Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing DIY Sat Dish

• 07-07-2005 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Hi

How hard (or easy) is it to set up a dish to receive other satellites other than the Sky Astra sat?

I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to this sort of thing but never had the urge to set up my own dish and recevier til now.

I was thinking of a dish and receiver separate from my current SKY dish. The missus would kill me if I messed that up!

So what's involved and what do I need??

Ta very much
    Slumped

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan/ is a good link.

It's easy enough - I mean I've managed to do to set ups... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

a compass :) and a drill .

3 angles to consider,
    compass angle,
    tilt (marked at back of dish and between 20 and 30 degrees)
    twist of LNB from straight about 15 degrees to the right)

use this prog smwlink www.smw.se , enter your location

and do check the wall is straight :) ,

start with astra 2 as its easy to find .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

My method:

Find someone who got the Lidl Satfinder for EUR10, point the dish in approximately the same direction as everybody else's dish, wiggle it around, and you're laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Thanks for the responses guys, will let y'all know how it goes, assuming I don't fall off the roof! ;)

Advertisement