Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

insurance claim

• 20-04-2014 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hi sorry but just want too see what people think.. i burnt my leg when i was young about 2 years old it was my own fault i managed to get in behind a fire guard and got too close to the fire and my trousers went up in fire when my mother was in another room ..my leg is badly marked as i got skin graph done had skin taken from my back and my tigh and put onto the leg i burnt . i spent alot of time in hospital i had another operation a few years back there was a problem with the skin graph so have been through a lot . i am now 30 and cant go out to swimming pool or wear shorts because of my injury's i feel embarrassed because people stare at it.. i was told i could claim for my injury's but i do not know who to claim off anyone any idea if i can make a claim after all this time.i dont think my mam knows who our house was insured with at the time does the government have some sort of thing set up for these cases?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

No, the government doesn't have a special scheme set up to compensate people for their own negligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

If you could have claimed from anyone you would only have had 2-5 years after turning 18 to initiate a claim so your out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 brendan1983

ken wrote: »
    If you could have claimed from anyone you would only have had 2-5 years after turning 18 to initiate a claim so your out of luck.

i was 2 when it happened so i dont think i have know to claim when i was 7

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

He said after you turned 18

Basically you've no option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

One of your parents or guardians could have sued themselves at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

hi sorry but just want too see what people think.. i burnt my leg when i was young about 2 years old it was my own fault i managed to get in behind a fire guard and got too close to the fire and my trousers went up in fire when my mother was in another room ..my leg is badly marked as i got skin graph done had skin taken from my back and my tigh and put onto the leg i burnt . i spent alot of time in hospital i had another operation a few years back there was a problem with the skin graph so have been through a lot . i am now 30 and cant go out to swimming pool or wear shorts because of my injury's i feel embarrassed because people stare at it.. i was told i could claim for my injury's but i do not know who to claim off anyone any idea if i can make a claim after all this time.i dont think my mam knows who our house was insured with at the time does the government have some sort of thing set up for these cases?

N. The government does not have any such scheme. It was your parent's responsibility to have the house insured. It was your parent's negligence that allowed a 2 years old get near the fire and it is they who should have been sued with any court settlement or award being paid by the insurance company. It is too late now for any legal action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Regardless of the time frame, your house insurance has a personal liability extension alright, but it excludes cover for family members who ordinarily reside at the house

Advertisement