Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Libertewhite

I was in the middle or ordering and then suddenly I came across something weird.

https://www1.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp
    I'm ordering off them.

Here is the weird thing:
    When I put in my address, it asks for my street address in one box and my house number in another box.

To be delivered to:

I have a bad feeling if I ordered, I would never see it.
    I tried putting my house number in the street box, just before the street name, but then it says I have to enter in a house number.

Another question about number:
    When it asks for a number, do you put 0035387_____ and the rest of the mobile number, or do you just put your mobile number in and ignore the +353 bit?

Dublin doesn't have Zip codes, right??

:o:eek::mad:
    (That's how stressed I am)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I put in:
    "11 Street Name"
    As Street Name then 0 as house number and IRE00 as ZIP and the adderes comes out as.

"Genghiz Cohen
    11 Street Name 0
    IRE00
    Town
    Ireland"

For the phone number, I think that's for the courier to ring you if he is having trouble finding you, so just the 087 should be fine.

Thanks for that.

I clicked on credit transfer...oh god it's all in german!! AHH!!!!

Thanks for that.

I clicked on credit transfer...oh god it's all in german!! AHH!!!!

Yeah, if you figure it out let me know, I'm waiting on an email asking if I can Paypal instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got my parts from HWVS this morning.

But the address had left out the Town and county so it was delayed in getting to me.
    So it just had:
    Estate and number,
    Location in town,
    Ireland

This happen anyone else before? I'm in Letterkenny so fair play to An Post for getting it to me.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    This happen anyone else before? I'm in Letterkenny so fair play to An Post for getting it to me.

Did Dhl not deliver the parts? Did you pay for Dhl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

DHL deliver from Germany to Ireland then An Post take over when it reaches Ireland.

What if you ordered in bulk? An Post have lost things on me before whereas Dhl have always come through.

Did you order through 'credit transfer'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

An post will deliver it to you no problem. It's very unlikely they would lose a big package or two. I've always gotten my orders delivered fairly quickly. To pay by bank transfer just go to the bank or you can do it through online banking.

An post will deliver it to you no problem. It's very unlikely they would lose a big package or two. I've always gotten my orders delivered fairly quickly. To pay by bank transfer just go to the bank or you can do it through online banking.

Perhaps you can explain these things to me if you've already done it?
    Intended purpose:
    Remittee account:

And where do you put in your order number?

• Advertisement

Perhaps you can explain these things to me if you've already done it?
    Intended purpose:
    Remittee account:

And where do you put in your order number?

Just look as these 3 pictures and they will explain it for you.

That should be stickied! Thank you!

http://youtu.be/AQ4NAZPi2js?t=12s

Don't thank me, thank deconduo. He posted it in the PC Building and Upgrading 101 thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads. Is it me or dabs is getting really not bad price wise? Plus that spring offer of: 40eu off for 599eu++ orders and free delivery?

It might be not bad choise for building too, stuff like Gpus and hdds are not bad priced, I will need to look in to the rest of the prices and maybe it could be a not bad alternative to German website, when you include those spring benefits?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Lads. Is it me or dabs is getting really not bad price wise? Plus that spring offer of: 40eu off for 599eu++ orders and free delivery?

It might be not bad choise for building too, stuff like Gpus and hdds are not bad priced, I will need to look in to the rest of the prices and maybe it could be a not bad alternative to German website, when you include those spring benefits?

My biggest problem with dabs is that some people have had really bad experiences with them and their customer service:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056218666
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056497466
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055060340
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055203563

Thats just from boards, I know a couple of people from a UK forum that have had problems with them as well, one guy even had to bring them to court to get his money back.

Now obviously most people have no problems, but I would never order from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

deconduo wrote: »
    My biggest problem with dabs is that some people have had really bad experiences with them and their customer service:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056218666
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056497466
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055060340
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055203563

Thats just from boards, I know a couple of people from a UK forum that have had problems with them as well, one guy even had to bring them to court to get his money back.

Now obviously most people have no problems, but I would never order from them.

thats is true. i am still waiting on reply from dabs.ie on that gtx 680. it looks like they dont like to go in to contact. Plus all dabs.IE and being UK company is just sneaky.
    still their prices went really not bad, and i am sure some boardsies use them, but is it worth the chance? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'm sure you could find a few threads of people with HWVS problems too. That guy that's getting hung up on, for one. You're going to get bad stories with any retailer. I will admit that Dabs' customer service isn't the greatest (largely owing to not having a damn phone number), but mostly they're grand.

I know a bunch of people in the UK who will swear to never buy from Overclockers and to always use Scan, when I'd be the exact opposite. It just depends on personal experience. People's views are always going to be coloured by it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yes but think about the number of people that have ordered from HWVS, and I've only seen 2-3 threads here complaining about them. I'm pretty sure two were solved fairly quickly as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

dabs do have a phone number

try +00448704293825 (bear in mind this is a uk number and you might be charged a fortune depending on your phone provider/package!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Hardwareversand.de

Placed an order Tuesday 4am, received confirmation E-mail + bank details at 9:10am, went to bank at 2:30pm, hardwareversand emailed me saying the packages (5 boxes totaling 50.4kg) has been handed over to DHL as of 5pm today. (Wednesday)

I'm sure most of ye don't care about this, but I thought anyone afraid to deal with HWVS would be interested. you're first order from them will take an extra day or two to get to Germany, but after that its allot faster.

using Ulster bank. they now do online transfers, but I needed to go to the bank anyway so did it manually. literally handed the teller my phone with the E-mail on it and he did the hard work of filling in the data. job done in less than 5min.

I'll update when I receive it.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Hardwareversand.de

Placed an order Tuesday 4am, received confirmation E-mail + bank details at 9:10am, went to bank at 2:30pm, hardwareversand emailed me saying the packages (5 boxes totaling 50.4kg) has been handed over to DHL as of 5pm today. (Wednesday)

I'm sure most of ye don't care about this, but I thought anyone afraid to deal with HWVS would be interested. you're first order from them will take an extra day or two to get to Germany, but after that its allot faster.

using Ulster bank. they now do online transfers, but I needed to go to the bank anyway so did it manually. literally handed the teller my phone with the E-mail on it and he did the hard work of filling in the data. job done in less than 5min.

I'll update when I receive it.
    Update as promised, the boxes arrived 5min ago.

a perfect 7 days, or rather 5 working days, which isn't too shabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Quick question about HWVS. I messed up and ordered the wrong RAM. I sent an email to auftrag@hardwareversand.de asking to change it, and got an automated reply with a ticket number, but no human response. How long am I likely to have to wait before they get back in touch about changing the order?

they're not the fastest at replying to emails, you're better off ringing them when you need quick help, but if you haven't paid for the order,I wouldn't worry. start a new order and just pay for the new one, obviously referencing the correct order in your transfer. the older wrong one will be auto cancelled after a few days.

• Advertisement

they're not the fastest at replying to emails, you're better off ringing them when you need quick help, but if you haven't paid for the order,I wouldn't worry. start a new order and just pay for the new one, obviously referencing the correct order in your transfer. the older wrong one will be auto cancelled after a few days.

Excellent, thanks. Also, the PC configurator on the site doesn't seem to have 2.5" SSDs available. Can I put together a list of parts and get a machine built without using the configurator, or am I going to have to put together myself if I want an SSD?

you can use the configuration thing then add the SSD manually at the end, and they'll build it in apparently, or save €20 and do it all yourself for a bit more fun. you also won't be afraid to take it apart later, and the satisfaction that comes with it.

there's a thread around here for people offering to help you do it for a cup of tea in almost every part of the country (limerick for me) and if you've any questions you can ask here.

you can use the configuration thing then add the SSD manually at the end, and they'll build it in apparently, or save €20 and do it all yourself for a bit more fun. you also won't be afraid to take it apart later, and the satisfaction that comes with it.

It won't let me add the build to the basket without selecting a hard drive, and already have all the mechanical drives I need.

It doesn't really matter though, as they won't ship it with the heatsink I want to use attached because of weight concerns , so I'd probably end up taking the motherboard out to get the heatsink on anyway. Looks like I'll be building it myself, thanks for the advice:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Guys, can I save money using a VAT number on HWVS, or does it only apply to Irish companies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I think you can claim it back afterwards. However, their prices ex VAT might not be as competitive as other places as I think they're only charging 13%. You might get lower ex VAT costs elsewhere like scan.co.uk.

• Advertisement

Might be worth a look. Here's my (preliminary) build from both:

Item|Price
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, Intel Z77, S 1155, DDR3, SATA III - 6Gb/s, SATA RAID, PCIe 3.0 (x16), D-Sub/ DVI-D/ HDMI, ATX|£114.92
    Corsair Carbide Series 500R White Mid Tower Gaming Case w/o PSU|£89.98
    650W PSU, XFX Pro Series Core Edition P1-650S-UKB9, 85% Eff', 80 PLUS Bronze, SLI/CrossFire, EPS 12V, Fan, ATX v2.3|£66.78
    2 x 2GB MSI Radeon HD 7850 Twin Frozr III OC, 4800MHz GDDR5, 28nm, GPU 900MHz, DL DVI/HDMI/mDP|£359.47
    Corsair H100 Hydro Series Extreme Performance CPU cooler, S775/1155/1156/1366/2011/AM2/AM3|£82.56
    Samsung SH-S222AB/BEBE 22x DVD±R, 12x DVD±R, DVD+RW x8/-RW x6, SATA, Black, OEM|£13.18
    8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 XMS3, PC3-10600 (1333), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 9-9-9-24, 1.50V|£39.36
    128GB Samsung 830 Series, SSD Basic Kit, SATA III, Read 520MB/s, Write 320MB/s|£94.94
    Razer Deathadder ReSpawn Mouse, 3500dpi 3.5G Infrared Sensor|£44.82
    Intel Core i5 3570K,1155, Ivy Bridge, Quad Core, 3.4GHz, 5 GT/s DMI, 650MHz GPU, 6MB Smart Cache, 34x Ratio, 77W, OEM|£167.94
    Shipping|£7.99
    Total|£1,083.54

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€214.42
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Sockel 1155, ATX|€129.53
    2 x MSI R7850 TwinFrozr 2GD5/OC, 2048MB DDR5, PCI-Express|€452.36
    Corsair Carbide Series 500R White, ATX, ohne Netzteil|€96.60
    Corsair Hydro Series H100 (Sockel 775/1156/1366/AM2/AM2+/AM3/FM1)|€94.89
    XFX PRO650W Core Edition Full Wired Power Supply|€76.21
    LiteOn iHAS122-18 schwarz SATA|€17.38
    8GB-Kit G.Skill Ares PC3-10667U CL9-9-9-24|€44.30
    Razer DeathAdder Re-Spawn, USB, 3500 dpi|€46.18
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box|€112.34
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€1303.20

I'd get a keyboard off Scan if I'm ordering off them. So 40 quid in the difference (£1083 = €1340), anybody know what savings I'd get off Scan with the VAT code (parents business)

CPU in Scan is the tray version, £10 cheaper.

Actually, do I just supply the Vat code and I get it ex-Vat? That would be sweet :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Guys, can I save money using a VAT number on HWVS, or does it only apply to Irish companies?

If buying from abroad you'll have to get them to remove the vat at source. So they'll sell it to you without the vat on the sale once you provide them with the Vat number.

Awesome :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭N64

Fair play to anpost. My doorbell in my house is a bit wonky (in rings when it wants to :p) the postman thought he could not hear the doorbell so he called again (knocked this time) instead of bringing it back to the depo :D From my prior experiences, anpost is better than any private courier (UPS, Fedex, etc)

In regards to pixmania, once your payment goes through, they dispatch pretty fast. I ordered this card which, for the price is pretty cheap. As you can see on that page the card looks like a reference 7850. I got a different card (sapphire 7850) . I am not complaining though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

N64 wrote: »
    In regards to pixmania, once your payment goes through, they dispatch pretty fast. I ordered this card which, for the price is pretty cheap. As you can see on that page the card looks like a reference 7850. I got a different card (sapphire 7850) . I am not complaining though :D

That happened to a friend of mine with a pair of 5770's they had pictures of a reference cooler but they ended up sending him out a pair of aftermarket hd 5770's . To me its all win :D:D:D

anyone ever buy from Aria.co.uk?

their prices arent bad, but im not sure what shipping is to Ireland. looks to be free to mainland UK..

EDIT:
    OK tried an test run there.

google checkout is not supported to Irish addresses, but if you register with them (i had to use a postcode "M12 4AS", just their example underneath tbh,) cause REP 123/REP IRE/BT1 1AA etc dont seem to work, you can use paypal to checkout.

my test run was with 2 sets of ram, a DVD drive, an SSD and a storm trooper case, and delivery is was estimated to be £9.20. happy days I though, should be a good retailer, but limited stock.

EDIT2:

Just went further into the checkout process, and ive got a delivery total of £ 53.17. at least it says next day delivery. :o

tl;dr

aria.co.uk... dont bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Heads up for anyone using BOI and HWS, I wasnt able to register HWS first bank (the Dortmund one) details on 365 online , and I had to use the second one might be worth noting if anyone has any problems with payments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭oisinmc14

Anyone know what the story is with ordering using paypal for HWS?

Seems easier then the bank transfer craic, anyone done it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

some people seem to have the option on their accounts, i dont anyways!

• Advertisement

Pixmania are a absolute joke to deal with - and I have not even sent the faulty good away yet!

I called them up and aranged the RMA. They made a mistake on the "fault described" so I called them up again and told them what was incorrect. The operator sent me a new mail containing a new returns docket (with the same mistake they made previously) and shipping label and told me to arrange for a UPS to collect the parcel.

I called UPS up and arranged a collection. They called to my door and the courier refused to take the parcel as it contained the wrong shipping label. I told him it was for pixmania and he said he has heard a few horror stories about them :o:D

I called pixmania back up and told them what the story was. The operator did not even appologize to me for the mistake they made and told me they were going to send me out a new returns label in a few hours. Its now been 6 hours since I made the call and there is no sign of it.

Lesson learned - Do not order from pixmania. No matter how cheap the good is compared to other sites - Its not worth the hastle if something goes wrong. I might file a chargeback soon if they don't get the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

N64 wrote: »
    Pixmania are a absolute joke to deal with - and I have not even sent the faulty good away yet!

I called them up and aranged the RMA. They made a mistake on the "fault described" so I called them up again and told them what was incorrect. The operator sent me a new mail containing a new returns docket (with the same mistake they made previously) and shipping label and told me to arrange for a UPS to collect the parcel.

I called UPS up and arranged a collection. They called to my door and the courier refused to take the parcel as it contained the wrong shipping label. I told him it was for pixmania and he said he has heard a few horror stories about them :o:D

I called pixmania back up and told them what the story was. The operator did not even appologize to me for the mistake they made and told me they were going to send me out a new returns label in a few hours. Its now been 6 hours since I made the call and there is no sign of it.

Lesson learned - Do not order from pixmania. No matter how cheap the good is compared to other sites - Its not worth the hastle if something goes wrong. I might file a chargeback soon if they don't get the ball rolling.

Take a dump in the box and send it back to them.

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Take a dump in the box and send it back to them.

LOL :D

I might consider doing it if I get nowhere with them :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

anyone looking to buy id reccommend amazon
    I initially thought HWS would be best but when you factor in shipping and the converted price it actually turned out to be cheaper in my case. Also much easier and their returns policy is top class in my opinion

only thing that I dont like is that there is a higher chance for error as they deal in such large numbers and there range is a bit all over the place but then again i thought HWS was as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I made a bank transfer to HWVS using AIB online banking Tuesday evening. Pretty straighforward. Don't have any knowledge of other banks internet services though.

lol just checked my e-mail now.

Earlier this afternoon I ordered a PC monitor from the pixmania site, through one of their associated retailers, PC Look.

Just received an e-mail now saying :

Dear customer,

We thank you for your order CCL1325697734.
    Unfortunatly we will not be able to fulfill this order.
    Therefore we canceled it and asked Pixmania support to issue a full refund.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Service Client
    Open Light S.A.R.L.

Currently trying to order same item from pixmania themselves, slightly more expensive. Now it doesn't accept the €7 summer discount code as I already used it on the cancelled order, and it's adding some warranty called 'zen affinity' for €31 which I can't seem to remove before paying.

Guess I'll have to look somewhere else. :mad:

again don't bother ordering from pixmania. Try the likes of amazon, which actually value their customers.

Still no sign of the return label they were going to send out

Do you guys think I have grounds to issue a chargeback if I don't receive any correspondence by lets say, Friday?

I also must have spent a small fortune calling them up. 35C per minute according to the prices given on the site :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Currently trying to order same item from pixmania themselves, slightly more expensive. Now it doesn't accept the €7 summer discount code as I already used it on the cancelled order, and it's adding some warranty called 'zen affinity' for €31 which I can't seem to remove before paying.

Guess I'll have to look somewhere else. :mad:

When your at the checkout screen you can remove that zen crap. On the left hand side where it shows the pic of the product there is a link.

Actually a picture says 1000 words...
    pix-zen.jpg

• Advertisement

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    When your at the checkout screen you can remove that zen crap. On the left hand side where it shows the pic of the product there is a link.

Actually a picture says 1000 words...
    pix-zen.jpg

Yeah, I went back last night and found way to remove it, then decided to take N64's advice & ordered from amazon instead.:D Only about €10 more expensive after currency conversion.

As far as I remember, pixmania charge against your cc 4 days after placing an order, so I'm hoping no charge will appear from them at all on my cc bill & save me the hassle of getting refunded.

Advertisement