Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung TV - sound issue

Options
  • 15-02-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, advice appreciated.

I bought a Samsung TV about 6 years ago. 42" lcd. It was a top range one at the time. The volume goes from 0 to 100. Always found that the sound was poor. Once you go above about 15 the speakers 'vibrated' a bit and you'd have to turn it down. Got it checked a the time but the shop said there was no issue!

Just lately, if it's on for over an hour it vibrates at just 5. Just wondering if you can plug in speakers or is it a waste of time? Do the ones in it need to be changed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

digzy wrote: »
    Hi lads, advice appreciated.

I bought a Samsung TV about 6 years ago. 42" lcd. It was a top range one at the time. The volume goes from 0 to 100. Always found that the sound was poor. Once you go above about 15 the speakers 'vibrated' a bit and you'd have to turn it down. Got it checked a the time but the shop said there was no issue!

Just lately, if it's on for over an hour it vibrates at just 5. Just wondering if you can plug in speakers or is it a waste of time? Do the ones in it need to be changed?

Yeah you can link it up to a home cinema system. They start around €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Yeah you can link it up to a home cinema system. They start around €100.

Would you suggest any particular brand/model. I'll be passing Harvey Norman later on.

digzy wrote: »
    Would you suggest any particular brand/model. I'll be passing Harvey Norman later on.

Denon are great but it's a matter of personal taste of course. Try a few out when you're there to see what suits you.

Argos have a Samsung home cinema system system reduced from €177 to €93 at the moment. I've no idea what it's like but I'd imagine it's fine.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Argos have a Samsung home cinema system system reduced from €177 to €93 at the moment. I've no idea what it's like but I'd imagine it's fine.

Actually, I read a few reviews there and it doesn't sound great. Better off grabbing something in Harvey Norman.

• Advertisement
Advertisement