Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new sky app

Options
  • 06-02-2013 12:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, not sure if you know new Sky app on Android, :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

What an amazingly informative thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It's not a new app. They've just updated the Sky+ app so that it has similar functionality to the iOS app, i.e. can be used to check the EPG and set programs to record and most importantly so that you can use your compatible android device as a sky remote control. You need to have your box set up and connected to the internet via Ethernet cable, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I searched for 'sky' and couldn't find it, you need to search for 'sky+'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Mine connected to my box once, now the app just force closes when I try to open it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Probably best separate the problems people are having with the app from the main Android apps thread. A few of us are having issues with having the app not discovering a box on the same network. I've tried everything that I can see with no luck so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Working flawlessly for me guys.

Prob no relevance, but my HD box is connected to Sky bb hub.

Excellent I might add, pausing eastenders/Corrie etc from the jacks, while the wife is watching in the sitting room will take an eternity to grow tiresome lol!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

The updated app has some info on connection issues, your box should be on the updated version.....the new HD menu means you are.
    I unplugged my router from sky box and reconnected it, works perfect.

Did you have problems before disconnecting? I've tried everything, I can't ping the box but I can ping any other device connected on my router. I originally thought it may be an issue in which Wi-Fi connected devices couldn't see those connected via Ethernet but I hooked up a machine directly and had the same issue.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Did you have problems before disconnecting? I've tried everything, I can't ping the box but I can ping any other device connected on my router. I originally thought it may be an issue in which Wi-Fi connected devices couldn't see those connected via Ethernet but I hooked up a machine directly and had the same issue.

Does your sky box have the latest firmware? Go into help and set up on the app, it has more info.

Yes, everything has been done that can be in terms of what sky suggest. There's plenty of people with the same issue so there's something up somewhere.

• Advertisement

I had a connection issue at the start, I just disconnected the sky box from the Ethernet connection and reconnected, then it worked....:o

I'll grasp any straw, which end did you disconnect, the cable from the sky box, or leave the cable in the sky box and just disconnect the modem end? I've tried the latter.

I'll grasp any straw, which end did you disconnect, the cable from the sky box, or leave the cable in the sky box and just disconnect the modem end? I've tried the latter.

Left the cable in sky box, just disconnected from router, have you got the updated sky anytime on your HD box? Can you connect to this? Maybe do what sky always say, turn it off unplug the power for 10mins, then turn back on....

Nah, none of those are the issue, it was off overnight, disconnected the same way, on demand and remote record all work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I've just installed it and tried the "remote" features. It's like bloody witchcraft.

Who do you guys use for your broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'm with Smart Telecom.

Vodafone...maybe its a setting in the router

Yeah, I'm thinking it may be a router thing.

Anyone get it to work on a UPC router?

Maybe set router firewall to low or off...to check

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Yeah, I'm thinking it may be a router thing.

Anyone get it to work on a UPC router?

I have sky BB and a sky router and its not working for me.

What tablets have you guys got, I've got a XOOM on ics

Galaxy S Gingerbread and Nexus 7 Jelly Bean

Advertisement