Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

behcets syndrome

Options
  • 30-12-2009 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hey folks, just wondering how many people are aware of bechets, particularly in ireland, and what it is. i have an advanced case if it, and the dics in a certain hospital told me "you [robab;y know more about it than we do". its wideley reckoned to be an l shaped bacteria that hides within the cells, commanding your immune system to go nuts trying to find it. as a result, it like to grind away at the softer tissue, and is very fond of the small blood vessels and the arteries. imuran and other imunno surpressants are doing great work, along with daily aspirin. was told last year that there are about 5 people registered with bechets in the south. im just sniffin around here folks, and if anyones got questions, go ahead. thanks, sofunky. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I did hear of it because it's one of the possibilities of what could be wrong with me. I didd know more about it but have forgotten it all, I kinda stopped caring about the whole thing ages ago, wasn't getting anywhere with it.

Advertisement