Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordbasic Programming

Options
  • 23-06-2013 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi guys and gals,

I was hoping someone on here might have some knowledge of Microsoft WordBasic programming? To be honest I am not a strong programmer, it's not my main thing, but I need to edit some wordbasic code and I basically need to force some code to a new line but I cannot find any commands to help me. I am not sure if it is even possible. I am trying to load an addess into a table but I need each address line on a new row of the table.

I have exhausted the web and cannot find anything of use to me. I have tried using Chr(13) and it does move it long some but not the forced new line that I need.

Any help at all appreciated, even a point in the right direction.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Have you tried recording a macro, following the steps you'd like to replicate, and see what vba is produced?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NerfNerder

Mort5000 wrote: »
    Have you tried recording a macro, following the steps you'd like to replicate, and see what vba is produced?

Hi,
    Thanks for your response. I've tried recording the macro but the problem is that it doesn't get recorded in wordbasic, it is in vba as I'm using a 2010 version of office. Also the address is getting populated from another area of the code, it's being pulled in dynamically, I think if I record it then it just shows the hard coding. Sorry if I'm wrong in this, as I say programming is not my forte.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 change direction

I'm not sure if i understand exactly what you are trying to do but perhaps you need to append a 'vbCrLf' (carriage return + line feed) rather than a char(13) to the string. This should move the output onto a new line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Perhaps post up an appropriate snippet of the current code and a better explanation of what you want it to do? I havent looked at wordbasic in nearly 10 years but it might trigger something in the brain of an old fogey like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NerfNerder

Beano wrote: »
    Perhaps post up an appropriate snippet of the current code and a better explanation of what you want it to do? I havent looked at wordbasic in nearly 10 years but it might trigger something in the brain of an old fogey like myself.

Thanks for offering your help. I managed to get it sorted out :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement