Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT, change of name and test centre

Options
  • 26-04-2008 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, perhaps someone who works in NCT can help me on this one! If they happen to be online, or if anyone has had to do this before....

On the online booking system on ncts.ie, I entered my (just bought) car reg number and date of registration and it came up with the previous owner details. 95D*****, date of reg in UK is 5th August 1995, owner is MR *******, testing in Northpoint/Ballymun 1.

I am the new owner now, and have just received my new registration cert. If I want to test in a different centre does this mean that I have to register again in this centre, under my name? I know I had to do this when I imported my other car, but because this one has already been registered in Ireland, I'm not sure if I have to. Ive emailed them so might get an answer next week, but we were hoping to get the nct before killarney may bank holiday, and were going to go to test centre tomorrow to register if we need to.

any help appreciated thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

it doesn't matter who will be the one to drive the car to the center as long as they can provide the registration card

give them a ring on monday, but i don't think they can squeeze you in next week, may be worth going to the nearest nct centre and talking to them
    campervan wrote: »
    Hi, perhaps someone who works in NCT can help me on this one! If they happen to be online, or if anyone has had to do this before....

On the online booking system on ncts.ie, I entered my (just bought) car reg number and date of registration and it came up with the previous owner details. 95D*****, date of reg in UK is 5th August 1995, owner is MR *******, testing in Northpoint/Ballymun 1.

I am the new owner now, and have just received my new registration cert. If I want to test in a different centre does this mean that I have to register again in this centre, under my name? I know I had to do this when I imported my other car, but because this one has already been registered in Ireland, I'm not sure if I have to. Ive emailed them so might get an answer next week, but we were hoping to get the nct before killarney may bank holiday, and were going to go to test centre tomorrow to register if we need to.

any help appreciated thanks!

Advertisement