Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bullet Proof Granny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Hah, class, I wonder if it's still bugged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I've got a bullet proof and armourplated to level 6 BMW 325, handy for some occasions and fast enough too considering all the extra weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

NATO B6 level will defeat non armour piercing rounds from AK 47, FN FAL 7.62 etc, "glass" panels should be 38mm thick. Armour piercing B7 protection is 72mm.

5.56 and MP7 rounds may defeat standard B6 armour... long story.

Granny estate was probably chosen because the armourers could use a steel plate behind the rear seats, cheep & cheerful - the glass is expensive. Still leaves the boot vunerable to arson attack though...

I'll bet the door hinges are f*cked, the suspension is soggy, the windows don't open, lack of AC means a pig in summer etc etc.

Trophy value only.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Great 'sound system' though.

Interesting graphic on the rear door.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

junkyard wrote: »
    I've got a bullet proof and armourplated to level 6 BMW 325, handy for some occasions

I wouldn't let anything else parked outside the Commodore....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭quattro777

That will be driving around Moyross next week......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

quattro777 wrote: »
    That will be driving around Moyross next week......

Ha! Ya, since the CAB took their bullet proof Range rovers off them:D

Advertisement