Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PHEV's available in Ireland

• 14-06-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭

With Mitsubishi about to launch the Outlander PHEV what other PHEVs are on sale or going on sale soon in Ireland?

Toyota annoumced a PHEV for 2013 but they don't have it listed on their site site

I'd be interested in a PHEV as my commute isn't that long and we have chargers in work, but I live in an apartment so a pure electric isn't an option, and I'm not convinced I can get the savings using a non PHEV hybrid as it'll be using petrol to charge the batteries, While with a PHEV I'd hope to be able to use mains charged batteries for most of my driving, I'm only a few minutes walk from a shopping centre charger if I get stuck with low batteries and not in a rush.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Toyota never did launch the Prius Plug-In here, presumably because it would have cost around €40k and you'd want your head examined if you were willing to pay that much for one new. You could import one from the UK now for under €25k for a 2012 if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Audi will launch the A3 Sportback E-Tron later this year and Golf then following with the Golf GTE early next year.

Both PHEV and powered by 1.4TFSI with 150HP and an electric engine with around 100HP. Combined horsepower of 204HP and combined total range of 950km. Will do up to 50km on an electric charge alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I like the look of the Mitsubishi PHEV. A guy on Irish EV Owners just got one. He seems happy with his purchase. Looks more family friendly than the Audi or Golf GTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

lol at the 'rich colour selection' in the mitzi add

Advertisement