Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well... Did you get a HP Touchpad?

• 18-09-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

So, the hype seems to have died down, somewhat.

The great drought of the HP Touchpad is finally coming to an end.

Days of sleepless nights, RSI fingers from all that F5ing, or were you bovvered?

Were you one of the lucky few to get a Touchpad, or could you care less?

If you got one, where did you get it from?

(Poll coming shortly - watch this space!)

Did you get a Touchpad, and if so from where? 44 votes

NO!!!! :( :( :(
    0% 0 votes
    Yes - Harvey Norman
    61% 27 votes
    Yes - Currys/PC World
    4% 2 votes
    Yes - Carphone Warehouse
    6% 3 votes
    Yes - Amazon
    0% 0 votes
    Yes - FNAC
    0% 0 votes
    Yes - eBay
    11% 5 votes
    Yes - Adverts.ie
    2% 1 vote
    Yes - Donedeal
    2% 1 vote
    Yes - Gumtree
    0% 0 votes
    Yes - Family / Mate in America
    0% 0 votes
    Yes - Best Buy / Staples / Barnes & Noble / Some Online US Company
    0% 0 votes
    Yes - Family / Mate / OH got me one!
    2% 1 vote
    Yes - Argos
    0% 0 votes
    Eh, Ataripad?
    9% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

If you mean HP TouchPad as in spare, dust gathering HP digital photo frame, then yes, I did. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I have better things to spend my money on like packets of mustard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

No, because I already have a laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Emiko

HP hasn't tasted the same since they moved production out of the UK.

I stick with Chef these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No, I'm waiting for the Amazon tablet. Cheaper, reportedly more functions, more (also cheaper) media services, etc.

Details: http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/amazon-tablet-rumours-what-you-need-to-know-957839
    The TechCrunch writer says that the Kindle tablet will be half the price of the entry level iPad, which puts the Kindle tablet price at £199.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Hype? :confused:

I've never even heard of this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,119 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Being surrounded by desk-tops, lap-tops and net-books, I've decided I've gone too far and will seek help from the technology addiction centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Naomi00 wrote: »
    Hype? :confused:

I've never even heard of this...

Feast your eyes on this;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056362805

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Why would I want a bigger version of a smartphone?

I got a netbook for about the price the HP Touchpad instead, now I can type sentences with excellent accuracy and speed.

If this was a touchpad, I'd have given up long ago. I bet your so happy I didn't get one or this post your enjoying reading so much would probably have ended by now but since I have a keyboard it hasn't and will continue going until such time as I get bored typing. Which is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

thebman wrote: »
    now I can type sentences with excellent accuracy and speed.

If this was a touchpad, I'd have given up long ago. I bet your so happy I didn't get one or this post your enjoying reading so much would probably have ended by now but since I have a keyboard it hasn't and will continue going until such time as I get bored typing. Which is now.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

What is this thread about ?!:confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What is this thread about ?!:confused:

An extremely pointless gadget designed to trick people who probably already own a smart phone and laptop out of their money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    An extremely pointless gadget designed to trick people who probably already own a smart phone and laptop out of their money.

Ok thanks for the headsup there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I managed to get one :) hated tablets before I got one, but now I love it. I wasn't tricked out of money either. I won some one for all vouchers and bought myself and my bf a touchpad during the fire sale. I own both a high end smart phone and a netbook but the touchpad is far superior for so many things! I won a europa on 3 so I just top it up every month by 20 euro to get unlimited internet and use it as a portable hotspot so ive internet all the time for it as well as my netbook.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got one, heard online that Harvey Norman were discounting in Australia and perhaps there would be an announcement on the Monday, so I didn't wait and after getting the mornings work done, I headed into HN at around half ten and picked one up, just like that, in Swords.
    45 mins later they were all gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement