Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluoride endgame approaches....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Just usual conspiracy nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!I drank flouride water and sure it did me no harm, still have me two front teeth wah!!!!? Never mind!!!!!

Ole ole ole ole ole ole!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

profitius wrote: »
    Theres an interview about this on alchemy radio. Aisling Fitzgibbon is taking the government to court.
    that the radio station that is advertising it's gonna have david icke on?the one that was removed as spam when advertised in the CT forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Whether you like it or not, fluoride will be removed from the nations water supply in the next few years and that will be a good thing. It is a huge human rights issue and it just cannot continue to go on so it's just a matter of time when fluoride will be banned from entering our main water supply.

Like I said before, if you want to damage yourself then you can purchase all the fluoride you want personally without effecting anyone else.

Also dentists are going to get a right bashing soon for promoting such chemicals and forced mass medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

zenno wrote: »
    Whether you like it or not, fluoride will be removed from the nations water supply in the next few years and that will be a good thing. It is a huge human rights issue and it just cannot continue to go on so it's just a matter of time when fluoride will be banned from entering our main water supply.

Like I said before, if you want to damage yourself then you can purchase all the fluoride you want personally without effecting anyone else.

Also dentists are going to get a right bashing soon for promoting such chemicals and forced mass medication.
    Really now? A huge human rights issue? Hyperbole much.

My 2c on fluoridation of water supplies:
    Most of the claims arising from the anti side are at best pure unfounded speculation combined with a misunderstanding of science (I'm referring to the meta-analysis paper quoted earlier) and at worst downright lies and scaremongering.

Fluoride may well have a beneficial effect on dental health when added to drinking water - however I'm not 100% convinced it is significant. The anti-fluoride lobby groups would be better served by questioning this instead of engaging in Daily Mail style scare stories.

I'm happy to continue to drink tap water, fluoride or not. I've been in plenty of countries where that is a privilege.

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Really now? A huge human rights issue? Hyperbole much.

My 2c on fluoridation of water supplies:
    Most of the claims arising from the anti side are at best pure unfounded speculation combined with a misunderstanding of science (I'm referring to the meta-analysis paper quoted earlier) and at worst downright lies and scaremongering.

Fluoride may well have a beneficial effect on dental health when added to drinking water - however I'm not 100% convinced it is significant. The anti-fluoride lobby groups would be better served by questioning this instead of engaging in Daily Mail style scare stories.

I'm happy to continue to drink tap water, fluoride or not. I've been in plenty of countries where that is a privilege.

Well you and the rest of the people that love their fluoride will have to purchase it in future if you want it, at least then it won't be forced in damaging other peoples health.

OK, so are you saying that the Irish population are not mass medicated ? It is plain as day that The citizens of Ireland are being force medicated, this is the main issue and problem. Your science does not do any justice to the fact at hand. Either way it will be out of the main system soon so it makes no difference now what you say.

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/02/29/mep-harkin-challenges-ireland-over-mass-fluoridation-of-water/

These scientific findings need to be seriously considered by the Minister for Health, particularly when Ireland is the only remaining EU country with a legislative policy for fluoridation of drinking water,” Harkin stated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Well you and the rest of the people that love their fluoride will have to purchase it in future if you want it, at least then it won't be forced in damaging other peoples health.

... like it isn't at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

I had a conversation with a dentist who disagrees with fluoride being added and I can't imagine he's the exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Fluoridation of water is the single greatest communist plot ever conceived!

Splendour wrote: »
    I had a conversation with a dentist who disagrees with fluoride being added and I can't imagine he's the exception.

It's not he'd benefit financially from an end to fluoridation or anything...

oh, wait.

At least she's lobbying for change in a transparent way.

It has already been established in Irish courts that people have a right to bodily integrity.. that was clarified sufficiently in the 60's... when it was noted in a case.. that “you have the right not to have your body or personhood interfered with" funnily enough that came as a byproduct of a case raised against fluoridation. -- http://www.bailii.org/ie/cases/IESC/1965/1.html

And from the judgement in the same case -
    I am convinced that the amount of the fluoride ion ingested at a concentration of 1 p.p.m. in the water together with the amount of the ion in the food, in drink, in the air and in drugs (in so far as we know it) does not involve any element of danger or risk to health.

“Having heard the evidence and read the literature which it was agreed I should read, I am satisfied that the fluoridation of the public water supplies at the concentration of 1 p.p.m. will not, in our temperate climate, be dangerous to anybody, old, young, healthy or sick. I am also satisfied that there is no reasonable possibility that it may involve an element of danger or risk to life or health to any of the citizens of this country.”

“It would, I think, be sufficient for the purposes of this case to say that the plaintiff has not proved that the fluoridation of the, public water supply is dangerous but I do not think that I should so confine myself. The evidence given on behalf of the plaintiff at the earlier stages in this case received wide publicity while the far more compelling evidence for the defendant received little public notice. It is possible that the evidence for the plaintiff, some of which was of a sensational character, may have created public uneasiness. Let me say then that I am satisfied beyond the slightest doubt that the fluoridation of the public water supplies in this country at a concentration of 1 p.p.m. will not cause any damage or injury to the health of anybody, young, old, healthy or sick who is living in this country and that there is no risk or prospect whatever that it will. The evidence on which I base this view consists of a number of separate items each of which is conclusive; when taken together, they are overwhelming.”

Being transparent is all well and good - but it would be nice if the argument had some solid underpinnings - which it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Oh hey, it's zenno, making shit up again.

How fucking astounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Your user name is a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

that the radio station that is advertising it's gonna have david icke on?the one that was removed as spam when advertised in the CT forum?

So what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Cienciano wrote: »
    This is the problem I have with anti flouride brigade. You honestly think companies throw the government a few quid to put their industrial waste into our drinking water because there's no other use for it or no other way of disposing of it? :rolleyes:
    ^This is the problem I have with people who have no idea what they are talking about muddying things that are important(you got any kids? I do) with naive comments. I spend my working day, amongst other things, sorting water for big companies, in all it's forms. Drinking, process and waste. I'm not "the anti flouride brigade", I'm just not thick.
    "Let's add a Toxin to the water so everyone has nice teeth" is not a compelling arguement to me, or to any other rational person without an agenda. Anyway, like I said, I don't use it, nor does anyone I care about, so knock yerselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

The problem with fluoride just got a whole lot bigger now that Harvard University has published a study in a peer-reviewed journal by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences demonstrating how fluoride in water can cause permanent neurological damage to children.
    THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS that they did this study!!!!

GETTING THIS TO MAINSTREAM PEOPLE would be great!!!!!!! (Next should be ASPERTAME POISIONING!!)

Oh hey, it's zenno, making shit up again.

How fucking astounding.

I'm not making anything up, do your own research.

I really don't see the big deal with this because when fluoride ceases to be in the water supply all people have to do is purchase it even though they can already so I don't know why some people are strongly against taking the fluoride out of the water. Theres something strange when you have some angry people demanding that fluoride stay in the main water supply. I wonder do some of you work or run a chemical company ?.

Pottler wrote: »
    I'm not "the anti flouride brigade"

I think you'll find you, eh, are. And I'm guessing you brush your teeth with that same 'toxin' in your tootpaste - regardless of where your source your drinking water from?

I'm not making anything up.

Aside from claiming fluoridation schemes are causing harm - maybe not. It's a bit of a biggie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

fluoride is so far down my list of worries in life...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smulkeysmulver

This whole flouride conspiracy is a smoke screen perpetrated to take attention away from the realy scary stuff found in the supply.
    Hydronium Hydroxide is also in the pipes, deadly stuff responsible for innumerable deaths. http://www.dhmo.org/.

Mr. Wendell, Just read the link you posted to Hydronium Hydroxide, here is an excerpt of the "Uses of..." section:

as a spray-on fire suppressant and retardant,
    in so-called "family planning" or "reproductive health" clinics,
    as a major ingredient in many home-brewed bombs,
    as a byproduct of hydrocarbon combustion in furnaces and air conditioning compressor operation,
    in cult rituals,
    by the Church of Scientology on their members and their members' families (although surprisingly, many members recently have contacted DHMO.org to vehemently deny such use),
    by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
    by members of Congress who are under investigation for financial corruption and inappropriate IM behavior,
    by kids who play Beyblades,
    by the clientele at a number of bath houses in New York City and San Francisco,

If you had a point to make, you made it badly:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mr. Wendell, Just read the link you posted to Hydronium Hydroxide, here is an excerpt of the "Uses of..." section:

as a spray-on fire suppressant and retardant,
    in so-called "family planning" or "reproductive health" clinics,
    as a major ingredient in many home-brewed bombs,
    as a byproduct of hydrocarbon combustion in furnaces and air conditioning compressor operation,
    in cult rituals,
    by the Church of Scientology on their members and their members' families (although surprisingly, many members recently have contacted DHMO.org to vehemently deny such use),
    by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
    by members of Congress who are under investigation for financial corruption and inappropriate IM behavior,
    by kids who play Beyblades,
    by the clientele at a number of bath houses in New York City and San Francisco,

If you had a point to make, you made it badly:)

DHMO is water. You new to the internet? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smulkeysmulver

I was pointing out the ridiculous website another poster linked to, as their "evidence", by posting an extract from said website ...hence me quoting the original poster at the beginning of my own post.

Yes, I am brand spanking new to the internet. You've been here since 2004 I see.

P.S.. "DHMO is Water" ...care to explain, I was under the distinct impression it was H2O?

*UPDATE: Figured it was some sort of thing like H30...a molecule in difference being poisonous, etc

I just got it! hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pottler wrote: »
    ^This is the problem I have with people who have no idea what they are talking about muddying things that are important(you got any kids? I do) with naive comments. I spend my working day, amongst other things, sorting water for big companies, in all it's forms. Drinking, process and waste. I'm not "the anti flouride brigade", I'm just not thick.
    "Let's add a Toxin to the water so everyone has nice teeth" is not a compelling arguement to me, or to any other rational person without an agenda. Anyway, like I said, I don't use it, nor does anyone I care about, so knock yerselves out.

Tell us, who are these people with "an agenda" that are adding flouride to water, and what is their agenda? Very vague as usual.

I'm not making anything up, do your own research.

I have that's why i know you're talking shit.

See how that works, knowledge trumping things you made up?
    No?

Don't worry, we'll get you there eventually.

I have that's why i know you're talking shit.

See how that works, knowledge trumping things you made up?
    No?

Don't worry, we'll get you there eventually.

Looks like I hit a sore point within yourself, but not to worry, if all you can forward to me is the 'Sh1t department' then fair enough but your comment is null and void i'm afraid. Maybe I will get you there eventually, into the realm of self-thinking and out of the robotic thinking you are stuck in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why do they put it in anyway? It must have/had some benefit? I've been drinking tap water all my life and I'm grand.. I think :L

Looks like I hit a sore point within yourself,
    Not really, but one more delusion for the pile, I guess.
    but not to worry, if all you can forward to me is the 'Sh1t department' then fair enough but your comment is null and void i'm afraid. Maybe I will get you there eventually, into the realm of self-thinking and out of the robotic thinking you are stuck in.

I do like the commonly held mantra of people like you where you're utterly convinced that you're a special, unique snowflakes and everyone else is simply just not as clued in as you are.

Frankly, I'm surprised you've not used the phrase "sheeple" yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Why do they put it in anyway? It must have/had some benefit? I've been drinking tap water all my life and I'm grand.. I think :L

It was first added 50+ odd years ago (when it was of actual benefit), and since then; most countries have discontinued the practice because of potential ethical, efficacy & legal doubts about it.

Of course, Ireland being Ireland.. we are always ahead of the curve in those things the last to accept that a curve exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

It was first added 50+ odd years ago (when it was of actual benefit), and since then; most countries have discontinued the practice because of potential ethical, efficacy & legal doubts about it.

Of course, Ireland being Ireland.. we are always ahead of the curve in those things the last to accept that a curve exists.

But what was that benefit 50 years ago? How is that no longer a benefit? :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

But what was that benefit 50 years ago? How is that no longer a benefit? :L

I dunno, after over half a century, you'd be forgiven for believing that some things have changed...

Awareness, ease of access to dentistry, and bloody common sense should have at least progressed somewhat since the 50's!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement