Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need a new phone

Options
  • 09-02-2013 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

I've had a Samsung Galaxy S for the past 18 months or so (with Vodafone, bill-pay). I'm looking to get a new phone, I don't mind what network it is.

I want a phone that has a good camera with a flash - not much to ask, I know! :o But it's one thing that the Galaxy S didn't have.

I spend a lot of time on FB and Boards, don't really download too much. So I have ended up using very little of my monthly data allowance.

I really don't text that much, I'm inclined to phone/e-mail rather than text.

Any recommondations? It'll be bill-pay anyways. At the moment, I'm paying about €50 a month. Tesco Mobile are doing SIIIs for free, at €45 per month. So that's what I'm very much leaning towards - but are Tesco Mobile OK for coverage etc?

All that I really need is fast internet and a good camera. I want to pay as little as possible for the phone, and I want the bills to be > €50 a month.

Also, my current plan allows unlimited texts and calls (to Irish numbers) and 1GB data ... I can't stay on this plan (it was a corporate plan, and I don't work in that company anymore), but a plan where I don't have to closely track my usage would be great!

Thanks for any recommendations. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

S3 or Nexus 4 I would have said. You should be able to get some good deal off Emobile for the S3 with unlimited calls and data. As for the Nexus 4, a fantastic phone for relatively small money, and you'd be able to get a cheaper sim free unlimited package off Emobile for less

IN all honesty though, its not a good time of year to be buying a new phone. Granted the S3 is a fantastic phone but it will be replaced within a couple of months. The nexus 4 is currently the only phone I would consider if I was buying new. This probably won;t be replaced until October or November and it will get new versions of android almost immediately after they are released for the next while. The low price is the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

What ever phone you get look to get a 12 month contract maximum. Don't get sucked into getting 18 or 24 month contracts.

Advertisement