Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jen's Voights Hour Record Attempt.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lap 36: Jens just scratched his nose :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

Oh, according to this presenter the record is currently held by a Russian guy, Ondrej Sosenko Oleg Tinkov

You know his ego would love it

What average speed does he need? Great consistency since I switched on.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,485 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I personally think he's gone out a little too hard. The further in you get the more difficult it is to keep low on the track and with the amount he's currently going up the track in the bends he's adding 300-500m to his target

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,485 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

What average speed does he need? Great consistency since I switched on.
    50 km/h;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Beasty wrote: »
    I personally think he's gone out a little too hard. The further in you get the more difficult it is to keep low on the track and with the amount he's currently going up the track in the bends he's adding 300-500m to his target

+1

The last 10mins will be a killer

50 km/h;)

Seems a very round figure. :P

Seems a very round figure. :P
    Well the current record is marginally under 49.7 km/h and as I've already said he seems to be adding at least 300m to his required distance by not keeping to the black line...

Well the current record is marginally under 49.7 km/h and as I've already said he seems to be adding at least 300m to his required distance by not keeping to the black line...

49.7, grand. :P
    The consistency really is amazing. The graph would be a lovely wave so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

He's over a lap ahead at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

whats the red device attached underneath his saddle? Also how does the team communicate with him, by using boards or are you allowed an earpiece

Alex Dowsett ‏@alexdowsett 8m
    Hope Jens is going to put this on Strava. He's already lapped the previous record.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

He's drifting a good bit out in the bends. He's wasting far too much energy time and distance, it'll hit him at the end. Come on Jens, tighten up!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

hes gona be a bit dizzy at the end all that round and round and round

... now he's scratching his arse ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Muahahaha wrote: »
    whats the red device attached underneath his saddle? Also how does the team communicate with him, by using boards or are you allowed an earpiece

That's the head unit for his power meter, that would normally be on his handlebars (not allowed to put it there in this event)

Team communicate by whistles and boards.

neris wrote: »
    hes gona be a bit dizzy at the end all that round and round and round
    He's got to do another 200 laps clockwise after this just to unwind....

Team communicate by .... boards.
    Y'see - we have our uses:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Muahahaha wrote: »

Probably some official timing gizmo. He's no access to any speed data,all he has is a power meter on the bike. A blow of a whistle is telling him if he's on course with his lap times.

Probably some official timing gizmo. He's no access to any speed data,all he has is a power meter on the bike. A blow of a whistle is telling him if he's on course with his lap times.
    It will be the transmitter for sending all the data back to his team

• Advertisement

On target to be 1 minute under.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

He's got to do another 200 laps clockwise after this just to unwind....

The UCI rules state for the record to stand the challenge needs to be done clockwise.

He's going to be pee'd off when he gets off the bike and is told that.

Joking

Still great lap times

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Dan Martin @DanMartin86

Wish @thejensie would hurry up and finish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

He's killing it now…god I hope he can hold it

I definitely have changed my view here - I'm now convinced he's going to do it - more now a matter of how much he adds to the current record

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That 5/6 looks ok now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

gadetra wrote: »
    He's drifting a good bit out in the bends. He's wasting far too much energy time and distance, it'll hit him at the end. Come on Jens, tighten up!
    that could be the fork rake, track forks are more stable at high speed, steering is dampened

*I could be wrong, 70% confident Im right

I want to see a sub-17 second lap, come on Jensie!!

• Advertisement

Sub 17 - mad Ted

Advertisement