Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vw golf lock

Options
  • 15-06-2014 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have a mk4 golf van comfortline and I need to replace the hatch lock as it doesn't lock by central locking and neither by key , but I'm wondering if I get a new lock - will it work with the cars central locking ?? ( I know it won't fit the key which I don't mind ) . any help would be appreciated !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

It's the central locking module in the boot door, I fixed mine recently, it's more than likely that it's full of water from the pipe for the rear window spray wash pipe coming loose in the back door, pull off the cover on the door and you'll see it, it's a small white box with two cables and a linkage.

Pretty easy fix if you're handy with cars, I repaired my own, but if you buy one it will work with your central locking system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cathal199

Thanks ye I'll have a look at it , hopefully I can fix it .

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cathal199

I had a look at it there and it appears that the locking system is completely ceased probably from water as you said , along with the central locking module ( doesn't work) . I've tried to loosen/free it with no luck . Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Spray the whole locking mechanism with wd and then work it manually, take off the module the small hex screws loosen clockwise, you can open the module via the clips they probably will break but don't worry, after that you will know what you're looking at not a lot in it, if it's ****ed buy a new one, if it's half right clean it up and the connections, silicone it back together wait to cure and refit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

To clarify, can you shut the boot or is it bouncing when you shut it and remaining open?

I do not know the car as well as I would the Golf estate, but if your problem is the latter, you need to take the interior panelling off and take the electronic plug out of the white/cream coloured box pictured below.

You will then be able to push the black plunger down into the box and you should be able to use the key to open the hatch. Fixing the whole system to get your key fob opening the boot will be slightly more involved but if you have the problem which I think you may have, that is the fix to securing the boot. The boot will only open with your key being inserted into the lock.

That white box is can "seize" the system as it is what acts on the mechanism to pop the boot. When things go wrong from water leaks, this thing can get locked into "pop the boot mode". Taking the plug out means the thing can be retracted.

cp025696-trunk-latch-lock-actuator-vw-jetta-mk4-passat-b5-genuine-oe-3b0-959-781-c.jpg

If that isn't your problem then, ahh well. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement