Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help restoring HTC One X

Options
  • 09-07-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    I tried installing a custom ROM onto my One X and it worked, however I want to restore to my original ROM but it keeps rebooting when the 3 logo appears.
    I wiped the custom rom, cleared cache and cleared dalvik cache. Then restored to my original ROM, but as I said it keeps rebooting.
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Did you reinstall a stock kernel before you reinstalled the stock rom? (Although that might actually be in the backup, I'm not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I did not griffdaddy.
    I done the steps as in op. I also ran fastboot clear cache from cmd and then went back to phone, uninstalled current ROM, cleared cache, cleared dalvik cache, and then restored to my original ROM but it just keeps rebooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I did something similar the other day. The thread is here if it's of any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I did not griffdaddy.
    I done the steps as in op. I also ran fastboot clear cache from cmd and then went back to phone, uninstalled current ROM, cleared cache, cleared dalvik cache, and then restored to my original ROM but it just keeps rebooting.

You need to clear system too (that's where the system files are stored - they're the main part of the ROM).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Then restored to my original ROM, but as I said it keeps rebooting.

What happens when you do a factory reset as against restoring your original saved rom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

bogman wrote: »
    What happens when you do a factory reset as against restoring your original saved rom?

I did not attempt a factory reset but I have it sorted now.

Thanks for all the replies and help.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

On a similar vein....

Partners HTC One X had developed a fault, therefore before cleaning the SDcard and doing a factory reset prior handing it into the repair shop for the warranty repair, I did:

Based on this link (as the phone isnt rooted), I used adb to backup the apps + data:
    adb backup -apk -shared -all -f C:\backup.ab

This backs up all your installed apps (APK files) and shared storage (SD card) data.

Since the repair has replaced the "logic board" and upgraded to the latest firmware, is it still wise to restore the phone using adb:
    adb restore C:\backup.ab

Does this actually affect the installed ROM firmware at all? Sorry for the silly questions, its just I've never had issues with backups/restores as my phone has always been rooted. :)

Thanks in advance
    W.

Advertisement