fared!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Thankfully I have a house in cork so I'm grand for accommodation but will definitely come on the night out :)

So the after party is back in Shauna's house! Going to be Epic :D

Course :) sure I'd b sound like that :) as long as ye bring ye're own drink ) plenty of floor space too if any of ye are too cheap to pay for river Lee :)

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Course :) sure I'd b sound like that :) as long as ye bring ye're own drink ) plenty of floor space too if any of ye are too cheap to pay for river Lee :)

I call couch!!!

charlieIRL wrote:
    I call couch!!!

Suppose I'll have to give it to us but might rob a lift of u a couple more times in return :p

Suppose I'll have to give it to us but might rob a lift of u a couple more times in return :p

Haha, spot on.

I like my toast well done and 2 sugars in my tea!!!

charlieIRL wrote:
    I like my toast well done and 2 sugars in my tea!!!

Ahh you can make me the same too so :)

• Advertisement

:pac: Jeysus guys....... Get a room. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

charlieIRL wrote: »
    2 sugars in my tea

That's disgusting right there.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I call couch!!!

Seve - You watching above :rolleyes:

Former " el capitan" on a couch.

Terrible - enjoy your year Seve - how the mighty fall.

good numbers confirming on teamer for the overnight. it's gonna be madness! :)

with a bit of luck!!!:D

Lads - just a question, as I'm sure some will need to consider.

But as hotels go - Is that sort of more upmarket - it is a nice hotel , will be good to be in the same place, and it is well located into city ?

• Advertisement

But as hotels go - Is that sort of more upmarket - it is a nice hotel , will be good to be in the same place, and it is well located into city ?

It is a "posh" hotel but literally 2min walk to Patrick street and round the corner from riordains :)

It is a "posh" hotel but literally 2min walk to Patrick street and round the corner from riordains :)

We are not going to bleeding riordans ?

Anyway as I said is a class spot - I guess you only live once.

We are not going to bleeding riordans ?

Haha sure why not it's a class spot and its only €3 pints before half 10 :) ha

Might run into George hook in river Lee too, I'be literally been in the place twice and saw him twice :) Dont though if that's a positive or negative aspect to the hotel :)

Yea it's a bit of a posh hotel but as Shauna says it's really well located. When I booked it, it was more or less the same price, think a fiver at most more than Jurys Inn, so I figured we could all bring our trunks and meet today in the hot tub :)

In all seriousness though, if there is a better option we can change, nothing paid down yet.

No Seve - too confusing (IMO)
    If people want to stay somewhere else they will - as they did last year.

I'll stay at river lee anyway.

• Advertisement

I'm going to start taking deposits at the next outing for the hotel. If I get a few quid in, I will book and pay for some rooms up front as there is a (bit) of a deal to be done that way.

Should we be all going for breakfast? Cheaper without but some will want and some won't. Maybe a mix?

I'm going to start taking deposits at the next outing for the hotel. If I get a few quid in, I will book and pay for some rooms up front as there is a (bit) of a deal to be done that way.

Should we be all going for breakfast? Cheaper without but some will want and some won't. Maybe a mix?

One of the best breakfasts I've had in a hotel, is there.
    Very good food there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭bobster453

Hi all
    I see the Irish Times Fantasy Golf is now up and running
    https://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com/

Boards.ie league set up

PIN 2955

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

ddvQ3fT.png

Heading away on hols soon & will miss Tullamore round.
    I'll be trickling (tumbling?) down the board soon I'll throw this up so no one can ever take it away from me :o

RoadRunner wrote: »
    ddvQ3fT.png

Heading away on hols soon & will miss Tullamore round.
    I'll be trickling (tumbling?) down the board soon I'll throw this up so no one can ever take it away from me :o

Or me.... Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

Hey Guys,

not around this weekend or for your next outing, but definitely interested in joining you for the last 4 outings of the year if thats okay?

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

not around this weekend or for your next outing, but definitely interested in joining you for the last 4 outings of the year if thats okay?

yea no probs
    drop me a pm with your info, club, handicap, email, mobile and i will add you on teamer

Lads & Ladies

would there be any interest in getting t-shirts (or anything else) printed/embroidered up with the logo? I've a contact that does all that sort of thing and is pretty decent on price, though it would depend on exactly which t-shirt we go for.

Maybe even get a few as prizes?

Anyway, up for discussion, if interest is sufficient, I can make enquirys as to cost.

I'd be up for getting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lads & Ladies

would there be any interest in getting t-shirts (or anything else) printed/embroidered up with the logo? I've a contact that does all that sort of thing and is pretty decent on price, though it would depend on exactly which t-shirt we go for.

Maybe even get a few as prizes?

Anyway, up for discussion, if interest is sufficient, I can make enquirys as to cost.

Sounds like a good idea Seve, don't know about others but I would be quite happy if they were given out as prizes. Would buy one too if they were nice.

I don't know how it'd work in terms of costs etc but if they were part of prizes then you would have the Ryder jug team all kitted out for the end of year match.

Something in blue would really bring out my eyes.... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement