Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to Scotland

Options
  • 02-08-2012 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Heading to Lomond woods (http://www.holiday-parks.co.uk/index.php?page=lomond-touring) next week. We are taking the ferry over from Belfast, really looking forward to it. Anyone else visited this site or toured around the Loch Lomond area? would appreciate any tips on places to visit or see. Hoping to do a day trip or night stopover in Edinburgh, any advice on places to park for a day trip? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No but I am heading to Scotland tomorrow. Heading to Ayre for a few nights and then Chester. I'm going the long way via Holyhead because I got Irish Ferries vouchers to use for France but I just could not justify losing out on two nights on the ferry for a long weekend (Friday to Tuesday).

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

scotland is great.we try & go every year.
    wild camping is banned on the east coast of lough lomond because of people coming out from the cities at week ends & partying, leaving their rubbish behind even burnt out tents.

enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wibbles19

Thanks for the replies, heading off on Tuesday. Hope you have a good weekend Saruman.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Had a great weekend. Weather was also pretty great, despite heavy rain forecast. Only got rained on twice and only for a short while, though we did get pretty wet cycling back to the ferry on the Isle of Arran.

Advertisement