Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Campervan rental in Ireland - any recommendations?

• 07-08-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Thinking of renting a campervan in Ireland for a week - any recommendations as to who rents them etc? Anyone done this recently?
    We're in Dublin, and want to go to Cork/Kerry - we reckon as we only have a week it would make sense to drive south in our own car first and then rent from Cork/Waterford/Limerick. Would appreciate any recommendations at all....

Thanks
    Enzo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Enzo1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thinking of renting a campervan in Ireland for a week - any recommendations as to who rents them etc? Anyone done this recently?
    We're in Dublin, and want to go to Cork/Kerry - we reckon as we only have a week it would make sense to drive south in our own car first and then rent from Cork/Waterford/Limerick. Would appreciate any recommendations at all....

Thanks
    Enzo

The insurance went nuts for rental, so we have currently stopped. Try pat Keogh in Ballybrittas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi Enzo ,
    Have you considered driving over to the beautiful west of Ireland , collecting your camper there and then heading south or where ever the urge takes you.
    Theres plenty to do and see all along the west coast on your way down south.
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12 detour.camper

Hi Enzo
    Renting a campervan is a great way to tour around Ireland. If you are based in Dublin our depot is located just 35 minutes from the m50 and we have secure parking for your car for the duration of the hire. We have 3 types of campervans available for hire including 2 & 4 berth.
    Let me know the dates and I can see what is available.

Cheers
    Tomas
    Detour Campervan Hire
    www.detour.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mikeder53

Hey, I've a query. Can I ask on this old thread or I should open a new thread?

I'm also looking for a campervan rental Ireland but unfortunately, I'm unable to find enough options. As it's a few years old thread but I hope you or any other must have find enough options of it. Can you please recommend any campervan hire service at Dublin airport?

Cheers,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Bunk campers are one I often see on campsites. I just checked the prices. They're really not cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭sumo12

We've rented from Cara Motorhomes / McRent a couple of times. Great service and new-ish vans too.

Okay guys, thanks for your recommendations.

Advertisement