Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - opinions

Options
  • 06-10-2006 8:49am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

I was in Cork Airport yesterday for the first time and have to admit that I was a bit disappointed.

The check-in area looks like its much the same size (higher ceilings), the escalators up didn't work. The security area looks like as if any decent sized queue would be back to the top of the escalators. The gate seating seems very sparse - we left from Gate 3 and I doubt that there was enough seats for a full flight.

There seems to be a lot of wasted space - eg overhangs at between the gate seating and the airside walls.

Of course the lack of a viewing area is a major loss - this was part of what made Cork such a homely airport - the kids could see their mammy/daddy/gran/nan/grampy/granda/granny/granma/aunt/uncle getting on/off the plane.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

parsi wrote:
    I was in Cork Airport yesterday for the first time and have to admit that I was a bit disappointed.

The check-in area looks like its much the same size (higher ceilings), the escalators up didn't work. The security area looks like as if any decent sized queue would be back to the top of the escalators. The gate seating seems very sparse - we left from Gate 3 and I doubt that there was enough seats for a full flight.

There seems to be a lot of wasted space - eg overhangs at between the gate seating and the airside walls.

Of course the lack of a viewing area is a major loss - this was part of what made Cork such a homely airport - the kids could see their mammy/daddy/gran/nan/grampy/granda/granny/granma/aunt/uncle getting on/off the plane.
    i agree with all that....a backward jump.....

Advertisement