Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portugal the Brave

Options
  • 25-09-2007 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who's been massively impressed by the team spirit and work ethic of the Portuguese (a side composed entirely of amateurs)? Just scored a lovely try against the Romanians and for my money the pick of the minnows for sheer commitment, drive and never-say-die loyalty to the shirt. A certain team in green could take a leaf from the Portuguese book methinks......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Yeah i love watching them the emotion they show during their national anthem is inspirational stuff. For a team that people were laughing at before the WC they'v really proven themselves hope they do well now after the WC

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hamo

As much as I hate saying it but Neill Francis was right regarding their capability in teh 7's series, there always there about!

Superb attitude go on Port....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Watching them play is like watching rugby from another era...check out the loose head, i didnt know you could have that body shape and play rugby at this level any more...more power to 'em, giving the fancied Romanians a right run for their money....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

That has to go down as the worst game of the tournament so far in terms of standard. Portugal were resilient but both sides weren't able to put more than a couple of phases together. The ref must have a sore arm he was signalling so many knock-ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Possibly, definitely not pretty.... love the commitment though and you cant tell me the Portuguese werent enjoying themselves immensely...

• Advertisement
Advertisement