Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Anybody who is on twitter following the AFC Collective will probably have seen this earlier:

http://www.thearsenalcollective.com/video/2012/3/22/its-always-darkest-before-the-dawn.html

Cracking video of this season so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Didn't we have to play Squillaci and Song at CB one time? For that reason alone I'd be more than happy to sign Vertonghen. Better to be over prepared than underprepared. Plus, he can play DM while Vermaelen can also play LB.

Exactly.
    It might be an idea to have another half decent CB that means that Song or even someone as bad as squilacci ever never has to play in centre of defense.
    If they can double as LB cover all the better.
    Also they could be moved into extra holding position in midfield if need be.
    I know it would be a different tactic, but it is about time the tactics were varied a little depending on opposition.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They can be moved around a little if needed if by some miracle everyone stays injury free. That would be four quality CB's, one decent back up, two very promising youths...... and Squillaci. Surely we'd never have to see Squillaci and Song playing together in that case!

Surely squillacci has to be offloaded ?
    It should be priority to offload him, chamakh, park, denilson, bendtner, arshavin this summer.
    I don't care if there are transfer losses, they are eating up wages and squad places.
    I know the difficulty may be the wages they are on. :mad:

I think there needs to be a half decent striker brought in.
    As it is if everything goes to plan there is RVP and Podolski.
    Gervinho and Walcott are not good enough and not suitable as front men unless as a part of a three man and even there is questions about their finishing.
    There has to be the option of operating as either 3 man, 2 man upfront or 1 behind a striker like with Bergkamp, no matter if RVP/Podolski is injured.

Will be interesting to see how Miyachi does when he is back.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Anybody who is on twitter following the AFC Collective will probably have seen this earlier:

http://www.thearsenalcollective.com/video/2012/3/22/its-always-darkest-before-the-dawn.html

Cracking video of this season so far...

Great video cheers for the post :D.

Love stats like this

Arsenal (13) have won more league titles in their history than Chelsea, Spurs & Man City (8) combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

We were recently linked with Shinji Kagawa. I think he'd be a perfect fit at AM for us and he wouldn't break the bank either. Wenger being fluent in Japanese and having an international team-mate in the squad could both be incentives for him. I just dont see us getting either Hazard or Gotze with the bidding war which is likely to surround them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That stat is fantastic :) should be quoted when ever a fan of one of those clubs pipes up at an Arsenal fan ;), Dirty little oil billionaires plays things , and spurs are just...spurs enough said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

robby^5 wrote: »
    We were recently linked with Shinji Kagawa. I think he'd be a perfect fit at AM for us and he wouldn't break the bank either. Wenger being fluent in Japanese and having an international team-mate in the squad could both be incentives for him. I just dont see us getting either Hazard or Gotze with the bidding war which is likely to surround them.

Looked him up on Wiki. Fairly good goal to game ratio for Dortmond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

robby^5 wrote: »

Kagawa would be a good buy imo. He's come back very strong from his injury and it an important cog in a decent Dortmund team. He can play centrally or wide and also having himself and Miyaichi would be a marketers dream.

Out: Almunia, Fabianski, Mannone, Squillaci, Chamakh, Arshavin.

Promote: Martinez, Bartley, Lansbury, Miyaichi. Maybe Afobe/Campbell.

In: Experienced journeyman GK, Vertonghen, Podolski, Then either a wide player or striker depending on where Wenger plans to deploy Podolski.

I don't really see the need for M'Vila tbh. We already have Song, Arteta, Coquelin, Frimpong and Jack who play that position. Have high hopes for Coquelin and he's already proved he can do it in the first team imo.

Although Vertonghen isn't even really a priority for me tbh. If it comes down to a choice between buying him or buying an attacker I'd want the attacker every time. We have enough CB's to manage without him, only reason I'd really want him is because of his versatility.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

From readings everyone's opinion it's clear as day were only at most 2 players short
    If we can get that this summer we could really challenge next season
    Be excellent from the manager to have us back up there on a show string budget
    Come on arsene give us the last pieces of the jigsaw

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I really dont think we'll be getting a wide player of any repute if we sign Poldi. He'll play wide mostly, the Ox will get a LOT more games, Ryo will get games and Theo and Gervinho will get plenty too.

The only scenario where this changes is if Theo stalls on a contract offer but I suspect he knows which way his bread is buttered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Frisbee wrote: »
    I don't really see the need for M'Vila tbh. We already have Song, Arteta, Coquelin, Frimpong and Jack who play that position. Have high hopes for Coquelin and he's already proved he can do it in the first team imo.

I definitely don't see it as an absolute necessity, but he's more of an out and out DM in the "Makelele mould" than anyone we have at the moment, with the exception possibly of Frimpong who is still very unexperienced and would really benefit with a season on loan next year after his setback with Wolves this season.

We all know Song naturally wants to push on and for all the goals that's got us, it's had a hand in a fair few we've conceded as well.

Most likely thing is Frimmy will stay put and get blooded as much as possible and M'Vila won't be coming, but I think I saw on Arseblog that we had him watched again recently so there must be some interest in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I'd love to see vertonghen join, i think he'd be an excellent addition. ive seen him a few times and he is similar to TV in that he's no nonsense, powerful and he has an authority and presence about him. he'd be an excellent signing and if that means pushing tv to left back so be it. the jury is still very much out on santos/gibbs. i wonder should (he wont of course) go for cover of sagna at right back. i think it's clear jenkinson isnt ready at this level just yet although he got better as he got games under his belt admittedly. i am not sure whether he'll go for another midfielder. as has been mentioned we have plenty of central midfielders (when everyone is fit!) i think another decent wideman could be brought in although he may use pod in this role. i am not convinced by gerv, arsh is gone, and walcott is EXTREMELY hit and miss. pod is porbably going to join so that covers the striker area although i know we've been linked with some players doing well in the Ligue 1 so something might happen there. but above everything else, even if meant not signing anyone (he'll have to to make it happen)...

GET RVP TO SIGN!

Podo & Verto would keep RVP happy, i'm sure of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

On a kinda not-Arsenal point I really hope Van Persie gets these Euros and the next World Cup to himself. He deserves to show what he can do to the world.

Don't want to be a Jinx, but do you think the international teams will take more notice of RVP @ the Euros based on his performances/goals/injury free season with us?
    A serious injury would be all we need.:(

I just hope for his own sake he gets all this contract messing out of the way before he heads off to the Euros.

He should sign a nice shiny new 3 year extension and focus on scoring a hatful of goals for the Dutch on route to losing the final to Ireland.

Carlsberg don't do football summers, but if they did...

Kagawa would be a good buy imo. He's come back very strong from his injury and it an important cog in a decent Dortmund team. He can play centrally or wide and also having himself and Miyaichi would be a marketers dream.

Out: Almunia, Fabianski, Mannone, Squillaci, Chamakh, Arshavin.

Surely Park, Denilson and Bendtner must be on this list as well ??

My worry is that even with RVP staying and with only Podolski being added if they were to both get injured (not outside realms of reality at Arsenal) what would front line look like ?
    Would it be a combination of inexperienced guys and wingers ?
    You are then looking at Walcott, Gervinho, Miyaichi, Campbell, Oxo.

Unless Bendtner comes back and plays bit part as extra striker in place of Chamakh ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I just hope for his own sake he gets all this contract messing out of the way before he heads off to the Euros.

He should sign a nice shiny new 3 year extension and focus on scoring a hatful of goals for the Dutch on route to losing the final to Ireland.

Carlsberg don't do football summers, but if they did...

Screw that, give him 10 years! Don't want to be in the same situation in a couple of years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Great video cheers for the post :D.

Love stats like this

Arsenal (13) have won more league titles in their history than Chelsea, Spurs & Man City (8) combined.

great if you like living in the past ;)

But most fans whoever they support live in the present and want to see recent success. Fans who have to fall back on history do so most because of a chronic lack of recent success.
    Lets face it, the 11 players who will take to the field this weekend certainly arent thinking about an Arsenal league title in the 1900's or even your last one for that matter.
    History is for the fans (discuss!)

• Advertisement

jmayo wrote: »
    Surely Park, Denilson and Bendtner must be on this list as well ??

My worry is that even with RVP staying and with only Podolski being added if they were to both get injured (not outside realms of reality at Arsenal) what would front line look like ?
    Would it be a combination of inexperienced guys and wingers ?
    You are then looking at Walcott, Gervinho, Miyaichi, Campbell, Oxo.

Unless Bendtner comes back and plays bit part as extra striker in place of Chamakh ?

WE won't be able to sell Park or Denilson imo, best we can hope for is sending them off on loan. Denilson to Brazil again and maybe Park to Monaco. Bendtner I reckon we can find a buyer for alright, although personally I'd prefer if he stayed tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

But most fans whoever they support live in the present and want to see recent success. Fans who have to fall back on history do so most because of a chronic lack of recent success.
    Lets face it, the 11 players who will take to the field this weekend certainly arent thinking about an Arsenal league title in the 1900's or even your last one for that matter.

Yep History is for the fans of clubs that have a long history of pedigree ;) who can live in the past aswell of the future instead of taking a short trip to the summit only to come back down again when there Russian financier gets bored ;):p.

Also I dont know about that, theres quite a few players at Arsenal now who would be fans aswell as players, Jenkinson, Frimpong, Wilshere, even Henry came back as a fan they would all be very proud of the clubs heritage and want to carry it on. Very few clubs can boast that including Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

WE won't be able to sell Park or Denilson imo, best we can hope for is sending them off on loan. Denilson to Brazil again and maybe Park to Monaco. Bendtner I reckon we can find a buyer for alright, although personally I'd prefer if he stayed tbh.

Think it's fairly certain Bendtner won's stay, he has mentioned not wanting to come back, and certainly won't accept a bit-part role.

I think talks of a max exodus of all these players out on loan is premature. Rarely happens, I'd like Vela to replace Park, although at this stage doesn't look like Wenger trusts him. Is there any type of deal in place from Sociedad does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Striker wise we need a Davor Suker type solution tbh. A proven oul lad if you will. :)

Also re Vertonghen, I'm not sure he'd be as unnecessary after reading his wiki - apparently he can play DM, he does so for Belgium. That'd be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

History is for those who have it.

• Advertisement

Yep History is for the fans of clubs that have a long history of pedigree ;) who can live in the past aswell of the future instead of taking a short trip to the summit only to come back down again when there Russian financier gets bored ;):p.

Also I dont know about that, theres quite a few players at Arsenal now who would be fans aswell as players, Jenkinson, Frimpong, Wilshere, even Henry came back as a fan they would all be very proud of the clubs heritage and want to carry it on. Very few clubs can boast that including Chelsea.

Club history isnt just about counting the number of trophies you have won!
    Chelsea were officially founded in 1905 and a lot has happened in that time on and off the field - that is "history".

I disagree about ex-players, pretty much every club has ex players supporting their club. And most have ex-players working as managers\coaches or as "ambassadors"

Roman is the current chapter of Chelsea's history, and yes that chapter will end one day, but who's to say we will be any less or more successful?

Its a common misconception (wish!) by other fans that without him (his money) Chelsea will just cease to exist, but of course that has been thought of and planned for, its silly to assume otherwise.

My original point was that its silly to respond to other fans saying "we have won more trophies than you and so and so put together" because they will be more focused on what has been won recently, so its not really a good arguement, beter to focus on something more recent like getting further in this years CL competition, looking like getting 3rd after a poor start and having a present manager and team thats highly thought of in playing style etc :)

cson wrote: »
    Also re Vertonghen, I'm not sure he'd be as unnecessary after reading his wiki - apparently he can play DM, he does so for Belgium. That'd be useful.

If at the start of the season (hypothetically after the window closed) we were in the mix to buy another full back, its quite likely it would be felt that we wopuldn't need on - after all, we had Sagna, Traore, Gibbs, Santos and Corporal Jenks. TV can also play FB.

Then, mid way through the season, we had no FB's, at all.

We can do without midfielders - we have loads of options. But TV is injury prone, Dj isn't great, which leaves Kos, and nobody else if the worst comes to the worst.

Lets be absolutely, 100% secure in defence, with options for options.

Injury crisis in Midfleld/strikers is easier fixed than having a banjaxed defence and goalie.

Club history isnt just about counting the number of trophies you have won!
    Chelsea were officially founded in 1905 and a lot has happened in that time on and off the field - that is "history".

I disagree about ex-players, pretty much every club has ex players supporting their club. And most have ex-players working as managers\coaches or as "ambassadors"

Roman is the current chapter of Chelsea's history, and yes that chapter will end one day, but who's to say we will be any less or more successful?

Its a common misconception (wish!) by other fans that without him (his money) Chelsea will just cease to exist, but of course that has been thought of and planned for, its silly to assume otherwise.

My original point was that its silly to respond to other fans saying "we have won more trophies than you and so and so put together" because they will be more focused on what has been won recently, so its not really a good arguement, beter to focus on something more recent like getting further in this years CL competition, looking like getting 3rd after a poor start and having a present manager and team thats highly thought of in playing style etc :)

It would be a disaster of epic proportions were the Oligarch money to dry up.

You have no contingency or possibility of maintaining success at the current level unless his money could be replaced by another rich owner.

As a stand alone entity, you are probably solvent.

Solvent won't get you Cavani, Goetze and Pep Guardiola. Solvent will get you the new Kerry Dixon, Michael Duberry and Eddie Newton.

meriwether wrote: »
    It would be a disaster of epic proportions were the Oligarch money to dry up.

You have no contingency or possibility of maintaining success at the current level unless his money could be replaced by another rich owner.

As a stand alone entity, you are probably solvent.

Solvent won't get you Cavani, Goetze and Pep Guardiola. Solvent will get you the new Kerry Dixon, Michael Duberry and Eddie Newton.

on paper he has "loaned" us the money.
    Whos to say he wouldnt just write it off?
    Debt free with our turnover we would do pretty good

Plenty of good kids waiting in the wings who might actually get a game then!

Used to love watching Kerry bang them in by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Perhaps you should read his post again

• Advertisement

But where would the new money come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

meriwether wrote: »
    But where would the new money come from?

Agreed. Even if Chelsea's debt was just written off and Roman was to walk away Chelsea could kiss goodbye to signings like Mata and Torres unless another billionaire took over who was willing to bankroll them again.

Or else they would just turn in to another Portsmouth

amiable wrote: »
    Agreed. Even if Chelsea's debt was just written off and Roman was to walk away Chelsea could kiss goodbye to signings like Mata and Torres unless another billionaire took over who was willing to bankroll them again.

Or else they would just turn in to another Portsmouth

That would be.....awful.

cson wrote: »
    Striker wise we need a Davor Suker type solution tbh. A proven oul lad if you will. :)

Di Natale maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Di Natale maybe?

I said that a few months back, would be a quality little player for us for a few seasons.

WE won't be able to sell Park or Denilson imo, best we can hope for is sending them off on loan. Denilson to Brazil again and maybe Park to Monaco.

That is bad and yet another example of poor contract negotiations that have plagued the club for a few years.
    Park has been a total waste of money and I don't think at this stage it is going to change.
    Bendtner I reckon we can find a buyer for alright, although personally I'd prefer if he stayed tbh.

If the choice is between Bendtner, Park and Chamakh then Bendtner wins by miles even if he is a pain in the a***.
    He might miss chances, but he is miles ahead of the other two :mad:
    Then again if he is destabilising influence he can f off.

I think someone said that we need defenders more than midfielders or strikers.
    There is lot of truth in that, but if we took RVP out of the team this year how many goals would have been scored ?
    That has to be a huge worry that the other front guys or midfielders are now contributing enough goals.

Sorry I have had to resort ot wikipedia for this info. :o

Last year Fabregas (9 overall 3 in PL), Nasri (15 overall 10 in PL), Bendtner (9 overall 2 in PL) meant we were down a huge amount of goals.
    That was huge amount to replace and without RVP we would be absolutely nowhere near replacing it.

Also if you compare the season for players who haven't left or left until lately as in Arshavin.
    Chamakh (11 overall 7 in PL) whereas this year he got 1 in PL.
    Arshavin (10 overall 6 in PL) whereas this year he got 2 and 1.
    Walcott (13 overall 9 in PL) and this year could work out much the same with 8 and 5 up until recently.
    Gervinho has 4 this year after 30 odd appearances.
    Benayoun has 3 after 19 appearances.
    Arteta has 4 odd goals after 33 appearances.
    Park has 1 single goal.
    FFS Henry has 3 and was only here a few weeks.

To me that is worrying and means we need more than Podolski to solve up front.
    Maybe a combination of Oxo, Ryo and Campbell can solve some issues, but is it asking a lot of new guys ?

Also even if RVP stays what are the odds he can get another mighty season injury free season ?

All of that I think means we need another be it out and out striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sútalún wrote: »

Think it's fairly certain Bendtner won's stay, he has mentioned not wanting to come back, and certainly won't accept a bit-part role.

I think talks of a max exodus of all these players out on loan is premature. Rarely happens, I'd like Vela to replace Park, although at this stage doesn't look like Wenger trusts him. Is there any type of deal in place from Sociedad does anyone know?

Sociedad reps were in London last week to open talks, all parties want the deal done it will def get done in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

jmayo wrote: »
    That is bad and yet another example of poor contract negotiations that have plagued the club for a few years.
    Park has been a total waste of money and I don't think at this stage it is going to change.

Park wasn't a waste of money. In fact, it's pretty much the opposite.

Arsenal knew what they were doing when they bought the Korean captain. Their sales in merchandise in Korea absolutely rocketed and their sponsorship and more crucially, the T.V rights they sold to South Korea have certainly made up for the money they spent.

He's not up to the standard of Arsenal at all but financially, he has helped Arsenal.

This is quite vaguely known throughout the Arsenal fans though and I agree 100% with the rest of your post, especially about Bendtner. But once again, Bendtner really isn't up to that standard - Consistency is key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Park wasn't a waste of money. In fact, it's pretty much the opposite.

Arsenal knew what they were doing when they bought the Korean captain. Their sales in merchandise in Korea absolutely rocketed and their sponsorship and more crucially, the T.V rights they sold to South Korea have certainly made up for the money they spent.

He's not up to the standard of Arsenal at all but financially, he has helped Arsenal.

This is quite vaguely known throughout the Arsenal fans though and I agree 100% with the rest of your post, especially about Bendtner. But once again, Bendtner really isn't up to that standard - Consistency is key.

His Korean fan base must be pretty pissed off by now!

greendom wrote: »
    His Korean fan base must be pretty pissed off by now!

Agreed! There was a massive buzz there when he was signed by Arsenal but they have been frustrated since.

Maybe we could see an increase in TV Rights for Arsenal Reserve fixtures :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

555510_2912979631287_1464566543_32209041_544280029_n.jpg

yennaris joins Notts County on loan. Good to hear. He looked good from what I've seen.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/yennaris-joins-notts-county-on-loan

Exciting to see all these loans. Will be great to look out for. Will be good to see how Yennaris plays in his position!

I just put Bendtner in my FF team...

What am I doing?!

Galvasean wrote: »
    yennaris joins Notts County on loan. Good to hear. He looked good from what I've seen.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/yennaris-joins-notts-county-on-loan

The vid I linked of the 3 lads on Soccer AM has them saying Nico has Ox in his pocket everytime in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Di Natale maybe?
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    I said that a few months back, would be a quality little player for us for a few seasons.

he's 34 lads, 35 in october. although he's got a good scoring record, he's unproven in england(mightn't matter too much though) and far too old for wenger to go signing.
    might as well bid for zanetti as well or see if suker will come back

Forgot to update after the Everton game!

van Persie 33 (26)
    Walcott 8 (5)
    Vermaelen 5 (5)
    Arteta 4 (4)
    Gervinho 4 (4)
    Oxlade-Chamberlaine 4 (2)
    Benayoun 3 (1)
    Ramsey 3 (2)
    Henry 3 (2)
    Arshavin 2 (1)
    Koscielny 2 (1)
    Rosicky 2 (1)
    Santos 2 (1)
    Chamakh 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Park 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Song 1 (1)

(league goals in brackets)

batistuta9 wrote: »
    he's 34 lads, 35 in october. although he's got a good scoring record, he's unproven in england(mightn't matter too much though) and far too old for wenger to go signing.
    might as well bid for zanetti as well or see if suker will come back

Sometimes an old head helps steady the ship. A lad like Di Natale could do a similar job to what Henry did this season.
    Plus uncle Sol was a bit of a god-send when he kept Silvestre away from CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭batistuta9

here's wenger's take on what's going to be happening this summer:
    Wenger: I won't spend big this summer

Published: Today at 15:35
    ARSENE WENGER insists he will NOT be making wholesale changes to his Arsenal squad this summer.

The Gunners suffered their worst-ever start to a season but have clawed their way back into third place after winning their last six successive Premier League matches.

However, they are a mammoth 15 points behind leaders Manchester United with nine games remaining.

An £11million deal for German striker Lukas Podolski has already been agreed with Cologne.

But Wenger insists the return of Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby from injury means he is unlikely to recruit overhaul his team.

The Arsenal boss said: "Quantity-wise we will not do a lot. Quality-wise certainly, and we will take a gamble if we find top, top quality of course.

"The number of the squad is 25. We have many players out on loan and we have not had Jack Wilshere or Abou Diaby for the whole season.

"These players will be back and that means number and quality wise we are strong because we are now in the position we are in without these players."

But Wenger admitted he will do his business in the transfer market early this summer.

He added: "Last year was terrible for us because we finished on August 31 at 11.55pm and we do not want to repeat that."

in the rest of the story on the site he goes on to talk about Muamba + there's a 4min video of some of his press conference from today
    link to story/video

• Advertisement

Interesting how that source spins it as Wenger not spending big, but arsenal.com spin it as Wenger in search of 'top quality'.
    In fairness to him we probabaly dont need many signings to compete next year, just hang on to our current star players and make a couple of excellent signings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement