Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you like to play a game? :)

• 09-01-2013 2:11pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello!

I hope you can help me and have some fun in the process!

I'm looking for testers for a game we are almost about to release. Its quite polished so we are just looking for people to play it and tell us how they got on!

The game is a 3d escape game, a bit like Temple Run but with an "end" and with designed track. It needs a half decent phone/tablet to run it but try it and see.

There's even a high score competition!

So its very easy to install. We use Dropbox to give you the file.

(If you dont have Dropbox installed on your device you really really should. Its the most awesomest app ever for file transfer and will brighten your life. And cure cancer. Really, its *that* cool. You can sign up here: http://db.tt/VTxBZStK and then download the dropbox app on your device. Simples!)

To install the game, go to this drop box link through your phone/tablet. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q50lqcv33kvicfg/UT5.apk

(you may need to go to Settings -> Security -> Allow non-Marketplace Apps)

Any questions/problems, post below and we'll help as much as we can!

How To Play:
    1. Tap either side of the car to make it move one lane that way.
    2. Swipe across the car to make it jump to the far side of the track.
    3. Yellow pads make you speed up, blue slow you down.
    4. Powercells need collecting. Dont they always??
    5. Fire makes you slow to minimum speed.
    6. Speed too long at the slowest speed and the helicopter will getcha :)

The tutorial is a good place to start

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just done the tutorial and had a quick go, very very nice polished looking game however one thing I've noticed that is quite annoying is that it doesn't hold a wake lock to keep the screen turned on. So on various occasions my screen goes blank during the game and I have to unlock my screen to start playing the game again.

Device is a Samsung Galaxy S II on Android 4.0.3

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wuuut? You are tapping to drive and it goes to sleep? I'm confused. Glad you like it though, we have a lot more polish to go too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Wont install for me. Galaxy Y on android. Cheapo phone but should at least install shouldnt it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye it says "App not installed" on my phone too. Not sure why.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If its not installing have you check the Settings -> Security -> Allow Non-Marketplace Apps.... that allows you to install apps you DIDNT get through Googles PlayStore.... see if that helps. Let me know and we'll figure it out!

• Advertisement

Just installed it on my Nexus 7 and have some feedback.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but getting it to swipe one lane at a time consistently is very very hard. It either doesn't move any lanes at all or it jumps from one side of the road to the other. I find it difficult to get it to the middle lane. Not sure if this is a consequence of the larger 7 inch screen I'm playing on.

I'd like to see what the game would be like as a tilt to turn sort of game instead of swipe to move left and right. I think that could be pretty nice.

Other than that, the graphics look great and it runs perfectly on my Nexus.
    Reminds me of that old PlayStation game "Wipeout".

Is there anything you'd like us to look out for in particular?

DeVore wrote: »
    If its not installing have you check the Settings -> Security -> Allow Non-Marketplace Apps.... that allows you to install apps you DIDNT get through Googles PlayStore.... see if that helps. Let me know and we'll figure it out!

Have that checked. It goes about installing it, and the progress bar comes up with "installing" showing. Then after about 10 seconds it just says "App not installed".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Nice. Can see myself wasting a few hours on this. Just noticed a little bit of lag on the menu transitions. Using Galaxy S3 with JellyBean 4.1

thanks
    Stephen

Have that checked. It goes about installing it, and the progress bar comes up with "installing" showing. Then after about 10 seconds it just says "App not installed".

Maybe you don't have enough internal space for it?

Just a quick point... you tap either side of the car to make it change a single lane.

(You can do a big swipe to make it change all the way to to the other side of the road...)

• Advertisement

Maybe you don't have enough internal space for it?

Will it not just install onto the SD card where it is ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Wuuut? You are tapping to drive and it goes to sleep? I'm confused. Glad you like it though, we have a lot more polish to go too!

Nope, my screen time out is 15 seconds, at some stages during the tutorial I went that long without tapping the screen, it also means I can't watch the intro without the screen going blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

All nice. Some one mentioned a bit of lag with transitions. I can see that.

Could you bring an option to swipe left to right. Idk just used to swiping left and right. Tapping to go left and right is weird.

Just had a crash there. Had fallen down a hole then it went to show my score, it couldn't quite load up fully, looked like it was trying to complete the loading animation multiple times then just exited to Android home screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Just had a very quick play there, very nice indeed. I did notice a bit of the lag the others mentioned.

Also, when hitting the twitter follow button in the store it takes me here
    www.ravenproduktion.se/?lang=en

Can see me playing this a bit definitely.

Installed on a Galaxy s3 running stock 4.1.2

Will stick it on the Asus transformer later and have a play.

We did have that option but in the split second timings of the game as it gets harder, its just isnt crisp and sharp enough. (we've pulled out hair out on that one... even trying to have both, which was a mess).

We suggest holding the phone in two hands and using thumbs. It stops being weird pretty quickly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

We did have that option but in the split second timings of the game as it gets harder, its just isnt crisp and sharp enough. (we've pulled out hair out on that one... even trying to have both, which was a mess).

We suggest holding the phone in two hands and using thumbs. It stops being weird pretty quickly :)

How about having an option in the settings. I have an Xbox for playing serious games, don't really care about split seconds. Just looking to enjoy it as much as possible

Anyway best of luck with it. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 simonktng

Love it! A whole lot of fun. I'm on Nexus 7, no issues to report so far

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Works fine on my Huawei Ascend G300. I wasn't even expecting it to load :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

How about having an option in the settings. I have an Xbox for playing serious games, don't really care about split seconds. Just looking to enjoy it as much as possible

Anyway best of luck with it. :-)
    He means further on in the game it requires pretty split second changes, lane changes jumps swipes etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

A QR Code to the apk might be handy in the op.

Decent game, looks well. I'm not longing to pass the first level or better where I got to though but then again I'm not much of a gamer really.

Well made and I didn't find any issues with it. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Runs perfect. Bit simple for my taste but then I didn't get much enjoyment out of temple run either. The music fits really well.

Nexus 4. 4.2.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Downloaded it a little while ago and really enjoying it so far.

The one thing id say is that I've been having problems when attempting to Swipe up over the jumps. Sometimes it doesn't seem to register and I crash. More of a mild annoyance than anything.

Playing on a Galaxy S3 on Android 4.1.2.

Thanks, we're trying to see if we have an issue with the code, or if some people's devices are just acting up individually!

If anyone is having issues PLEASE let us know what you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

getting a parsing error but i'll investigate more when i get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

S3 with stock 4.1.2
    Just played through the tutorial.
    Looks fine.
    Thought the tutorial text disappeared quite quickly though.
    Also, when playing with two hands, the special powerups were hidden, as were the arrows(from the tutorial pointing to them). Maybe if arrow started at the hover car to draw attention all the way to the bottom corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Just installed it and had a go - framerate stutters a bit occasionally on a Samsung Galaxy S running Android 4.0.4. I should also say that the game looks good, pretty fun to play too ;)

Also - is there any reason why the app needs location (GPS/network) information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Setun wrote: »
    Also - is there any reason why the app needs location (GPS/network) information?

Yep, there's national and world leader boards under 'Stats' so we use location to get country

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

It plays fine on my touchpad running Android 4.0.4, it gets a bit manic!! bloody holes in the road.

Looks nice & sounds great with headphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭wench

Sonics2k wrote: »
    The one thing id say is that I've been having problems when attempting to Swipe up over the jumps. Sometimes it doesn't seem to register and I crash. More of a mild annoyance than anything.
    I'm getting this too, and occasional stutters/pauses.
    Asus transformer Infinity, running 4.1.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Installed it on my HTC One S with 4.1.1 and seems to work quite well.
    Haven't got to far in the game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galaxy Note, jelly bean 4.1.1
    Gave it a quick whirl. Looks smooth and no obvious issues so far.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Nexus 10, JB 4.2.1 works ok. At times seems slightly unresponsive which has led to me falling down a lot of holes in the road. It could just be due to me being crap at the game though. Tapping instead of swiping is slightly counter intuitive at first, but not a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Downloaded this onto the Note 2. Very addictive game, just like Temple Run! Only drama I'm having is that sometimes, it can be a little unresponsive when tapping left or right. No issues other than that. :) Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

Game wont load on galaxy 10.1 tab

• Advertisement

can you describe what happens? does it install and the stop during the green loading bar? crash? or not install at all?

I'll run a test on Galaxy 10.1 tab... is there any specific model number/name?

T.

can you describe what happens? does it install and the stop during the green loading bar? crash? or not install at all?

I'll run a test on Galaxy 10.1 tab... is there any specific model number/name?

T.
    When i click the link in dropbox,nothing happens at all.simply wont install.
    No specific model as both galaxy 10.1 tabs are essently the same,the newer one is basically a facelift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Super hoop wrote: »
    When i click the link in dropbox,nothing happens at all.simply wont install.
    No specific model as both galaxy 10.1 tabs are essently the same,the newer one is basically a facelift.
    Are you using the mobile version of boards by any chance? I had the same issue until I switched to the desktop version.

Lardy wrote: »
    Are you using the mobile version of boards by any chance? I had the same issue until I switched to the desktop version.
    I am actually.will try on the desktop version

Lardy wrote: »
    Bingo.works now :-):-)
    Cheers lardy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

installs and loads quickly.

2 min tutorial easily explains how to play

is fun to play but I felt the transition from Lane to lane could be a bit smoother.

Will install on my note 10.1 later to test it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I installed on my Note 10.1(android 4.1.1) and works perfectly.
    The swipe to jump could be tweaked a bit(keep missing jumps) or even a button since it's touch to move anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

No issues here either Note 2 Android 4.1.2. I have the same issue with swiping forward over jumps not registering, but I think it is due to me not being fast enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Congrats on the game, lots of fun I've really enjoyed it. Installed on my S3 and Asus Infinity tablet and think I actually prefer it on my tablet - easier to see whats ahead :)
    I can definitely see myself going back to it for those lazy sat/sun mornings in bed!

I think I may have found a bug. If you pause while in the middle of a run and select "new game", allow it to automatically select your power ups, then click start. You will not have any of the power ups it selected but I think you lose the gold coin value.

Best of luck with your launch and future endeavours!

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

Had a quick go, seems a fun game.

Good graphics, catchy music, only 36mb too which is good.

Would be good to have an option for landscape mode though.

Asus Nexus 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

There's a lot of feedback about jumping so I've created a poll over on the Gone Gaming forum to zero in on what most players prefer controls to be. We'd really appreciate it if you could add your 2c...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056853691

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I had to uninstall it from my phone as it crashed every time I tried to start it. I can't remember if there is an actual app icon but in my app list there was just the standard android icon. At the same time, my book reader (mantano) stopped working in the exact same way so I'm guessing it was an issue with my phone or SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PMurph51

Nice work. Plays well on the Galaxy Note 10.1 running JB 4.1.1. I haven't come across any issues yet.

BTW Not sure why I never used Dropbox before. Thanks for the recomendation.

Saw a post earlier that requested a qr code. Here ya go.
    236225.png

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0

Good work impressed
    few issues i noticed
    During install 'progress bar' graphic doesnt look good.
    Swipe action to jump not consistant sometimes dosen't jump (or maybe thats just me not sure)
    Cant buy a stack of coins from the store (buttons are dead) but the go pro link/button works fine.

Out of interest what technology/tools do you use to develop the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Nice polished temple run clone. Works well and I encountered no issues.

Only thing I would suggest is that the user should be prompted to turn off all sound at start-up or at least have an easy to access mute function. Presently audio is split between two (FX & music) sliders in the settings, which is not very user friendly if you're in a public place, without headphones, and want to play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement