Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

U8 Bluetooth Smart Watch / Fitness meter €12.87

• 07-09-2015 7:07pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.buyincoins.com/item/62651.html (60% off) €12.87 / €12.61 if you use 2dropper2014 as coupon

1.48" Capacitive Touch Screen TFT LCD
    Material: Steel + Silicon
    Stopwatch function
    Support hands-free calls
    Time / Date / Week / Battery state display
    Answer or Dial calls from your wrist
    Ringing reminder when you receive a call
    Display the number or name of incoming calls
    Play the music in your phone (after Bluetooth paring)
    Ringing reminder once your mobile phone disconnected
    Sync phone book/SMS/call history(only for android phone)
    ★Android System can support all function in the description;
    ★BUT IOS only support: Passometer, Calendar, Call Sync,Calculator,Clock,Stopwatch.

Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth V4.0
    Color: Black,White,Red
    Talk Time: about 3 hours
    Charging Time: about 1 hour
    Music Play Time: about 6 hours
    Standby Time: about 160 hours
    Ambient Noise: ≤75dB
    Transmitting Range: ≥10m
    Range of Frequency: 2.4GHz spectrum
    Bluetooth Protocol: A2DP + HFP 1.5 + HS P 1.2
    Power Supply: Built-in 230mAh rechargeable battery

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Is it worth the punt ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I don't get these watches that allow you to answer your phone, but you still need to talk into the phone.

Wouldn't replace this with my current watch (not a gadget watch) nor would i wear this and my current watch.

I feel there is better options out there. I prefer the bands with no LCD display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Nabber wrote: »
    I don't get these watches that allow you to answer your phone, but you still need to talk into the phone.

Wouldn't replace this with my current watch (not a gadget watch) nor would i wear this and my current watch.

I feel there is better options out there. I prefer the bands with no LCD display.

AFAIK you can talk to the watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Dammit! Bought one! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,396 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Used one of these for a few months. Little bit buggy with reading phone numbers. But does do music control, reads some notifications, reads text messsges. Thought pedometer was okay. Nice barometer/altimeter/thermometer. Nice size and shape, not bulky, doesnt stand out too much. Limited watch faces. Good value if you have use for it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

does it have GPS ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

tharmor wrote: »
    does it have GPS ?

Uses the phones GPS. AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭vidapura

Anyone actually got one?
    Just wondering if the current speed (via the phones gps) could be displayed on it?

Twould be awful handy for anyone cycling, sailing or whatever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Any issues with the website? I haven't bought from buyincoins before but I think they're pretty reputable, right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have one of these and for the price its great. I havent used mine in a while tho but its charging at the moment and will be back wearing it later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

For a couple of euro more, there's the U9 Bluetooth Smart Watch

I'm not sure what the difference is though. Comparing the features listed for both, the U9 has a few extra:
    Remote camera / Alarm clock / Anti-slide reminder
    Pedometer / Altimeter / Thermometer /Barometer
    Information notifcation:Gmail, Facebook,CNN APP, ZAKER ,Facebook Message,QQ Message, 360,etc (Need APP,android system)

but reviews of the U8 indicate it has the Altimeter/Pedomoter/remote camera control, so ???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOH wrote: »
    For a couple of euro more, there's the U9 Bluetooth Smart Watch

I'm not sure what the difference is though. Comparing the features listed for both, the U9 has a few extra:

but reviews of the U8 indicate it has the Altimeter/Pedomoter/remote camera control, so ???

Yes the U8 has the Altimeter/Pedomoter/remote camera

Actually, every other reference to the U9 (example) I can find shows it as a rectangular bracelet type thing more so than a regular watch shape. Prob better sticking to the OPs U8.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

What was battery life like for regular use?

Tinie wrote: »
    What was battery life like for regular use?

I got a day and a half with decent use out of mine. 3 days + if im not using it much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Has anyone tried or even own one of the LF128's? I would love to know how they compare

Doesn't a proper android smartwatch have to have access to the Play Store so yeh can download android wear apps?

Do these ones have that access?

Thanks

Note there's a slightly better discount using the code BIC5PPEB

Note there's a slightly better discount using the code BIC5PPEB

Works out at $13.63 with this code, enough to push me over the edge and buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

How long for shipping? gonna buy one for the craic.

• Advertisement

Most Chinese sites that offer free shipping take 4-6 weeks for delivery, I presume this lot are broadly in line with that.

blastman wrote: »
    Most Chinese sites that offer free shipping take 4-6 weeks for delivery, I presume this lot are broadly in line with that.

I ordered off Aliexpress but it was shipped from the Netherlands and arrive in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I ordered off Aliexpress but it was shipped from the Netherlands and arrive in 2 weeks.

Add 20 lids and you'll get it in a week apparantly.

vidapura wrote: »
    Doesn't a proper android smartwatch have to have access to the Play Store so yeh can download android wear apps?

Do these ones have that access?

Thanks

No, features are pretty much fixed, no apps

lots of info on watch here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2657970

No, features are pretty much fixed, no apps

lots of info on watch here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2657970

Ahh cool, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

God now ive bought this and a 13" laptop :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bad news :(

Arrived but,

the software link provided was flagged as malware and the app was removed from google play.

Bad news :(

Arrived but,

the software link provided was flagged as malware and the app was removed from google play.

This is it m8,not flagged as malware for me but do scan it again to be sure
    http://1drv.ms/1MT9Trc

No offence wiz569, but I'm a bit wary about installing something from an unknown source, that might have already been flagged as malware.

Any suggestions for an app from an official source that will work with this? There seem to be loads of BTNotification apps on the Play store, half of them in Chinese

• Advertisement

No offence wiz569, but I'm a bit wary about installing something from an unknown source, that might have already been flagged as malware.

Any suggestions for an app from an official source that will work with this? There seem to be loads of BTNotification apps on the Play store, half of them in Chinese

Yes if you go onto the playstore and download "SmartWear" it will work perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Looking for something to track steps/running....I am using the Mi Band at the moment, would this be a better alternative? Thanks

Fair enough but thats the exact one on mine and that link is my onedrive account

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Looking for something to track steps/running....I am using the Mi Band at the moment, would this be a better alternative? Thanks

THe problem with the U8 is you have to measure the distance you take each step, input that in the settings and then it will calculate the steps you take as far as I know. (I'm not 100% on this as I have never used the function because my S5 does all my steps)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Anyone got any apps for iphone working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'm pretty sure I have no use for this.
    I'll be back to buy tomorrow when I realise I have thoroughly convinced myself that I can't live without it

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    THe problem with the U8 is you have to measure the distance you take each step, input that in the settings and then it will calculate the steps you take as far as I know. (I'm not 100% on this as I have never used the function because my S5 does all my steps)

That's better than the Mi band (which I'm also using at the moment) where you enter your gender and height and it assumes your stride based on that. I had to fiddle with my height until I got a reasonably accurate reading.

At least being able to enter your stride length on the U8 means you'll get better accuracy, once you get past the hassle of that. Assuming the watch can count steps correctly. (Although that begs the question why does it need your gender/height/weight)?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Irishvillian

How do people find this watch for notifications ie missed calls and messages, I am using a galaxy s5, cheers.

How do people find this watch for notifications ie missed calls and messages, I am using a galaxy s5, cheers.

Galaxy S5 works a treat for notifications :)

preddy wrote: »
    Anyone got any apps for iphone working?

This doesn't work with iPhones as the bluetooth in iPhones are slightly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Just got this, what's the best app to download for it? Android not rooted. Thanks

• Advertisement

Just got this, what's the best app to download for it? Android not rooted. Thanks

Maybe search for mediatek in the play store, mediatek smartdevice app should work, since it's a mediatek chip inside

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GG396

I have absolutely no need for this. Must buy!

Any hassle with customs?

It's under the threshold, so shouldn't be

"SmartWear" is currently the best app for this watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Did anyone manage to get it to vibrate for messages/calls via the SmartWear app?

Yep, works for me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

blastman wrote: »
    Yep, works for me anyway

Thanks for that. Was beginning to think there was no motor in them. Must have a closer look at the settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Irishvillian

How are people finding this Smart watch now after using it for a while, what's the battery life like and is it reliable for notifications. I was thinking of getting it for my nephew for Christmas, also what is the screen like to view outside, cheers for any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Anyone having issues with the smartwear app?

I've barely turned mine on since I got it.
    But for anyone who has, this is slightly alarming - someone's worked out when it pairs it starts communicating with a Chinese IP address.

Haven't watched the full presentation so what it sends might be innocuous enough, but it's still a little worrying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement