Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Golf Society 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

charlieIRL wrote: »
    2 sugars in my tea

That's disgusting right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I call couch!!!

Seve - You watching above :rolleyes:

Former " el capitan" on a couch.

Terrible - enjoy your year Seve - how the mighty fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,064 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

good numbers confirming on teamer for the overnight. it's gonna be madness! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Seve OB wrote: »

with a bit of luck!!!:D

Lads - just a question, as I'm sure some will need to consider.

But as hotels go - Is that sort of more upmarket - it is a nice hotel , will be good to be in the same place, and it is well located into city ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Yes, I'll pay up to €10 extra
    But as hotels go - Is that sort of more upmarket - it is a nice hotel , will be good to be in the same place, and it is well located into city ?

It is a "posh" hotel but literally 2min walk to Patrick street and round the corner from riordains :)

shaunac93 wrote: »
    It is a "posh" hotel but literally 2min walk to Patrick street and round the corner from riordains :)

We are not going to bleeding riordans ?

Anyway as I said is a class spot - I guess you only live once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

We are not going to bleeding riordans ?

Haha sure why not it's a class spot and its only €3 pints before half 10 :) ha

Might run into George hook in river Lee too, I'be literally been in the place twice and saw him twice :) Dont though if that's a positive or negative aspect to the hotel :)

Yea it's a bit of a posh hotel but as Shauna says it's really well located. When I booked it, it was more or less the same price, think a fiver at most more than Jurys Inn, so I figured we could all bring our trunks and meet today in the hot tub :)

In all seriousness though, if there is a better option we can change, nothing paid down yet.

No Seve - too confusing (IMO)
    If people want to stay somewhere else they will - as they did last year.

I'll stay at river lee anyway.

• Advertisement

I'm going to start taking deposits at the next outing for the hotel. If I get a few quid in, I will book and pay for some rooms up front as there is a (bit) of a deal to be done that way.

Should we be all going for breakfast? Cheaper without but some will want and some won't. Maybe a mix?

I'm going to start taking deposits at the next outing for the hotel. If I get a few quid in, I will book and pay for some rooms up front as there is a (bit) of a deal to be done that way.

Should we be all going for breakfast? Cheaper without but some will want and some won't. Maybe a mix?

One of the best breakfasts I've had in a hotel, is there.
    Very good food there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭bobster453

Yes, I've money to burn and will pay whatever it takes to play the best courses
    Hi all
    I see the Irish Times Fantasy Golf is now up and running
    https://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com/

Boards.ie league set up

PIN 2955

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

ddvQ3fT.png

Heading away on hols soon & will miss Tullamore round.
    I'll be trickling (tumbling?) down the board soon I'll throw this up so no one can ever take it away from me :o

RoadRunner wrote: »
    ddvQ3fT.png

Heading away on hols soon & will miss Tullamore round.
    I'll be trickling (tumbling?) down the board soon I'll throw this up so no one can ever take it away from me :o

Or me.... Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

Hey Guys,

not around this weekend or for your next outing, but definitely interested in joining you for the last 4 outings of the year if thats okay?

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

not around this weekend or for your next outing, but definitely interested in joining you for the last 4 outings of the year if thats okay?

yea no probs
    drop me a pm with your info, club, handicap, email, mobile and i will add you on teamer

Lads & Ladies

would there be any interest in getting t-shirts (or anything else) printed/embroidered up with the logo? I've a contact that does all that sort of thing and is pretty decent on price, though it would depend on exactly which t-shirt we go for.

Maybe even get a few as prizes?

Anyway, up for discussion, if interest is sufficient, I can make enquirys as to cost.

I'd be up for getting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lads & Ladies

would there be any interest in getting t-shirts (or anything else) printed/embroidered up with the logo? I've a contact that does all that sort of thing and is pretty decent on price, though it would depend on exactly which t-shirt we go for.

Maybe even get a few as prizes?

Anyway, up for discussion, if interest is sufficient, I can make enquirys as to cost.

Sounds like a good idea Seve, don't know about others but I would be quite happy if they were given out as prizes. Would buy one too if they were nice.

I don't know how it'd work in terms of costs etc but if they were part of prizes then you would have the Ryder jug team all kitted out for the end of year match.

Something in blue would really bring out my eyes.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Count me in for one. Can you post up the makes your can get your hands on?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

I'd take one

Ok so. I'll make enquiries so and let yis know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah sounds like a great idea Seve. Would be good to have everyone kitted out for the Ryder jug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Have a great one tomorrow guys and gals - looking forward to hearing the stories and results 😃

Well after Tullamore I am still top of the pile with a solid pull of 100 points, but there are a few lads starting to consolidate their position in the Ryder Jug Positions. With his win, Athlone leapfrogs into second spot and despite never winning rock steady Fix moves into third and looks sure to guarantee himself a Jug spot... though this season is only just starting to get warmed up, so with 5 events still to play and 5 best scores to count, there is nobody out of it yet!

17062278677_13e295a434_c.jpg

Thanks Seve for all the work.

Too early for any coronations in my opinion - was in 3rd once and finished 11th (lol)

Anyway - I think the lads mentioned it or it was posted before - could you change first post to which Carton house course we are playing ?

Again - thanks again - first in the door and always last out.

Cheers Fix. It's the Monty course. I can't change it so maybe Keano or Charlie would be so kind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Just saw the date for Dundrum. Gutted I'll be missing it. Have a good one lads.

• Advertisement

Cheers Fix. It's the Monty course. I can't change it so maybe Keano or Charlie would be so kind

Done!

Advertisement