Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest holiday ?

Options
  • 14-11-2013 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

HI everyone. Im just looking for some advice on how to book the cheapest holiday. I have heard if you just arrive to the airport and get on flight that is not full and are the next flight to leave that it will be a discounted.

if there is a way of getting really cheap flights to a country that isnt overly expencive is mainly what im asking.

It does have to be booked or anything i can leave when ever.

thank you in advance for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Rocking up at the airport will ensure you pay the highest price possible!

Best option for a cheap last minute holiday is to check online or with tour operators directly to see what's going in the next few days. You won't save all that much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

cheapest way of getting off the island is by checking skyscanner.ie , enter your departure airport and set "to" to anywhere.
    You can get to say brussels or some other places like that for 30 euro return.
    Only issue then is accomodation. If on a real budget you could try couchsurfing (theres websites for that) or alternatively a hostel. Hostelworld is your only man there. But good news is that the hostels make their money in the summer and are slack in winter so you can pay anything from 8 to 20euro/ night for a bed with a small peak in prices over the weekend (i.e. itll be 20euro/night rather than a tenner!)

that said, if you want cheap living then east europe cant be bet. You might pay a few euro more for the flight (90rather than 30 return) but cheaper pints and grub and accomodation would make up for that. Somehwere like posnan would be worth looking at and there others here would would know of other nice places in that part of the world which are great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭JR1210

It used to be that you could go to the airport and go on standby for a long haul flight to the likes of Thailand/USA/India, not sure if you can still do it, was very cheap. I know someone that used to do it all the time. Probably best calling the likes of Emirates and Aer Lingus to see if you can go to the airport on standby for any of their flights, they may know of some companies that still do it

Advertisement