Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher With Fear Of Kids Sues For Damages

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Only in America

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

uch wrote: »
    Only in America

Any chance we can make "Only in America" and "Only in Ireland" infractable?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Only in America

in fairness they seem to be a bit of a handful in this documentary...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

On the plus side we can strike her off the nonce list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

MadsL wrote: »

Can I still say "Only in the UK" to annoy the brits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

That's just what she wants you to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Only in America
    Can I still say "Only in the UK" to annoy the brits?

only on boards.ie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Its funny an ironic, what's not to like.

There are sayings on boards that are a 3.50 times more annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

"Discrimination" opened the flood gates.

Precedent was set a long time ago. Surprised 15 year olds haven't sued for not being able to drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Precedent was set a long time ago. Surprised 15 year olds haven't sued for not being able to drive.

ageist :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

They can.

Only in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

DrumSteve wrote: »
    noncesence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Why would you choose teaching as a vocation if you're afraid of kids?

Clearly the kids are better off without somebody that fúcking stupid teaching them, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

WindSock wrote: »
    Only the Loners?
    Only the lonely.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Why would you choose teaching as a vocation if you're afraid of kids?

Clearly the kids are better off without somebody that fúcking stupid teaching them, anyway.

She was teaching at high school level, she got moved to middle school level

She was teaching at high school level, she got moved to middle school level

Shouldn't she have had the 'cop on' to realise she could easily be moved to a section with younger kids? I mean, it's not rocket science. I hate kids, so I didn't get into teaching. Easy really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

In fairness it doesn't matter where she is from, she is a nut case. How was the education authorities to know sending her to middle school would trigger a "phobia", sounds like she actually had to work for a living and didn't like it.

So does this mean she can't go out in public because of her phobia 0.o

While America has that claim for any thing mentality (not all of em, but enough to push up premiums), Ireland in not so far behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Like a prostitute with a fear of dick

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Shouldn't she have had the 'cop on' to realise she could easily be moved to a section with younger kids? I mean, it's not rocket science. I hate kids, so I didn't get into teaching. Easy really.
    I would have thought teaching teenagers would be fairly different from teaching kids and that if you went into the profession of teaching teenagers you wouldn't really expect to teach someone half their age.

It's pretty bizarre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

"Published on Oct 2, 2012
    "A gym teacher in Queens, New York, is suing the city, claiming that he was beat up by a six-year-old, who is a first-grader.
    According to NY Post, John Webster, 27, who is a gym teacher and weighs 220 pounds, said that 6-year-old Rodrigo Carpio beat him up and caused am injury to his knee.
    Webster also says that the student fractured his ankle, and that forced him to go to a shrink due to stress. According to Huffington Post, Webster said that he now has to wear leg braces as a result of the incident.
    He went onto say that Carpio looks like an angel, but then he can turn into a nightmare. He also said that school officials were reportedly warned that Carpio has behavior problems, but they did not do anything to protect Webster...".

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    I would have thought teaching teenagers would be fairly different from teaching kids and that if you went into the profession of teaching teenagers you wouldn't really expect to teach someone half their age.

It's pretty bizarre though.

Mhm, but somebody said she was moved to middle school? Middle school is still 11-13 year olds IIRC, which would generally be in the remit for teachers trained to teach teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Only in North Korea would they do such a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

noncesence

She doesnt need punishment... she needs gunishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Mhm, but somebody said she was moved to middle school? Middle school is still 11-13 year olds IIRC, which would generally be in the remit for teachers trained to teach teens.
    I was just playing devils advocate slightly.

We all know that when it comes to schools ion America the only solution is more guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

LiamMc wrote: »

"Published on Oct 2, 2012
    "A gym teacher in Queens, New York, is suing the city, claiming that he was beat up by a six-year-old, who is a first-grader.
    According to NY Post, John Webster, 27, who is a gym teacher and weighs 220 pounds, said that 6-year-old Rodrigo Carpio beat him up and caused am injury to his knee.
    Webster also says that the student fractured his ankle, and that forced him to go to a shrink due to stress. According to Huffington Post, Webster said that he now has to wear leg braces as a result of the incident.
    He went onto say that Carpio looks like an angel, but then he can turn into a nightmare. He also said that school officials were reportedly warned that Carpio has behavior problems, but they did not do anything to protect Webster...".

I haven't laughed as hard in ages. How fuccking shameless do you need to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I haven't laughed as hard in ages. How fuccking shameless do you need to be?

I bet we are missing the back story. Such as, he could not work due to his fractured ankle, but because it happened on school property it was not classed as an industrial accident and so his insurance wouldnt cover his time off work and his medical bills. Maybe his only option was to lawyer up. I don't know, Im just speculating, but its easy to poke fun at people when you leave out the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

syklops wrote: »
    I bet we are missing the back story. Such as, he could not work due to his fractured ankle, but because it happened on school property it was not classed as an industrial accident and so his insurance wouldnt cover his time off work and his medical bills. Maybe his only option was to lawyer up. I don't know, Im just speculating, but its easy to poke fun at people when you leave out the facts.

Very possibly

But a 6 year old.............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I ****ing love America, despite everyone bitching about Ireland it really shows what a normal well adjusted country we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Leave her quadrospazzed and drain away her precious lifeglug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'm scared of bunnies, but I'm a bunny boiler.

Advertisement