Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting a Joomla Component to a Saas application

Options
  • 15-01-2015 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Component that is built on Joomla by an offshore company, it installs as a Joomla component. It was the most cost effective way to get it working at the time.

I want to take it to the next stage and "convert" the product to a Saas application. Users would signup for an account, monthly subscription and use the software in the browser.

I don't have a clue about where to start, if anyone has any advice or has any experience with projects like this, I'd be happy to engage and pay for consultancy/advice. PM or post below if interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Experiment! Create a 30-day freebie BlueMix account, and deploy your Joomla stuff there, to see how it behaves. If it works well, register for the pay service (until you start getting enough hits to make it register, you still won't be charged) and you'll be up & running in the cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EamonnDunne

bpmurray wrote: »
    Experiment! Create a 30-day freebie account, and deploy your Joomla stuff there, to see how it behaves. If it works well, register for the pay service (until you start getting enough hits to make it register, you still won't be charged) and you'll be up & running in the cloud.

How is that any different to what he is doing already? He wants to transition from Joomla.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Thanks for the suggestion bpmurray but eamonns right, I'm looking to have this as a standalone web application running on php - no Joomla

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭Talisman

How tightly integrated with Joomla is it?

Advertisement