Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorey 3 Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

It says 2008 in Sticky Bottle, but I'm pretty sure, that's wrong. It seems to me, it was longer ago that that.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ragazzo

Eamonnator wrote: »
    It says 2008 in Sticky Bottle, but I'm pretty sure, that's wrong. It seems to me, it was longer ago that that.

Probably the same year as he rode Ràs Mumhan on the Irish team. Pretty sure it was 2004 although it may possibly have been 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Glorious day for stage racing. Far nicer conditions than at my own maiden Gorey last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Plastik wrote: »
    Glorious day for stage racing. Far nicer conditions than at my own maiden Gorey last year.

No pangs of regret that you didn't enter this year plastik?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

lennymc wrote: »
    No pangs of regret that you didn't enter this year plastik?

Honestly ... Not really. Will do it again but it didn't matter to me for this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭531

Any results yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Race stopped and subsequently cancelled at about 5 km to go due to serious RTA just ahead of race. Road blocked and riders turned back. Left when fire brigades and ambulances arrived. A small group of 5/6 had a 30/40 second gap at that stage. Guess results will be neutralised.

Great racing up to that. Sunshine and group mostly intact after 125kms.

I THINK that they are giving 2 riders at 12 seconds, 9 riders a further 50 seconds and the rest of the field at the same time. Nothing official yet tho.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,448 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stickybottle report

Unfortunately based on externl news reports it looks like there was a fatality in the road crash

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Beasty wrote: »
    Stickybottle report

Unfortunately based on externl news reports it looks like there was a fatality in the road crash

According to this the injuries are not serious.
    http://www.wexfordecho.ie/2014/04/19/road-crash-brings-dramatic-end-to-gorey-3-day-cycle-race-stage/

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,448 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    You're right - the article I was looking at was about a fatality in a crash in Co Wexford at 7pm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

It was 2008, the year Stephen Gallagher won, he was on the Irish team with Roger Aiken and David McCann among others.

RobFowl wrote: »
    It was 2008, the year Stephen Gallagher won, he was on the Irish team with Roger Aiken and David McCann among others.

You're right. It seems much longer ago, than that.
    At least, it was an Olympic year.
    Tempus doesn't fugit.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

Some savage headwind at tt this morning, pity about the finish yesterday but what can you do, I'd say there was half the bunch left yesterday as lads were letting go everywhere on the drags. Probably 100 happy souls from yesterday's annulled bunch results,
    I'd say the cracks will show early enough today with the wind direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

J Madone wrote: »
    Some savage headwind at tt this morning, pity about the finish yesterday but what can you do, I'd say there was half the bunch left yesterday as lads were letting go everywhere on the drags. Probably 100 happy souls from yesterday's annulled bunch results,
    I'd say the cracks will show early enough today with the wind direction!

Agreed, there will be some relieved lads from yesterday but I'd imagine if you were struggling yesterday then today will be a whole new world of pain!

TT was crazy windy, embarassing average on a downhill 6km tt :)

Bring on the suffering......

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Bring on the suffering......

how did you do in the TT?

how did you do in the TT?

I wasn't dropped :)

10 something. Was a wicked headwind

I wasn't dropped :)

10 something. Was a wicked headwind

fair play...wind was very strong.

Robin Seymour was 2nd in TT, this morning. Leads overall by 9 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭C3PO

Robin Seymour won the TT this morning.

I might be wrong but I think he was only second but took the overall lead!

Sorry, C3PO, my correction coincided with your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Got very ropey with the rain halfway through today, lumpy windy and slippy! No chance of breaks staying away with the wind, I made it home with the bunch, Seymour still in yellow (edit: he isn't, apologies) think a Lucan lad got up in the sprint, few crashes, a young Kanturk lad looked and sounded in a world of pain after a spill.

Edit: wasn't a bunch sprint, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Shane Baker didn't finish the stage. Ciaran Kelly did a monster time in the TT considering the brutal headwind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭C3PO

Seymour still in yellow, think a Lucan lad got up in the sprint,

Really .. the "Bush Telegraph" was saying that someone from Lucan had taken the lead? Delighted for Robin if it's correct!

C3PO wrote: »
    Really .. the "Bush Telegraph" was saying that someone from Lucan had taken the lead? Delighted for Robin if it's correct!

Unless there was someone up the road but thought we were altogether, Lucan guy raised his arms at the finish line and Seymour was there within the last km anyway, a decent bunch finished together, I didn't hang around and check results though but that's what I thought happened

Shane Baker didn't finish the stage. Ciaran Kelly did a monster time in the TT considering the brutal headwind.

Great time and total domination, wind was brutal!

That was GC after TT

darragh zaiban won lads.

• Advertisement

darragh zaiban won lads.

The sprint or was he up the road? I saw Lucan lads celebrate straight after also so assumed they had won, I was probably hallucinating :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement