Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please

Options
  • 18-01-2015 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hi all ,
    hi everyone . just a quick question please . i've been looking in doing a couple of online IT courses . Looking for a career change. The courses on offer are : frontend web development , UX design , iOS development , full stack web development and android development . really was wondering , which courses , as far as possible , would guarantee employment in Ireland . I'm 40 , have a young child and courses are quite expensive so i'd like to get it right if i could . Any help be greatly appreciated .

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

When it comes to development, it's really what you have a preference for. You'll have to examine which courses offer what and then choose what suits you best. If you are aiming to change career, have a look at job sites and see what the requirements are for the roles you are interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

alundi wrote: »
    which courses , as far as possible , would guarantee employment in Ireland .

Do you have any other I.T. skills ?
    If you don't have an I.T. diploma/degree behind you, then a few private courses for X number of weeks will not "guarantee" anything.

Online courses, at best, might help to upskill, but you if you don't have a solid base of development skills as a foundation to start with then a lot of recruitment agencies will screen you out.

Advertisement