Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Value of an 08 fiesta

• 15-06-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all,

What would be the average value of a 08 fiesta with about 40k miles, old model from a dealer based on a straight deal and with a 00 fiesta as a trade in with NCT up?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Fiesta is worthless to a dealer, don't even mention it.

As for the Fiesta, petrol/diesel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sell the 14 year old Fiesta privately. Anything you get for it privately will end up being more than what a dealer will give you for it in reality. Then ask for a discount off the new car because you are not trading in the old car.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭satnavadays

The 08 fiesta is petrol, steel model.

I know that the dealer will just scrap the car, but it has just failed the NCT on rust and few other bits. The tax has is also just up so don't thing it worth the hassel of selling private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Failed NCT with rust?

The car is worthless.

You really have 2 options, stick it onto donedeal for €300 and take what you can get for it or bring it to a car-recycler for cash, you should get around €100 in scrap metal for it.

The car isn't mine personally, it's a family members. Here's a link to the 08 fiesta. What would be a good deal on this?

http://mobi_motorpark.webzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=51014012755018320

• Advertisement

If you are hell bent on trading the old car in then nobody can really tell what is a good price as the trade-in distorts the real price of the newer car.

My sister bought a similar car about 3-4 years ago from a main Ford dealer with lower mileage, she had no trade-in and after some back and forth haggling she eventually paid just under €7500 for it. So looking at your link either she got her's at the time for half nothing or they don't depreciate. :D

bazz26 wrote: »
    If you are hell bent on trading the old car in then nobody can really tell what is a good price as the trade-in distorts the real price of the newer car.

My sister bought a similar car about 3-4 years ago from a main Ford dealer with lower mileage, she had no trade-in and after some back and forth haggling she eventually paid just under €7500 for it. So looking at your link either she got her's at the time for half nothing or they don't depreciate. :D

Thanks Bazz. If it was a straight deal what would be a good price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

That's very dear for a 6 year old fiesta. To put it into perspective you would get a Focus or even a Mondeo of the same age for a similar price - two bigger cars. I know it has low mileage but even still. Motorpark are a Ford dealer, and like them all tend to have their prices up in the air.....

There are quite a few on carzone asking below €7k and cheaper ones again with higher mileage, so I definitely think there is room for haggling on the asking price. It also really depends on how much the car owes the dealer, if he gave the previous owner a generous trade-in price they he will want to make it back when selling it on.

I'd probably go in with a straight deal starting offer of around €6600 and see what they say. No point in going in too low as the dealer will just get insulted and not engage further with you. Go in with a realistic offer and it gives both parties a bit of leeway with their bottom price. Remember the best advantage you have is in the ability to be prepared to walk away from the deal if the price is not right. Going in with a take it or leave it offer tends not to work.

That's very dear for a 6 year old fiesta. To put it into perspective you would get a Focus or even a Mondeo of the same age for a similar price - two bigger cars. I know it has low mileage but even still. Motorpark are a Ford dealer, and like them all tend to have their prices up in the air.....

I know what you are saying, the asking price does have some fat in it but not really comparible to a Focus or Mondeo. Small cars in general hold their value a lot better than bigger ones. Small cars are more in demand due to their lower running costs which in turn keeps prices steady.

• Advertisement
Advertisement