Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfnet.ie

Options
  • 12-04-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

Might be question already asked,
    I can't log into golfnet any more, my card is a few years old, I have a four digit pin on the card and my member number and cant open new account either, its saying pin or member number not recognised ??

do I need new card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

You have to re-register. Did you get a new card this year off the gui?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

cheers thx, havnt got a new card yet, but I have tried to re-register and that's what was not working

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

We all got new GUI cards last year. Check with your club for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

Lads I registered with the new golfnet & it has my Hc @ 15.1!! Its 21.7. Well it was last Sat in the weekly comp and I played very bad. Its also saying HC cut on howdidido but not explaining why! Any my last 3 comps I was off 15.1 which I clearly wasnt & they were the first 3 18 holers of the year after the winter league etc

been in touch with my club & they said they check it out as it must be wrong as I got no cuts & one of the lads said you wouldnt get cut 7 shots on general play.
    Talk about dangling a carrot in front of your face :mad:

Anyone have similar experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

benny79 wrote: »
    Lads I registered with the new golfnet & it has my Hc @ 15.1!! Its 21.7. Well it was last Sat in the weekly comp and I played very bad. Its also saying HC cut on howdidido but not explaining why! Any my last 3 comps I was off 15.1 which I clearly wasnt & they were the first 3 18 holers of the year after the winter league etc

been in touch with my club & they said they check it out as it must be wrong as I got no cuts & one of the lads said you wouldnt get cut 7 shots on general play.

Very likely there is 2 GUI numbers registered against your name or a mix-up in GUI numbers between you and someone with a very similar name to yourself.
    This happened to my dad. His number linked to go a guy with a similar name playing off a 28 handicap. He had another GUI number that he never used before which when this version of golfnet came into play, had his handicap details registered against it.

Might be worth cehcking that out with your golf club as well. Maybe names got switched around or your details recorded over 2 GUI numbers

• Advertisement

My no is the same as the last card and was working grand up until Monday according to howdidido I know both sites are linked but I have my card over a year! was in touch with my club so there going to check it out and sent golfnet a email. Really annoying though as I would love it to be right but sadly not there yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

big cut for you so on Saturday :D

My no is the same as the last card and was working grand up until Monday according to howdidido I know both sites are linked but I have my card over a year! was in touch with my club so there going to check it out and sent golfnet a email. Really annoying though as I would love it to be right but sadly not there yet!

AFAIK golfnet & howdidido are not linked

Ha. :D there not linked maybe, but I think one pulls info off the other.

Ha. :D there not linked maybe, but I think one pulls info off the other.

no as far as i am aware when your club closes off a competition it updates golfnet automatically. they then have to upload to howdidido..... and they dont always do this. my club ... certainly in the past were terrible for doing it sometimes and not other times
    howdidido does not control your handicap. your official one is done on golfnet which is the GUI.

My club told me everything is sent to golfnet & the likes of howdidido pulls the info of that! As I had a issue with the results not been updated on the club website & was told to join howdidido. As if there both separate then the 2 of them would hardly get it wrong! Ill suppose ill have 2 swipe my card on the clubs computer system and see what it says was off last nite when I tried. but its a bit of a pain in the arse especially since Im trying to improve & get cut. But I want to do it the right way so I can play to it.

• Advertisement

https://www.golfnet.ie/handicap/classic-view?handicapId=17139774

Lads dont know if that link will work but its my score in Corbellis on the 20/2/2015 seemly my Hc went down after that (by 7 shots) as according to the chap in my club I was 20 shots better the the css Seriously wtf like if that was the case, 1. I'd be on Tour & 2. I would of won the competition. plus my hc only changed last sat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Lads dont know if that link will work but its my score in Corbellis on the 20/2/2015 seemly my Hc went down after that (by 7 shots) as according to the chap in my club I was 20 shots better the the css Seriously wtf like if that was the case, 1. I'd be on Tour & 2. I would of won the competition. plus my hc only changed last sat!

haha 20 shots better than css. That must be some sort of record.
    I hope you were wearing one of these bad boys during the round.
    2820g.jpg

But on a serious note somebody made some cock up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

1 more rounds 4 shots or better and you'll be due an ESR. Should be no bother to ya! ;)

Stop its becoming a total mess now total I'll have to play opens at 15hc till its sorted but be ok at home club! And to make it worse that was my first ever open comp!

Have to say, I'm really not a fan of the new golfnet site

Seemly CSS was 90!! something like 18 or 19 over par think Corbellis is even less. Obviously a golfnet problem but the issues it has cause me! I have sent about 10 emails back and forward to my club & golfnet who told me to contact my club :mad: Wont be sorted to next week.

Pure hassle man what a joke!

Seemly CSS was 90!! something like 18 or 19 over par think Corbellis is even less. Obviously a golfnet problem but the issues it has cause me! I have sent about 10 emails back and forward to my club & golfnet who told me to contact my club :mad: Wont be sorted to next week.

Pure hassle man what a joke!

but they are going to sort it yea?

BTW..did you win the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

kiers47 wrote: »
    haha 20 shots better than css. That must be some sort of record.
    I hope you were wearing one of these bad boys during the round.
    2820g.jpg

But on a serious note somebody made some cock up with that.

You think that's impressive...last year I shot 74 better than the CSS in a scratch cup & was cut from 11.4 to 0, as according to the system I completed 18 holes in 0 strokes.

Took a screen grab off howdidido at the time to remind me of the days when I was a scratch golfer :D

Needless to say it was adjusted & I got the 0.1 back to go to 11.5 :(

Seve OB wrote: »
    but they are going to sort it yea?

BTW..did you win the competition

No I didn't!! think i'll get point 1 back but my get away with it, I had 31 points is that tin the buffer zone??

Yea. My club has to get a copy of the scorecard I think. Should be sorted within a week, but a lot of hassle! Nearly best to say nothing and keep the HC & try play to it :D Whats the opposite of as Bandit?? :):):)

No I didn't!! think i'll get point 1 back but my get away with it, I had 31 points is that tin the buffer zone??

Yea. My club has to get a copy of the scorecard I think. Should be sorted within a week, but a lot of hassle! Nearly best to say nothing and keep the HC & try play to it :D Whats the opposite of as Bandit?? :):):)

An eejit :D

Depends on the CSS but 31 probably just outside buffer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Whats the opposite of as Bandit?? :):):)

An American? They're all paying off single figures, shooting 110 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭yettie1701

PARlance wrote: »
    An American? There'll all paying off single figures, shooting 110 :D

Ha ha class. That's what I'm going to call myself from now on. I'm useless off my handicap. Might even change my name on here to The Yank.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ProV

Seve OB wrote: »
    Have to say, I'm really not a fan of the new golfnet site

I agree,

As a standalone website the old Golfnet ( golfnet 1 ) worked very well !
    Golfnet 2 is trying to incorporate too many things..... Advertisement, Tourism, all 4 branches of the Gui, all 5 branches of the ilgu, Junior Golf, the list goes on .

I can understand with golfing numbers down, the golfing unions need to Tap new sources of revenue and most probably some revenue driving "expert" pointed all in this direction, but ...
    It is time to return to Golfnet1 or Golfnet 2.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

How are year getting on with away scores? Have 3 scores waiting but can't see them in the away section, dunno if it's the site or what. 3 different courses too.

Just have 1 from the other day and no sign of it
    Pain in the arsenal as I plan to play a good bit of away stuff in the coming months

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

I had an away score from February while the site was down and it is now showing in the "unprocessed away score" category.
    I have to physically change my handicap, a reduction of .9, every time I enter my score because my handicap on golfnet, doesn't reflect that score.
    I have approached my club but they are having issues finding the score on their version of golfnet.
    Pain in the butt.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

I've played two counting home comps and one away and none are showing up . It's fierce annoying .

I played an away comp last Tuesday. Still not even even showing up under unprocessed away scores.
    It is on howdidido, but while it has my name, it does not come under my rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

I played away comp Easter weekend, and it was on golfnet and handicap adjusted +0.1 :( by the following Wednesday.

I was surprised and impressed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Mine s updated since yesterday . 3 .1s back unfortunately but hopefully it will keep up to date weekly now

Advertisement