Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Freestanding Dashboard speakers ?

Options
  • 25-04-2008 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Is it possible to get freestanding dashbaord car speakers ?

I have a motorhome and the speakers in it aren't the best but the radio can power 2 more speakers.

I don't want to have to start drilling/cutting the dashboard to install speakers, so I'm wondering if it's possible to get "freestanding" speakers that I could easily put on the dash (and secure there with sticky pads or something similar) ?

I've looked on eBay but I can't really find any - maybe I'm using the wrong search terms - have they a special name ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

That's a big Safety no-no. The last thing I'd want in an accident of to have a pair of speakers bouncing about the cab.

If you want to improve the sound quality, replace the existing speaker s instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

2 Espressi wrote: »
    That's a big Safety no-no. The last thing I'd want in an accident of to have a pair of speakers bouncing about the cab.

If you want to improve the sound quality, replace the existing speaker s instead.

+1

Or mount some decent speakers in the back of the cab, then you'd have sound in the whole motor home and not just the cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I'm wondering if it's possible to get "freestanding" speakers that I could easily put on the dash (and secure there with sticky pads or something similar) ?
    Oh. My. God. :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Freestanding speakers are cheap skate rubbish and a safety issue. Once you turn up the volume they hop all over the place, apart from that you will trip over them. If you install a decent sound system in your camper it won’t lose any value but on the other hand if you cut holes and fit a crap system such as something from Aldi or Lidl the value of your camper will seriously depreciate.

Advertisement