Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of adhesion....

Options
  • 24-10-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

So I heard on the radio this morning that the trains this morning were running late due to a 'lack of adhesion' on the tracks.

I'm assuming there is a change management communication pr guru consultant buried in the depths of Irish Rail that decided 'leaves on the tracks' should be changed to 'lack of adhesion' because..err obviously just because??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

So I heard on the radio this morning that the trains this morning were running late due to a 'lack of adhesion' on the tracks.

I'm assuming there is a change management communication pr guru consultant buried in the depths of Irish Rail that decided 'leaves on the tracks' should be changed to 'lack of adhesion' because..err obviously just because??

Lack of adhesion can be caused by other factors such as excessive damp or water on the track, surface rust, faulty track circuits or anti skid sensors or at the extreme end, snow and frost or dead animals on the track. Leaf and other vegetation generally are the main causes and are scoourges of air braked trains worldwide.

Advertisement