Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not happy with new samsung TV, am I entitled to a refund?

Options
  • 10-01-2015 7:24pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭

I bought a samsung UE32H5500 from Curry's about 2 months ago. I have noticed some ghosting especially on brighter colours when there is a moving scene although when watching football its easy to notice the black ghosting on the green pitch, its almost like plasma screen burn-in. Each input suffers with this problem and the picture is very grainy even on HD content with high bitrate. My ps4 is not very enjoyable to play with these particular issues. I calibrated the display with the AVS HD 709 tool just like all my other displays.

I'm seeking some advice regarding my consumer rights and the possibility of getting a refund.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I bought a samsung UE32H5500 from Curry's about 2 months ago. I have noticed some ghosting especially on brighter colours when there is a moving scene although when watching football its easy to notice the black ghosting on the green pitch, its almost like plasma screen burn-in. Each input suffers with this problem and the picture is very grainy even on HD content with high bitrate. My ps4 is not very enjoyable to play with these particular issues. I calibrated the display with the AVS HD 709 tool just like all my other displays.

I'm seeking some advice regarding my consumer rights and the possibility of getting a refund.

Thanks in advance.

You are entitled to a repair, replacement, or refund under consumer rights. The retailer gets to chose what they want to do. Usually they will opt for a repair first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I bought a Samsung from currys a few years back. Had an issue with the sound and it was taken away for a repair. Don't think it made much difference but I think there's at least a 1 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

some of this may be to do with the motion limitations of that particular model of tv. I've never seen it in action but read a few reviews that mention it.
    http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/samsung/h5500

Advertisement