Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

All Rye River Brewing Company Solas 500ml bottles €2 or €1.99 in Tesco. IPA,Stout,Red Ale and Belgian White. Decent stuff especially the Belgian White and the Red Ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭donaghs

Decent beer. I like the Stout most of all, even if it seems a bit over-carbonated recently (I.e. got to pour very carefully to prevent a volcano of frothy fizzy stout). I think €2 is the standard Tesco price though? For the last year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭LillyIsland

Asahi Super Dry beer on offer in Dunnes... 4 pack of 330ml bottles for €6.50 down from €8.50

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Not sure how much of a deal this is, but I wasn't sure where else to put it either.

Vinzery have an offer from Anders Weinhaus - shipping to Ireland is €20 for up to 18 bundles then it goes up to €40.

There are four different Andres Weinhaus tasting packages :

Each bundle costs €41.24 - plus shipping, which would be roughly the normal price for one bundle at €61.24.

2 bundles = €74.22 (€94.22)

3 bundles = €111.33 (€131.33)

4 bundles = €148.44 (€168.44)

Andres Riesling fine dry 2020 :

Young type with the right acidity, fruity, peach and exotic notes, creamy melt.

This Riesling was matured in stainless steel tanks. We sit on spontaneous fermentation and malolactic fermentation.

The Riesling has a pale yellow color tending towards yellow.

This Riesling is a fruity, fresh, youthful type with a lively, fresh acidity. It shows aromas of apple, peach, citrus fruits and a hint of fresh herbs.

It goes particularly well with light dishes, steamed sea and freshwater fish, boiled meat with light sauces and small house fowl, as well as pasta and all kinds of grilled meats.

Andres Rosé dry 2020 :

Berry, fruity, pleasant structure, harmonious, mild, strawberry, raspberry and forest fruits.

It was expanded in a stainless steel tank. We sit on spontaneous fermentation and malolactic fermentation.

To make rosé vinification, the red berries are initially only lightly squeezed. This so-called mash is then left to rest a little to give the color pigments time to pass from the berry skin into the juice. Once the grape juice has reached the desired color intensity, the mash is pressed and the rosé-colored must is fermented into wine.

Red currant and raspberry and strawberry determine the aroma. The wine has a pleasant acidity, is refreshing, fruity and light.

The rosé is a companion for the whole year. It can be a frugal companion for many dishes. From fresh summer dishes to game dishes or cheese variations, it adapts perfectly. It can also be served perfectly as an aperitif or served with a starter, for example with tapas or antipasti.

Star cut - white wine glass set # 1

• Elegant white wine glass set

• With internal relief structure

• Delivery takes place in an attractive set of 2

• Ritzenhoff brand quality - Made in Germany

Star cut - red wine glass set # 1

• Elegant red wine glass set

• With internal relief structure

• Delivery takes place in an attractive set of 2

• Ritzenhoff brand quality - Made in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

In Dunnes Stores from tomorrow. I am guessing the Guinness 538ml is a mistake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Tesco Clubcard Prices look pretty tasty on some booze up north.

I’m heading that way in couple of weeks

tried to download the Uk app on iPhone to get myself a clubcard but it won’t allow me

anyway to get around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

I resurrected an old SIM-free Android phone on wifi expecting to have to change the Play store region to UK - but for some reason the UK app downloaded fine by default and is working perfectly. And yes, the prices are tasty 😃.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Download it on a UK network when you're up there? or use a vpn briefly to download the UK app?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

can't you just pick up a clubcard in the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you used to be able to in the stores here (assume the same in the UK - application form came with a temporary card).

Says here you can apply online and print off a temporary card.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭FlicFlak

Not a mistake, was in Dunnes last night and there was only one slab left on the shelf. Im guessing the volume change is because of the law last January on multi-buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Jameson Black Barrel, €30 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Tescos have an offer on Kopparberg hard seltzers, €1.50 a 330ml can. Cheap for a seltzer, which are usually v expensive on a per litre basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,292 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

10 percent off wines inc fizz in OBriens with your loyalty card until Sunday 21st November.

Includes wines already on promo.

If you dont have an OBriens card pick one up in store.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭snowgal

saw that odyssey06, Im going in to have a look after lunch, maybe some good offers there...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,103 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

O'Briens currently running an Irish whiskey sale as well. Biggest reduction is €14.50 off Powers Three Swallow

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Aldi have Bushmills at €20 for 70cl bottle at present.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Talisker 10 and Cardhu 12 down to 30 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Still cheaper in Tesco when on sale (€30) which happens a few times a year. Bought two bottles before Halloween.

No doubt they will be on sale before xmas again.

Black Barrel Jamie is cheaper by some margin in Tesco also. It's a good whiskey but it was never a €50 bottle.

I can't say I have seen 3 swallows as cheap anywhere else other than Tesco when on sale. Well worth €30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Butson

Anybody seen Woodford Reserve on offer anywhere?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭donaghs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

spotted it around £23 in sainsbury's in the North yesterday if thats any use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭amber2

Removed

Post edited by amber2 on

Outrageously overpriced

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Even if you took it that the two cheaper ones are going for rrp, that's still €230 for the 18 yo sourced malt!

I fail to see a bargain here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭John arse

All the usual suspects-Heineken,carlsberg,bud,molson,Guinness etc €20 per 24 can slab(83c a can) in tesco at the moment,stock up for xmas🍻🍻🍻!.

Title of thread is Good Drink Bargain Alerts 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭head82

Powers Gold Label.. €18 in Tescos at time of typing. Can't go wrong with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭John arse

Yeah fair enough-everyone to their own,not a crafty myself.Just have to keep slumming it i guess,good deals though.Cheers🍺

Advertisement