Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal / solid state fuel bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Freeman's Shop in Oylegate, Wexford have 2 bags of Stafford's Household Polish Coal for €23. That works out at €11.50 a bag, the cheapest I have seen anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

ninty wrote: »
    €2.99 BnaM bale of briquettes collected at grange hardware ,Dublin

Same price at Ganly's Athlone, Longford and Mountbellew this Saturday.

http://ganlys.ie/pdfs/Fuel_Advert.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

munster-cordal solid fuels , 029 76848, based in Boherbue i think , got 6 bags for €87 delivered (14.50 a bag), they deliver most North cork area. Columbian Coal, seems good so far to me. It was a person who had used the dairygold coal told me , but found this coal better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Ncf in Ballina sell arigna cosyglo and ecobrite for around 14.50e per 40kg bag and 7.30e per 20kg bag. Most of the local shops charge 9.90e for the 20kg bag, so I think this is quiet good.
    We opt for the low smoke/smokless due to a bit of a history with chimney fires from when we used cheaper low grade polish coal.

Why do people use briquettes, I know they are good for starting the fire but they burn so quickly I think it would work out very expensive to only burn these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I no I sound like a coal-snob, but I think the "household" coal is not worth whatever the price paid. (and the prices do seem good).

There is too much smoke, they burn too fast & we find the heat output is not as good as premium.

When its the depth of winter & the fire is going every day we found we used less of the premium per day, thus fewer bags.... thus less hauling 40kg bags up our long sloped path!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

gflann wrote: »
    I see Dairlygold have a Buy 4 get 1 free offer at the moment.
    Anyone got experience of their coal?

My parents use it all the time at home, think its great.

Also, don't be surprised if you're now in a smokeless coal area under the new regulations. Zones extend out quite a bit into the countryside.

http://www.environ.ie/en/Environment/Atmosphere/AirQuality/SmokyCoalBan/MapsofSmokyCoalBanAreas/

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

gflann wrote: »
    I see Dairlygold have a Buy 4 get 1 free offer at the moment.
    Anyone got experience of their coal?

Have ordered mine. Good quality coal. Like previous poster, believe worth buying top quality coal, rather than house coal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Stopped into buylo in Kylemore, only have 2x40kg of smokeless black diamond for €32. That or 2x20kg for €18. No other coal, they had the usual easy light stuff but not great value, the sticks were €3 a bag also..
    Think i will stop into the place in clane on the way to the family, he's supposed to have good prices going, Friday and Saturday especially, collection for those 2 days only though

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭joanas

picked up 2 40kg bags of smokeless coal on the jamestown road yesterday for €16 euro each. good stuff, doesn't throw out any crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

BNM household coal €12
    black diamond double coal €13
    black diamond coal €14
    black diamond solid fuel coal €15

which of the above represents best value for money and quality?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Got 12 bags of 40kg polish coal, 2 40kg bags of stove nuggets and 3 bags of kindle for 200 delivered from a guy in allenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Centra Rathnew co Wicklow have some Deals on for there 2nd birthday from thursday to saturday.

As you may or may not know we are celebrating our 2nd Birthday this weekend and because of this we are having a 3 day sale starting Thursday. As part of the sale we are having great special offers on fuel and these are as follows-
    40 kg premium coal is only €12 per bag
    3 bales of Bnm peat briquettes only €10.00
    3 bags of logs only €10.00
    Calor gas only €30 per bottle and fire bloc fire log 3 for €3.00
    These offers are market leading and are available while stocks last.
    We have many many more offers instore for our sale keep an eye on our Facebook page for more special offers.

http://www.facebook.com/centra.rathnew

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

vickers209 wrote: »
    Centra Rathnew co Wicklow have some Deals on for there 2nd birthday from thursday to saturday.

As you may or may not know we are celebrating our 2nd Birthday this weekend and because of this we are having a 3 day sale starting Thursday. As part of the sale we are having great special offers on fuel and these are as follows-
    40 kg premium coal is only €12 per bag
    3 bales of Bnm peat briquettes only €10.00
    3 bags of logs only €10.00
    Calor gas only €30 per bottle and fire bloc fire log 3 for €3.00
    These offers are market leading and are available while stocks last.
    We have many many more offers instore for our sale keep an eye on our Facebook page for more special offers.

http://www.facebook.com/centra.rathnew[/QUOTE]
    is the coal smokeless?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

casio4 wrote: »
    is the coal smokeless?

why do you keep bringing that up ?

when is the last time that the smokey coal police called to inspect the coal that you are burning ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

green123 wrote: »
    why do you keep bringing that up ?

when is the last time that the smokey coal police called to inspect the coal that you are burning ?

Its smokelees for a reason and people buy smokeless for good reason or 2.

Health issues being one reason alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Get 10 bales of briquettes in Apple green filling stations for €35...

That's €3.50 a bale... dunno of any cheaper in dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Armelodie wrote: »
    Get 10 bales of briquettes in Apple green filling stations for €35...

That's €3.50 a bale... dunno of any cheaper in dublin!

EEC hardware Santry (old Queensway Furniture Unit,Swords Road)
    26th -29th Oct €2.99 bale (max10 bales)

Grange hardware Baldoyle €2.99 bale no limit collected
    Not sure if this is still running so give a ring first.
    Unit 25,Baldoyle Industrial Estate Baldoyle, Dublin 13
    01 839 0193

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Cool cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

TJ O'Mahony in Ballymount last Saturday - 3 bales of BnM briquettes - €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

hey lads, any good deals in galway?

As far as i know the best place is the garage down by the docks at least for bales 3 for 9.90. the coal is cheap but not great, small and dosent burn too long. looking for good quality but cheap coal. any ideas?

looked up that homefuel links earlier and places in meath, wiclow and dublin popped up. ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭islanderre

Jimmymal,

I posted in the galway city thread about this but anyway; I got 6 bales of BnM Briquettes for €19.20 which is €3.20 each. Good price I thought.

Its the shop @ carnmore cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

Bale BNM Briquettes 2.99. Limited to ten bales per customer in EEC hardward Balbiriggan. Weekend special.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

3.29 for briquettes, 12.49 for a 40kg Bord Na Mona Coal and 3.99 for 8KG of logs in Navan and Trim, ends tomorrow

coal.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I hope people know that Lidl and Aldi sell that same bag of logs for the exact same price.http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_24290.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

I hope people know that Lidl and Aldi sell that same bag of logs for the exact same price.

The bags of logs in aldi are actually 10kg in weight for €3.99 as opposed to the bags in the photo posted above which are only 8 kg for 3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2 bags of Staffords Coal for €23 in Freemans Oylegate Co.Wexford.
    Picked up a couple & it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

Arrabawn co-op are doing 10 bales of briquettes for 30 euro until the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

how much is the 40kg coal in the hardware in dunboyne?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

Any body know off anything in longford please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

scudzilla wrote: »
    3.29 for briquettes, 12.49 for a 40kg Bord Na Mona Coal and 3.99 for 8KG of logs in Navan and Trim, ends tomorrow

got this today(offer will be extended i was told) decent heat but burns very quick,has briquette nuggets in it.

in Trim i go to A&B hire and get the €14 euro bags,good coal but sometimes very large pieces.

Advertisement