Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Mac or Whopper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I need a double quarter pounder with cheez really bad now. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I've heard very good reports of In and Out Burger. Shame it's restricted to parts of the USA...:(

But seriously, I would devour a whopper right now!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

OutlawPete wrote: »
    The option was below where you entered your text, too late now to add one but I'm sure one the Mods will add one when they see your post.
    If not - just send one of them a PM (please add a GBK option, pretty please).

I adore GBK burgers, love 'em.

Gourmet Burger Company are also excellent.

Jo Burger are amazing.

Rick's are okay, but they always fall apart.

Zaytoon make a decent burger, has to be said.

BoBo's were good but are now not so much.

If I have to stick to the two options, I have to say an Angus Whopper.

Don't like McDonalds food at all, pure muck that leaves you more hungry than you fecking were to begin with.

did they make a bobo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

JupiterKid wrote: »
    What is a bungo and from where can you procure such an item of sustenance?

They're scrumptious savoury wonders. You seriously never heard of a bungo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

Big Mac never had a whopper doh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    In-N-Out Burger is the best by a long way.

I found that place to be the worst fast food outlet ever....that and Carl's Jnr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Zemuppet wrote: »
    I found that place to be the worst fast food outlet ever....that and Carl's Jnr

You've obviously never been to Noggies on mason street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

did they make a bobo?

Nope, they made a moo moo.

They switched from Grass Fed beef (O'Tooles Organic) to junk.

Maybe it was bought out, as all the staff are different to the guys that opened it and worked there also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Whopper by a mile, cant stand Mcdonalds burgers pure plastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Mine is a half pounder from Burger King or some independent retailer.
    Wife and I don't touch McDee's food for love or money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

A drawback with Burger King is that there are so few outlets in Ireland, at least compared to McDonalds.:(

AFAIK there is no BK in Cork, Galway or anywhere in the North west. A shame really, especially when they opened their first outlet on Grafton St in Dublin 30 years ago this year, only a few years after McDonalds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I loved the McRib, then one time when they came back I ate too many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

A drawback with Burger King is that there are so few outlets in Ireland, at least compared to McDonalds.:(

AFAIK there is no BK in Cork, Galway or anywhere in the North west. A shame really, especially when they opened their first outlet on Grafton St in Dublin 30 years ago this year, only a few years after McDonalds.

Burger King opened in Galway last year or the year before. But they're in a shopping centre so close at like 6:30 most of the time! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Whopper all the way but BK's fries are shite.
    So ideally Chipper chips, whopper with cheese and Eddie Rockets garlic mayo.
    NYOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Zinger tower Burger...has to have the tower bit!!! Himself loves the Smokey Bacon Burger in Supercraps but i wouldn't eat there if you paid me!!!

Love GBK burgers too, and Eddie's does a nice line in apple smoked Cheddar burgers.....here in Athlone the Mad Whore does nyommy chunky chips....burgers are so so....

Funny enough, i don't eat much red meat :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

there used to be a burger king in sligo up to not that long ago,went out of business chicken royale is alright rest of the food is muck.i would take a big 4 over a whopper or big mac anyday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Firstly there is a BK in Galway, Secondly Double Quarter Pounder with Chesse from McDonalds should be on the poll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

1. KFC Zinger (Tower)
    2. Whopper
    3. Big Mac
    4. Big Tasty
    nom, nom, nom...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I worked in BK in Cork about 12 years ago ..... its still there !!

Patrick Street, Cork

Heres a link to the Galway one

and one in Athlone .... it looks like the Sligo one is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I don't put any of that shite into me body :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

There used to be a place on Westmoreland Street called Wonder Burger.
    Their wonder-burger and chips were the business. Beat McD and BK by a mile.

I wouldn't touch any of those large franchise burger joints with a damn barge pole. They suck. Their grub is revolting and full of steroids, grease and sugar. If I want a burger and chips I prefer to go to a Mom-n-Pop greasy spoon cafe or a pub. I actually like drinking a glass of dry white with a bacon-cheezeburger and chips :D

If anything I'd vote for big sloppy Abrakebabra Doner (after a belly full of ale).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I wouldn't touch any of those large franchise burger joints with a damn barge pole. They suck. Their grub is revolting and full of steroids, grease and sugar. If I want a burger and chips I prefer to go to a Mom-n-Pop greasy spoon cafe or a pub. I actually like drinking a glass of dry white with a bacon-cheezeburger and chips :D

If anything I'd vote for big sloppy Abrakebabra Doner (after a belly full of ale).

any proof to back up that claim ? ..... you are entitled to your opinion but claiming its full of steroids ??? thats just not on .... Grease and Sugar I would probably agree (well... sugar....salt and other junk....maybe....but I've never been involved in the manufacturing side of things) .... steroids thats a bit harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I like Big Macs, Whopper with cheese and GBK Habanero burger all equally. I agree Ricks fall apart easily but they are also quite tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Cant stand Maccy D's. The odd time I go the BurgerKing I go for the Double Angus Burger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

XL Bacon Double cheese man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Spice burger FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

WTF's a Mighty Mac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Abrakebabra don't do kebabs, not real ones anyway, plus aren't they a franchise as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Whopper wins hands down :p Burger King rules over McDonalds... Although I do love their double cheese burgers. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Their grub is full of steroids.

Normally you'd have to pay extra for that.

Advertisement