Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facial Abnormalities

• 05-09-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

I hope this isn't just me but I find myself staring at a person's facial abnormality when talking to him/her. And it doesn't have to be something very severe or very noticable, just like a mole, boil, spot, wart, etc on someones face tends to draw my attention when talking to them up close.
    Please tell me I'm not the only one. Always seems to remind me of Austin Powers, "moley moley moley"!

I remember when I was on the bus the other day there was this old women who sat beside me with huge warts all over her face and the thickest white moustache i have ever seen! Lets just say it was difficult not to stare. I notice that a lot of eldery women have this, i mean did they have those warts all their lives or did it just magically appear when they hit 65 and got their pension?

Also I remember this girl from the Gaeltacht who had what looked like a rice krispie on her eyelid, we never mentioned it but everyone seemed to concentrate on it while talking to her. I know that there is exceptions such as Robert DeNiro and Christian Bale who seem to pull it off.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

That's rude, you should really stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Rayven199

:D I do the same! Cant help it! The rice crispie one seems to be common enough!

I had a friend in school who looked like she had a burnt rice crispie on her chin, when talking to her that was what i focused on, couldnt help myself!

Kinda funny though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ozzyoh wrote: »
    That's rude, you should really stop.

So what facial abnormalties do you have?

ClioV6 wrote: »
    So what facial abnormalties do you have?

Lol! I think I'm reasonably normal in that dept...

Anyhoo, that post wasn't intended to be taken seriously, I do it all the time myself...well actually I TRY not to do it, so then I'm trying to look anywhere except at the "offending item" and then it becomes pretty obvious that I'm trying not to stare, so they KNOW...:eek:

And if I do look at the person, my eyes will wander to the said "offending item" anyhoo, SO THEY KNOW. :eek: So really....it's a no-win situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

You should satisfy your curiosity by poking the offending abnormality. A reasonable person will understand and you can both carry on with your lives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

Aodan83 wrote: »
    You should satisfy your curiosity by poking the offending abnormality. A reasonable person will understand and you can both carry on with your lives.

why would you touch it?! thats just nasty, and with no results!. my recommendation; go upto them with a stanley knife and just say; "okay, this has been bothering me for a while, itl only take two seconds"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Maybe it's caused by some idiot turning on the Hydron Collider?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Rayven199

Aodan83 wrote: »

Brilliant! That would solve alot of awkwardness I think,good plan!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I have quite a few moles. They are not raised though. I have a line of them that runs from my ear, down my jaw, to my chin. The don't really stand out and are currently hidden by my beard anyways.

In school ( seconday ) in first year one of the year bullies used to take great joy in poking fun at them and me in general. Various humourous names were thrown about. I left it go at the time, i had some trouble in primary school and promised various people i would behave in my new school with these new people.

Anyways, after about 4 months of trying to be nice and biting my tongue the guy eventually made the mistake of jabbing his finger into my face.

So i nutted him square in the nose, resulting in a small facial abnormality for him.

In short, don't touch. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There used to be a girl who came into my workplace all the time who was completely crosseyed.I mean her eyes used to meet in the middle.
    The issue wasnt whether or not to stare it was what to look at when you were talking to her.Eventually we decided to concentrate on the tip of her nose and that seemed to do the trick.

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    There used to be a girl who came into my workplace all the time who was completely crosseyed.I mean her eyes used to meet in the middle.
    The issue wasnt whether or not to stare it was what to look at when you were talking to her.Eventually we decided to concentrate on the tip of her nose and that seemed to do the trick.

Oh no! There's a guy at my local cinema who does that, and I always end up getting served by him! I didn't realise he was cross eyed at first, so I thought he was being really rude one day when he asked "how can I help you?" and he appeared to be looking at the person behind me. I was like, "I'm right HERE!" Ooops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Thus rendering you cross-eyed also. Good man, expressing solidarity and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Dragan wrote: »
    I have quite a few moles. They are not raised though. I have a line of them that runs from my ear, down my jaw, to my chin. The don't really stand out and are currently hidden by my beard anyways.

In school ( seconday ) in first year one of the year bullies used to take great joy in poking fun at them and me in general. Various humourous names were thrown about. I left it go at the time, i had some trouble in primary school and promised various people i would behave in my new school with these new people.

Anyways, after about 4 months of trying to be nice and biting my tongue the guy eventually made the mistake of jabbing his finger into my face.

So i nutted him square in the nose, resulting in a small facial abnormality for him.

In short, don't touch. ;)

I had a small bump under my nose due to blood clotting, it was not very noticable but I got it removed a few years ago, very simple procedure, they just burnt it off, took a total of 2 minutes and then its gone for life. I dont understand why people dont just do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I had a small bump under my noes due to blood clotting, it was not very noticable but I got it removed a few years ago, very simple procedure, they just burnt it off, took a total of 2 minutes and then its gone for life. I dont understand why people dont just do that

Cause they save a fortune in foam-latex at Halloween over the course of their lifetime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I do that all the time. It's fun talking to a boss-eyed person. Is he looking over here, is he looking directly at me. Can he see two versions of reality split down the middle. Oh, I don't know!

Can't help it. Tis human nature to be curious. Not polite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Summerjones

:confused:
    I know that there is exceptions such as Robert DeNiro and Christian Bale who seem to pull it off.

What's wrong with Christian Bale's face??
    :confused: Apart from being abnormally perfect?

Ok, I'm a dude and I wholeheartedly agree with this post! Bale da man. Not afraid to admit that. Even if he does like beating his mother and sister as a result of their imperfect facial abnormalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I had a small bump under my nose due to blood clotting, it was not very noticable but I got it removed a few years ago, very simple procedure, they just burnt it off, took a total of 2 minutes and then its gone for life. I dont understand why people dont just do that

Well the fact that my own moles would be under the skin, not raised and breaking it, would mean a more invasive and expensive procedure.

Also, some small facial scaring and i am just too pretty for that.

Besides, i don't care about them one way or another, ladies seem to think they give me character or something.

It's just people touching me without my consent the gets my goat. :pac:

He has a small growth near his eye on the bridge if his nose, but i agree with his perfection, that hunky Christian Bale can gargle my balls any day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

• Advertisement

I had a small bump under my noes due to blood clotting, it was not very noticable but I got it removed a few years ago, very simple procedure, they just burnt it off, took a total of 2 minutes and then its gone for life. I dont understand why people dont just do that

I don't understand why anyone would focus on such a tiny imperfection.
    I like the differences that make a person an individual.
    Moles, scars etc are hot on sexy people.

eoin_s wrote: »

Anyone remember seeing the vid of this guy getting p!ssed off about people commenting on his posts with just "moley moley moley"?

http://www.youtube.com/user/RayTheFox

Seems to have taken the vid down. Aw.

(PS: I'm not a subscriber, he's a pain in the ar$e)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

There is a guy who drinks occasionally in my local and he thinks he is Nick f*cking Cave or something. Thing is, he has a big mole on his cheek the size of an old 1 punt coin. Terrible looking thing altogether. Don't understand why he hasn't had the damn thing removed tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

When the aul secretary got a new delf it was a bastard not to look. Big fukin things like a bloody horse for christ sake and she spitting and everything when she talked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Ya i only noticed that during the last movie but it pales in oblivion when compared to his otherwise godlike appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

iv a massive black eye at the moment. i had to go into work yesterday and it was annoying having everyone ask what had happened:(

however it was funny when i went to serve the customers and seeing their reactions especially as i was so polite to them which shocked them more.:D

whats the name of the lead singer of Motorhead? just remembered seeing a photo of him in a magazine, the size of those warts!

I think I should revive this topic, i dont know why it got so little feedback from people, was it not interesting? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

whats the name of the lead singer of Motorhead? just remembered seeing a photo of him in a magazine, the size of those warts!

Lemmy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's rude to treat people with afflictions differently. You should have just stared at her tits like you would any normal girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭boarduser1980

LOl isnt it great to be an oil painting:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I hope this isn't just me but I find myself staring at a person's facial abnormality when talking to him/her. And it doesn't have to be something very severe or very noticable, just like a mole, boil, spot, wart, etc on someones face tends to draw my attention when talking to them up close.
    Please tell me I'm not the only one. Always seems to remind me of Austin Powers, "moley moley moley"!

I remember when I was on the bus the other day there was this old women who sat beside me with huge warts all over her face and the thickest white moustache i have ever seen! Lets just say it was difficult not to stare. I notice that a lot of eldery women have this, i mean did they have those warts all their lives or did it just magically appear when they hit 65 and got their pension?

Also I remember this girl from the Gaeltacht who had what looked like a rice krispie on her eyelid, we never mentioned it but everyone seemed to concentrate on it while talking to her. I know that there is exceptions such as Robert DeNiro and Christian Bale who seem to pull it off.

You'd think a fella with fake arms would be more accepting of flaws.

Draupnir wrote: »
    You'd think a fella with fake arms would be more accepting of flaws.

well i guess im lucky that I dont have arms on my face cause then it would fit into the topic of facial abnormalities.. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I wouldn't mind having a mole. Anything to distract people from the fact that I'm ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Not to sound condescending, but you get over this as you get older.

iv a massive black eye at the moment. i had to go into work yesterday and it was annoying having everyone ask what had happened:(

however it was funny when i went to serve the customers and seeing their reactions especially as i was so polite to them which shocked them more.:D
    Ha.
    I've a cut at the top of my forehead and the middle of my fingers are also cut. It looks like I was in a fight too.
    What actually happened was I was scraping old tile adhesive off a wall (and scraped my hands off the rough wall), then I stood up and hit my head off the corner of a shelf.
    This is why I no longer work in the tiling trade. I'm far too clumsy. :)

I wouldn't mind having a mole. Anything to distract people from the fact that I'm ugly.

Are you female?
    If so, I'd probably do you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Dun laoire wrote: »
    When the aul secretary got a new delf it was a bastard not to look. Big fukin things like a bloody horse for christ sake and she spitting and everything when she talked.

What's a delf?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Terry wrote: »
    Are you female?
    If so, I'd probably do you.

Slut. And no, I'm not female. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

There used to be this crosseyed guy working in the chipper beside the nightclub in a village near my home town. It was impossible to get served in there, because every time he asked you 'were you alright' you thought he was asking the person next to you.

Everybody just roared at him and hoped for the best.

"Here's a quarter....why dontcha go downtown and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face"

<3 Uncle Buck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭thebullkf

What's a delf?! :confused:

tooth...teeth;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement