Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Fantastic from Furyk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Excuse my ignorance but how is the RBC over already? It's only 3.20pm at the venue? Was just planning to turn it on and enjoy the closing stages ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but how is the RBC over already? It's only 3.20pm at the venue? Was just planning to turn it on and enjoy the closing stages ......

Bad weather meant to be coming in in the afternoon so they started early this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Jim wins at last - delighted for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Great see Big Bird finally get another PGA win. 63 was some shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Looking bad for the Zurich Open at the moment. 20 past 3 their time and the top 20 or so haven't even started their third rounds...

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Looking bad for the Zurich Open at the moment. 20 past 3 their time and the top 20 or so haven't even started their third rounds...

What time is play due to resume at?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

What time is play due to resume at?

They managed to get out for a few holes but darkness called a halt to proceedings. Due to head out at 7.30am tomorrow. Jason Day will have to play 33 holes tomorrow if he's to finish his third and fourth rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

They managed to get out for a few holes but darkness called a halt to proceedings. Due to head out at 7.30am tomorrow. Jason Day will have to play 33 holes tomorrow if he's to finish his third and fourth rounds.

They're off and running on schedule this morning, gonna be a long day for them but forecast is good so they should finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

33 holes is a LOT to expect in one day - Harringtons trickiest part of his Honda win - involved starting his 4th round 15 minutes (from memory) after finishing his 3rd.

Should be an exciting finish to this. Very bunched leaderboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Justin sets the clubhouse lead at -22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Hard to catch now.. especially after boo missing on 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hard to catch now.. especially after boo missing on 17.

Yep, Rose has it won now. Real bottle down the last few holes. Great shots and real positive putts.

More pressure on Rory's number 1 ranking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Rose really hitting for right now.

Great win for Rosey! :D

More pressure on Rory's number 1 ranking

Considering he's played so few events, Rory is still in 5th place for points gained in 2015.

It's still going to take exceptional golf to catch him :D

Was only half watching in the pub but looked like a great win for Rose. Bit annoyed because I was between him and Johnson to back this week, went for the latter. That said, pleased to see Rosey do the job, he played so well at Augusta he deserved to get a win.

Phil has pulled out of the matchplay (personal reasons) and in steps Mikko Ilonen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

PARlance wrote: »
    Phil has pulled out of the matchplay (personal reasons) and in steps Mikko Ilonen.

Sorry to hear that but great opportunity for Mikko Illonen in fairness, winning the Irish Open has pushed him on nicely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

They had to go to 67th to fill the match play.

rocky911 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that but great opportunity for Mikko Illonen in fairness, winning the Irish Open has pushed him on nicely

Not sure what the personal reasons are, the article I read (golf.com) referenced the fact the he previously criticised the format. So it may just be Phil being picky about his schedule. He's no spring chicken, I can see him turning into a player that just targets the majors, with a reduced schedule, from now on.

Mikko has a fairly decent record in matchplay iirc. Think he won the Amateur matchplay.

Not sure what the personal reasons are, the article I read (golf.com) referenced the fact the he previously criticised the format. So it may just be Phil being picky about his schedule. He's no spring chicken, I can see him turning into a player that just targets the majors, with a reduced schedule, from now on.

Mikko has a fairly decent record in matchplay iirc. Think he won the Amateur matchplay.

Horses for courses I guess and to be fair he is pushing on so may be a smart move.

The best thing about WGC is the 5 days of golf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

He won the west of Ireland too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Ben Crane was obviously pi$$ed off at being outdriven by Day and Johnson every hole so he found a way to have the same yardage for their approach shots... :D

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/ben-crane-makes-imaginative-par-zurich-classic

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/591682297218269184

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You'd think they'd show where the ball landed

Synode wrote: »

Probably on some poor fooker's unsuspecting head! :D

Synode wrote: »

I know ya! or even an aerial view of it..next weekend Il take a leaf out Crane's book

I have to aim that far left just to hit my own fairway :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Total different format though this time, half the field went home on Wednesday in previous years. Everyone guaranteed 3 days in the new set up.
    Draw due at 5 P.M.

Possible 72 holes for the last 4 over the weekend.

Tough week going into The Players Championship for some!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Yeah they have a tough life alright :p

McDowell and Lowry in the same group, good match on the cards there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Not sure if it's possible or where can it be done but would be good fun to draw up the brackets and try predict the winner of the match play like they do for other events.

Not sure if it's possible or where can it be done but would be good fun to draw up the brackets and try predict the winner of the match play like they do for other events.

CDnnpuIWAAE2NzY.png:large

You're welcome ;)

You can take part in the Fantasy Bracket game here:
    fantasybracket.pgatour.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Total different format though this time, half the field went home on Wednesday in previous years. Everyone guaranteed 3 days in the new set up.
    Draw due at 5 P.M.

Possible 72 holes for the last 4 over the weekend.

I like the look of this format from a fans point of view - plenty of interest over three days.

You're welcome ;)

You can take part in the Fantasy Bracket game here:

Entered.

Come on Rory! :D

Rikand wrote: »
    Entered.

Come on Rory! :D

I don't think he'll win but when doing up the bracket I just kept picking him to win his matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I went for Scott to knock out Rory and triumph overall.

you never know with these things, there is always someone who rocks up out of nowhere.

Remember Victor in the Cactus last year :)

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    I went for Scott to knock out Rory and triumph overall.

you never know with these things, there is always someone who rocks up out of nowhere.

Remember Victor in the Cactus last year :)

Yep, I had Dooby getting to the quarters, but then ultimately losing to Rory cause of my Rory bias. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Ended up with a Brooks Koeepka(He got a lucky run :D) vs Henrik Stenson final with Stenson to take it down.

I created a league on this

League name :: Boards.ie golf
    League password :; boardsgolf

When you create your bracket, click on leagues.

In the "search leagues" textfield, type in "Boards.ie golf"
    and then enter the password when you click to join.

Might be a bit of fun between us all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I picked mine earlier but they've disappeared. Was there a save button or anything?

Edit: Doh! I forgot to pick my winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rikand wrote: »
    I created a league on this

League name :: Boards.ie golf
    League password :; boardsgolf

When you create your bracket, click on leagues.

In the "search leagues" textfield, type in "Boards.ie golf"
    and then enter the password when you click to join.

Might be a bit of fun between us all :D

maybe throw a link up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    maybe throw a link up?

Link to the bracket challenge = fantasybracket.pgatour.com

Link to the Boards league - http://fantasybracket.pgatour.com/group?group_id=867

:D

Apparently McIlroy is going to take a private jet to Vegas on Saturday night for the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight regardless or whether he's in it or not. If he does make it to Sunday he could come in for a lot of criticism for that.

Apparently McIlroy is going to take a private jet to Vegas on Saturday night for the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight regardless or whether he's in it or not. If he does make it to Sunday he could come in for a lot of criticism for that.

Think it was the Daily Mail who are leading with that story... so could be a load of nothing.

If it is true... you never know, it might be a perfect solution to break up the monotony of 5 days golf with a potential 36 holes on both Saturday and Sunday. And it's a relatively short flight on a luxury jet with bed-like seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭sailing

Vegas is only a short hop from San Fran. Can be done in about an hour and a quarter easily. It would probably take longer to get from the course to a hotel than a trip like this. Whether it's advisable is a different story although I'm sure he's not too concerned what the general public think about it one way or another.

That fight is on at 8pm local time. Back in the leabha by midnight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement