Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using Bus lane Fine

• 05-05-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm gonna be honest and say would use the bus lanes a lot, and this thread is not about that (I know its wrong and disrespectful to other road users...).

I've been stopped 3 times in the past year or 2 and always managed to get a warning (even got one garda going on about how the particular bus lane i was in should be open to all cars but that's a different topic again)

But my question is what is the fine for it and do they give points.

a friend told me its €80, but you also get 2 points but he was unsure.

But please don't post unless its about fines or points, we don't need a thread with people moaning about the lanes and what not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭db330

Thanks Joker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

If you only got caught on average once a year, €60 is pretty cheap for an annual bus lane pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭db330

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    If you only got caught on average once a year, €60 is pretty cheap for an annual bus lane pass.

Ye that was just what I was thinking. Pretty good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Could it not be covered by this offence?
    Failure to comply with traffic lane markings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bigcheeze wrote: »

Why bother obeying any rules if your unlikely to be caught so.

This is whats wrong with the roads here, everyone with an "as long as I'm alright, **** everyone else" attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Hope you get caught more often and find out OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I use bus lanes a lot too but only outside of operational hours; always surprising he few do and how even fewer realise it's an RTA offence not to use them when available. My favourite is hitting Whitehall church just at 7pm ad being on Dorset Street before practically anyone else in the queue all through Drumcondra realises the bus and is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Using Bus Lane? Fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Using Bus Lane? Fine!

It's fine to use a bus lane, or you'll get a fine for using a bus lane? And if you're fine with a fine, what then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

AltAccount wrote: »
    It's fine to use a bus lane, or you'll get a fine for using a bus lane? And if you're fine with a fine, what then?

He is fine with getting a fine and he is fine with using the fine bus lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Why bother obeying any rules if your unlikely to be caught so.

This is whats wrong with the roads here, everyone with an "as long as I'm alright, **** everyone else" attitude.

We use to have the same problem in Spain, people wouldnt respect the bus lane and you will constantly find people using it, bypassing long queues quickly while the rest were waiting in line... i find it rude same way when i go to Mcdonalds and there is a queue i dont walk straight to the cashier and ask for a burger, ill wait my turn.

The solution in spain was to separate the bus lane (see below, ignore coco of course)

coco_grandes-peque%C3%B1os.jpg

and place cameras all over the city, also as create a new type of policemen (not really policemen) called proximity agent. now they are all over the place;; pretty effective and people have stopped using the bus lane for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

+1 €60 and no points.... From experience from late last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Bohrio wrote: »
    We use to have the same problem in Spain, people wouldnt respect the bus lane and you will constantly find people using it, bypassing long queues quickly while the rest were waiting in line... i find it rude same way when i go to Mcdonalds and there is a queue i dont walk straight to the cashier and ask for a burger, ill wait my turn.

The solution in spain was to separate the bus lane (see below, ignore coco of course)

coco_grandes-peque%C3%B1os.jpg

and place cameras all over the city, also as create a new type of policemen (not really policemen) called proximity agent. now they are all over the place;; pretty effective and people have stopped using the bus lane for the most part

Have seen similar on roundabouts in Europe to separate the lanes properly, would avoid the usual rubbish of people going straight through 2 lane roundabouts, taking the shortest possible route to reach their exit. Would love to see an actual safety measure like that introduced in Ireland instead of the usual money spinners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Would love to see an actual safety measure like that introduced in Ireland instead of the usual money spinners.

In Ireland?? With the RSA introducing something that doesn't earn them money??

AHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Advertisement