Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handle

• 27-07-2010 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Mobile phones can harbour 18 times more living bacteria than the handle on a men's toilet, according to research for consumer group Which?

A hygiene expert who swabbed and analysed 30 handsets for the study found seven had warning or high levels of environmental bacteria.

One harboured levels of bacteria, including faecal coliforms, high enough to give its user a serious stomach upset

This is a very serious problem and must be caused because of so much sh*t talk, I just hope they can get to the bottom of all this. :p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1298057/Mobile-phones-18-times-bacteria-toilet-handle.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Mobile phones can harbour 18 times more living bacteria than the handle on a men's toilet, according to research for consumer group Which?

A hygiene expert who swabbed and analysed 30 handsets for the study found seven had warning or high levels of environmental bacteria.

One harboured levels of bacteria, including faecal coliforms, high enough to give its user a serious stomach upset

This is a very serious problem, must be because of so much sh*t talk, I just hope they can get to the bottom of all this. :p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1298057/Mobile-phones-18-times-bacteria-toilet-handle.html

I'll get your coat.

But yeah, I'm not all that shocked really, phones are always in peoples pockets, dashboard, floor, couch, and depending on the person a few other places.

And who knows what else has been in/on these other places.

Shockin to see its 18 times worse though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I occasionally wipe my handset down with alcohol swabs. This article makes me relieved that I do this:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I find that a hygenic wipe will normally solve such an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I have a pound of bacteria in my intestine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Ahh, the misuse of phones since they added the vibrating feature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Ill wash but i'll never be clean....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I'll get your coat.

But yeah, I'm not all that shocked really, phones are always in peoples pockets, dashboard, floor, couch, and depending on the person a few other places.

Not to mention ears mouth and face in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If there's no toilet paper in the jacks, I usually wipe my arse with my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Just as well I don't put them in my mouth so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Surely any radiation from mobile phone transmissions would sterilize any bacteria. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Well I would imagine that most people dont sh1t on the handle ?

Why does it specify a "mens" toilet though. Does the sh1t have less bacteria when it drops out of a female @r$€; ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Jacks is probably one of the cleanest places in a house (in a decent house anyway) It's all enamel and bleach and wimmins have to have it shiny = clean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Why does it specify a "mens" toilet though. Does the sh1t have less bacteria when it drops out of a female @r$€; ?

My thoughts exacyly, also lets not forget women doing the vertical splits and pi$sing period blood all over the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Bacteria is healthy,over cleaning is not.Money on the other hand ewwww.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Woman don't shít. Duh!
    My thoughts exacyly, also lets not forget women doing the vertical splits and pi$sing period blood all over the shop.

:eek:
    Ah yeah, that's exactly what we do.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Maybe you should learn something about female anatomy? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

You know what i honestly couldn't give two ****es! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

You know what i honestly couldn't give two ****es! :rolleyes:

You just need more fibre in your diet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

This is a very serious problem and must be caused because of so much sh*t talk, I just hope they can get to the bottom of all this. :p

But I thought the super nasty evil radiation that mobile phones gave off that you were talking about in the other thread would have killed all that bacteria anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

and there is about the same amount of bacteria on your TOOTHBRUSH than there is on the toilet seat [or worse]. mmmm choc..late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Serious business.
    I got the AIDS from my phone.

Feckin' viruses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

More bacteria, yes. Difference is the type of bacteria.

Terry you'll be grand, you can only catch it once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Woman don't shít. Duh!

Explains why they're full of it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

US Homeland security were on amber alert the first 2 weeks of July coincinding with Ashley Coles visit.....he had his phone with him.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

X has more potentially harmful bacteria than Y. Be afraid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Strange Loop

US Homeland security were on amber alert the first 2 weeks of July coincinding with Ashley Coles visit.....he had his phone with him.......

Any chance of putting that video with subtitles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I don’t lick either my mobile phone or the toilet bowel so I should be fine but thanks for you’re concern.:rolleyes:

Advertisement